The Journey / Travel Bug glitched?

visighost

Yep, they are glitched. The Journey unlocked for me without any issues, but Travel bug not. So I had to delete my progress and play the whole game and dlc again + I did a lot of "idle" passes, since I really didn't want to touch this title anymore.

IMHO to avoid the glitch: download the main game and DLC, go first for the gold times and other offline trophies while playing completely offline and only after getting 5.0/7.5 mln go online for remaining multiplayer trophies. That's what is also recommended on ps3t.

Agreed. I'm almost done with the gold times (only DLC content pending) so I'll delete my save and go for the Survival trophies next (who knows, maybe the distance travelled there counts towards The Journey?).

I'm thinking you can also leave the game running on a long level (the last one?), possibly with a weight on the accelerator, watch some tv while restarting the level once in a while, and you'll eventually get there.

It's an ok game, but man is it buggy all over the place. Not sure how it was cleared for release, let alone approved for PS+...

Edited by visighost
answered my own question
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, visighost said:

I'm thinking you can also leave the game running on a long level (the last one?), possibly with a weight on the accelerator, watch some tv while restarting the level once in a while, and you'll eventually get there.

That's exactly what I have done. After completing the main levels for the second time and getting 8-9 gold times, I played 3-4 dlc, then I was just starting 5th dlc level and leaving vita by itself, then restarting the level over and over again without even blocking the acceleration button. Took me couple of hours, but finally the trophy popped.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Good day!

I'd just like to confirm that as of October 22, 2022, this glitch still exists. I just ended up popping Travel Bug (Travel 7,500,000 miles) but Journey didn't pop yet for me.

@visighost I see that you've managed to unlock it eventually. Did deleting your save work? Did you have to install / uninstall the game again? Did you play offline the 2nd time around to unlock it? And did you obtain it in the Vita or the PS4? A friend of mine suggested that if you start the DLC levels before unlocking the 5 million journey trophy, that could lock you out of the trigger point for getting the 5 million trophy and activate the trigger to begin checking the 7.5 million trophy, but that's just a hypothesis. That's probably what happened to me when I unexpectedly started the DLC levels before unlocking the 5 million trophy.

Sorry for the many questions, but I just want to make sure so I won't have to replay it a 3rd time if doing it a 2nd time still causes the trophy to glitch out. Thanks in advance! :) ?

Edited by r2rokid
Clarification for unlocking trophy

19 hours ago, r2rokid said:

@visighost I see that you've managed to unlock it eventually. Did deleting your save work? Did you have to install / uninstall the game again? Did you play offline the 2nd time around to unlock it? And did you obtain it in the Vita or the PS4? A friend of mine suggested that if you start the DLC levels before unlocking the 5 million journey trophy, that could lock you out of the trigger point for getting the 5 million trophy and activate the trigger to begin checking the 7.5 million trophy, but that's just a hypothesis. That's probably what happened to me when I unexpectedly started the DLC levels before unlocking the 5 million trophy.

I apologize, I don’t recall at all what I did to get the trophy in the end. Should have updated the thread back then… I can tell you I played on Vita, but that’s about it… I don’t THINK I had to delete my save, but… I can’t say for sure. It has been five years, and thousands of games were played since!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, visighost said:

I apologize, I don’t recall at all what I did to get the trophy in the end. Should have updated the thread back then… I can tell you I played on Vita, but that’s about it… I don’t THINK I had to delete my save, but… I can’t say for sure. It has been five years, and thousands of games were played since!

That's no problem at all! I have notified the guide authors so that they can at least update the guide and mention that this trophy is buggy. On my end, I'm trying to replay the game, deleted my save, both the local land the cloud one, playing offline, and I've played in the PS4 all the way.  Another hypothesis is that the moment I popped "Hit 50 jumps", that was when I crossed the 5 million mile mark threshold, but the game wasn't scripted to handle that instance, so I'm avoiding all jumps as much as possible this time around. If it still doesn't pop though, I'll probably just let this go.

Slightly irritated that it happened in my new alt though, and looking at previous achievers, looks like it has only happened to me most recently (the recent achievers had their trophy pop up just fine), so it's a little head scratching as to what caused it. Going to be a shame if I'll have to hide this in that account though, which I hope is not the case!

UPDATE: The trophy for "Journey" finally popped in my 2nd playthrough, but I had to approach it differently.

1.) Deleted both the local save and cloud save located in-game. Also, I made sure to play entirely offline.

2.) Played using the Orion ship ONLY.

3.) Played through every track from start to end once, but I DID NOT start the DLC tracks in anyway.

4.) After completing the route from Okrom -> Baiux, I started playing all the tracks AGAIN from the beginning achieving gold times. At this point, I still only used the Orion ship.

5.) The trophy "Journey" popped in the middle of the route "Imperial City" -> Akanthus.

If, by the time you get past Imperial City -> Akanthus, and you don't have the journey trophy yet 2 or so tracks later, it's HIGHLY LIKELY the trophy glitched out on you. If it makes sense, I made use of the ship "Icarus" at some points during my first playthrough after getting Cheapskate. I'm highly uncertain what triggered the glitch some other players like I encountered, but if possible, avoid using the Icarus ship as it could probably be the source of the trophy glitching out. At least, that's what I would hypothesize. The other is starting the DLC levels inadvertently immediately.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just a heads up for everyone still playing this one.

I started the game with DLC installed and used the Orion ship all the way.

Played until Okrom -> Baiux. Never touched a DLC level yet. As soon as i reached Baiux i went back to get my gold times for the main game.

About half way through i got the 5.000.000 trophy and before i even finished the main game with gold times i also got the 7.500.000 trophy without ever touching a DLC level :)