Missable thread

aZombieDictator

1 minute ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

Basically there's a point of no return. 

The entire game is a point of no return lol

45 minutes ago, Moiledieu said:

Oh, I wrote Chapter 3. I am really sorry. It was Chapter 2. How could I get that wrong. I apologize deeply.

I just got it. I made a video too, I didn't see one on your channel for it. I'll post it here in a bit.

2 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

I am relieved then. I didn't post a video for that because I didn't think it would worth it. The trophy is pretty easy to obtain and doesn't require any clarification. But it is a nice thing you made one. :) 

I just saw chapter 3 so I assumed it was there, took like 20 minutes to get back so not all that bad.

Is anybody else having issues with trophies being glitchy or not popping? Specifically Last Words and What were you staring at?!

Last Words, I've gotten the same 6 as the video above with no luck. "You're stepping on my head."  "I'll never do it again." "Only five more minutes..." "That's all folks." "Here I await you my love. Don't delay." "John C. Keaton, good husband, lousy electrician."

What are you staring at?!, I looked at the Employee of the Month photo in the first lab during Matt's solo section and nothing happened. I also looked at the photo in the manor earlier in the playthrough.

I'm not sure what else to try at this point besides reinstalling the game and hoping that fixes it.

EDIT: Deleting my save game data and starting a new game made the Last Words trophy pop but not the What are you staring at?! trophy. Could there be another picture that is required earlier?

Edited by PsychoticLight

12 hours ago, PsychoticLight said:

Is anybody else having issues with trophies being glitchy or not popping? Specifically Last Words and What were you staring at?!

Last Words, I've gotten the same 6 as the video above with no luck. "You're stepping on my head."  "I'll never do it again." "Only five more minutes..." "That's all folks." "Here I await you my love. Don't delay." "John C. Keaton, good husband, lousy electrician."

What are you staring at?!, I looked at the Employee of the Month photo in the first lab during Matt's solo section and nothing happened. I also looked at the photo in the manor earlier in the playthrough.

I'm not sure what else to try at this point besides reinstalling the game and hoping that fixes it.

EDIT: Deleting my save game data and starting a new game made the Last Words trophy pop but not the What are you staring at?! trophy. Could there be another picture that is required earlier?

It is possible that many portraits are involved. I interacted with a lot of things during my first run so I couldn't tell which ones are required.

EDIT : apparently, there are 3 portraits according to the dev but they didn't mention whitch ones so Employee + Manor + ... 

Edited by Moiledieu

1 minute ago, Moiledieu said:

I guess it's a portrait pretty similar to the other two but I don't remember seeing another one. I obtained the trophy because I was curious during my first run and checked everything. I really wish I could help you guys more. :(

Oh well... I tried messaging the person who got it recently but privacy settings. I'll just be sitting at 96% for while. I just hope it at least saved me looking at the other two so I don't have to do a completely new playthrough.

10 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

It is possible that many portraits are involved. I interacted with a lot of things during my first run so I couldn't tell which ones are required.

EDIT : apparently, there are 3 portraits according to the dev but they didn't mention whitch ones so Employee + Manor + ... 

Yeah, I figured there was another one, thanks for clearing that up. It must not be super obvious if you don't remember seeing it.

1 hour ago, blackf1re- said:

Isn't there a portrait right at the start, where you first meet matt's parents? I think it was a garage?

That one was a poster of Nikola Tesla. I've checked it each time but no trophy.

Just finished a third run up to the Employee of the Month photo with no luck. Thought I ran my character over what felt like every wall surface in the game. No clue.

When you're up in the treehouse beginning of the game, you can look through a telescope that shows the same guy staring at you so this might be what you've all missed? Because I used the telescope, viewed the employee of the month portrait in Chapter 8 and the trophy unlocked for me!

Edited by Gladiator995
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

When you're up in the treehouse beginning of the game, you can look through a telescope that shows the same guy staring at you so this might be what you've all missed? Because I used the telescope, viewed the employee of the month portrait in Chapter 8 and the trophy unlocked for me!

Oh nice one. It has to be that. Thank you so much for mentionning it. :)

Edited by Moiledieu

1 hour ago, Moiledieu said:

Oh nice one. It has to be that. Thank you so much for mentionning it. :)

Not a problem! I can't seem to get the Last Words trophy to unlock, I've read all six epitaphs, deleted my save data from the previous play through which didn't unlock the trophy either. Is there something I'm missing or this trophy just badly glitched?

Edited by Gladiator995

1 hour ago, Gladiator995 said:

Not a problem! I can't seem to get the Last Words trophy to unlock, I've read all six epitaphs, deleted my save data from the previous play through which didn't unlock the trophy either. Is there something I'm missing or this trophy just badly glitched?

I think it's glitched unfortunately. Someone made a comment on one of my video guide and said the exact same thing. Maybe you have to read them all with the same character without switching.

Edited by Moiledieu

2 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

I think it's glitched unfortunately. Someone made a comment on one of my video guide and said the exact same thing.

Well I've deleted the game off my PlayStation, reinstalled and read all the epitaphs again and the trophy still refuses to unlock so it must be glitched :(

Edited by Gladiator995

If we're mentioning glitches then I've definetly encountered another one. In chpater 5 whilst in the cave reading all the writings for "Inscriptiana Jones". It refuses to unlock for me, I have a save right at the start of the chapter and tried numerous times but nothing. The only other option I have is to delete everything and try again which I'm not too happy about. Maybe one of us should tweet the devs and mention these possible bugs.

39 minutes ago, mindKTRL said:

If we're mentioning glitches then I've definetly encountered another one. In chpater 5 whilst in the cave reading all the writings for "Inscriptiana Jones". It refuses to unlock for me, I have a save right at the start of the chapter and tried numerous times but nothing. The only other option I have is to delete everything and try again which I'm not too happy about. Maybe one of us should tweet the devs and mention these possible bugs.

Try reading the incriptions only with Matt. The trophy popped when I did that.

I've had the Last Words trophy glitch on me too, I have a save right at the front gate of the graveyard and have ran through the section multiple times and the trophy won't pop.

I've definitely read the epitaph on every tombstone shown in the video a few posts above (they're pretty hard to miss if you're looking for them) and no luck. Hopefully it will pop like it should on a new save...

EDIT: After beating the game and getting all other trophies I backed up my save then deleted the game and saves off of my PS4, I re-installed and started a new game, rushed through the opening chapters only doing what was necessary and after getting back to the cemetery and reading the same tombstones I did before the trophy popped this time. Not sure what caused the glitch but luckily it didn't affect me the 2nd time.

Edited by Caudill

8 minutes ago, Caudill said:

I've had the Last Words trophy glitch on me too, I have a save right at the front gate of the graveyard and have ran through the section multiple times and the trophy won't pop.

I've definitely read the epitaph on every tombstone shown in the video a few posts above (they're pretty hard to miss if you're looking for them) and no luck. Hopefully it will pop like it should on a new save...

That video was when I popped the trophy as well. I wish trophy pops showed on recordings so you could see but oh well.

8 hours ago, Gladiator995 said:

Dude, you're a hero. Thank you so much.

4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well fuck me. I had a save at chapter 5 just in case. But guess I gotta do an entire new playthrough. This is gonna be fun... And I swear if the trophy doesn't unlock....

Same here, saves at chapter 2, 4, and 6. Playthrough #4 here we come.

EDIT: Looked at all three (telescope, manor, employee of the month) and it didn't unlock. I guess it glitched and I don't think I want to run it a fifth time with no guarantee it will unlock.

Edited by PsychoticLight
  • Like 1