Missable thread

aZombieDictator

3 hours ago, PsychoticLight said:

Dude, you're a hero. Thank you so much.

Same here, saves at chapter 2, 4, and 6. Playthrough #4 here we come.

EDIT: Looked at all three (telescope, manor, employee of the month) and it didn't unlock. I guess it glitched and I don't think I want to run it a fifth time with no guarantee it will unlock.

Well shit. I don't know if I wanna do a second play through if it's not guaranteed... Was planning on doing a stream of the full game to get the final trophy. But I don't know if I wanna risk it not popping.

I have a save file right at all three spots and that didn't even work. I know for certain I've looked at all three spots. So guess another playthrough.... I really wanted to be in the first 10 to Platinum, but of course when I finally an gonna get a spot like that the game fucks me over.

Edited by aZombieDictator

9 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I have a save file right at all three spots and that didn't even work. I know for certain I've looked at all three spots. So guess another playthrough.... I really wanted to be in the first 10 to Platinum, but of course when I finally an gonna get a spot like that the game fucks me over.

I never had a problem with this trophy unlocking, I can confirm that I looked through the tree house telescope, the painting on the wall in the manor and the employee of the month picture in the last chapter and the trophy unlocked fine.

A new playthrough (after deleting the game and save files) fixed my issue with a glitched Last Words trophy so I would think a fresh playthrough should work for you too, definitely sucks you have to pretty much play the full game again to get it though.

14 minutes ago, Caudill said:

I never had a problem with this trophy unlocking, I can confirm that I looked through the tree house telescope, the painting on the wall in the manor and the employee of the month picture in the last chapter and the trophy unlocked fine.

A new playthrough (after deleting the game and save files) fixed my issue with a glitched Last Words trophy so I would think a fresh playthrough should work for you too, definitely sucks you have to pretty much play the full game again to get it though.

I really don't have any more drive to to another playthrough... This fucking sucks. Such an amazing game, but had to have stupid trophy issues.

Understandable for sure, I would have reconsidered another full playthrough right away myself if I ran into the same issue. Luckily it didn't take long to get back to where I had to for mine. if you were to rush through the whole game ignoring enemies when possible/other collectables/etc it shouldn't take you that long to get through it when you do decide to give it another go.

Agree about the game, definitely very cool, I didn't really follow it pre-release but the latest trailer won me over and the game impressed in the end (though I tend to usually enjoy the stuff that Devolver puts out), shame about these trophy issues.

4 hours ago, Caudill said:

Yeah I guess I'll have to try that. Reinstalling game and deleting save data worked for the Last Words trophy so hopefully this is similar.

I ran a little bit over two hours to complete the full game, skipping whichever fights I could.

Playthrough five, here I come. It's a good thing I actually like this game.

EDIT: Playthrough five clocked in at 2h15m and I'm happy to say that the trophy did NOT glitch on the final run. I didn't inspect anything else in the whole game except for the three required for the trophy. Thanks Molideau, Gladiator995, and Caudill for the help. Good luck aZombieDictator if you decide to go for it, hopefully it doesn't glitch out.

Edited by PsychoticLight

Good news guys. After completely wiping the game off my console along with the saved data and application data, I went back through to get the Last Words trophy one final time and it actually unlocked! The platinum is finally mine ?

Not sure if it affected anything or not but I only read the gravestones with Chris.

Edited by Gladiator995

7 hours ago, Gladiator995 said:

Good news guys. After completely wiping the game off my console along with the saved data and application data, I went back through to get the Last Words trophy one final time and it actually unlocked! The platinum is finally mine 1f601.png

Not sure if it affected anything or not but I only read the gravestones with Chris.

I'm just gonna delete my saves and everything and try one final time. I really should have had the Platinum 3 days ago. It disappoints me so fucking much the first time I was gonna be first 10 to Platinum I just get screwed over. I hope I can do this playthrough quick. I also tweeted to them about the trophy. Someone said they missed the treehouse, and got the other two pictures, the it popped at the treehouse. I did the same exact thing and it didn't work for me. The trophies just seem completely random for how they wanna work and if they'll pop. 

I finally got it. Completed entire game in under three hours. This game is unbelievably good and the story is fucking perfection. The ending is one of the best endings to any game ever in my opinion. Made me tear up twice. I recommend this game to everyone. It's such a great experience. But that was rough getting the Platinum with the dodgy trophies. But I did have fun blowing through it that quick.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 10:58 PM, Moiledieu said:

All Collectibles are missable. I did a video guide to find them all but cannot publish it until the game release because of the embargo (sorry for the self-publicity). I didn't do a guide for Profiles as a very few is missable

- Matt's parents : in the garage of the house, right after disabling the crazy laser

- Wyatt (arcade sidequest in the city, chapter 1)

- Long John (fast food sidequest in the city, chapter 1)

- Bronson (chapter 4 in the sewer, climb the first ladder you see to trigger a scene)

An exemplary student ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 1, after waking up, go to your parents bedroom and read the paper (only 1 question)

Unbounded interrogation ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 1, in the city, talk to the mime next to the fountain 6 ou 7 times to make him talk

Poltergeist gone! ->

Hide contents

Chapter 2, after repairing the ghost device, go to Mr Freeman's house (south of yours), talk to the indian chief then to Mr Freeman by asking what his wife would think of the situation and threaten him

Last words ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 2, in the cemetary, read all 6 epitaphs (careful to check them all as you can't go back after gates closing behind you)

Master Splinter ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 4, in the sewer, hidden behind a wall of bricks (same room as a collectible)

Evil baby ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 4, in the Sarducci manor, go upstairs and ask to go to the cave in the elevator

Inscriptiana Jones ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 5, read all 8 inscriptions (4 texts, 2 frescos, 2 "outlines") only with Matt. I did it with other characters then Matt and the trophy didn't pop. I had to erase all my data and obtained the trophy by reading with him only. Seemed glitched.

Roy I am already inside ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 7, MGS reference, don't climb into the military truck, go south in the right corner, secret passage to a big box, interact with it

Hunted Chameleon ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 8, when you see Bronson again in a bad shape, go to the north-east, open a door and interact with someone behind the wall

What were you staring at ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 8, not sure about that one, with Matt (alone) I looked at an Employee of the month portrait and the trophy popped but there is a similar one in the Sarducci manor chapter 4 that I also looked at so ... I don't know (could be just one because of the troll of the Exepmplary student trophy -> only 1 question)

Please guys, little help.

For the Poltergeist Gone! trophy, when exactly should/can I get to that house?

Because after repairing the ghost device you go directly to the part where you walk through those tubes things, and it seems impossible to get to that specific house.

17 hours ago, Rick_Nya said:

Because after repairing the ghost device you go directly to the part where you walk through those tubes things, and it seems impossible to get to that specific house.

That parts further into the game. For the Poltergeist trophy, you need to visit the house AFTER the incident with Quincy in the cemetery, which is Chapter 2 I believe. 

17 hours ago, Rick_Nya said:

It's at the start of chapter 2 when you fight the first ghosts.

• 2 months later...
On 2018-02-13 at 1:58 AM, Moiledieu said:

All Collectibles are missable. I did a video guide to find them all but cannot publish it until the game release because of the embargo (sorry for the self-publicity). I didn't do a guide for Profiles as a very few is missable

- Matt's parents : in the garage of the house, right after disabling the crazy laser

- Wyatt (arcade sidequest in the city, chapter 1)

- Long John (fast food sidequest in the city, chapter 1)

- Bronson (chapter 4 in the sewer, climb the first ladder you see to trigger a scene)

An exemplary student ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 1, after waking up, go to your parents bedroom and read the paper (only 1 question)

Unbounded interrogation ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 1, in the city, talk to the mime next to the fountain 6 ou 7 times to make him talk

Poltergeist gone! ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 2, after repairing the ghost device, go to Mr Freeman's house (south of yours), talk to the indian chief then to Mr Freeman by asking what his wife would think of the situation and threaten him

Last words ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 2, in the cemetary, read all 6 epitaphs (careful to check them all as you can't go back after gates closing behind you)

Master Splinter ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 4, in the sewer, hidden behind a wall of bricks (same room as a collectible)

Evil baby ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 4, in the Sarducci manor, go upstairs and ask to go to the cave in the elevator

Inscriptiana Jones ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 5, read all 8 inscriptions (4 texts, 2 frescos, 2 "outlines") only with Matt. I did it with other characters then Matt and the trophy didn't pop. I had to erase all my data and obtained the trophy by reading with him only. Seemed glitched.

Roy I am already inside ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 7, MGS reference, don't climb into the military truck, go south in the right corner, secret passage to a big box, interact with it

Hunted Chameleon ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 8, when you see Bronson again in a bad shape, go to the north-east, open a door and interact with someone behind the wall

What were you staring at ->

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 8, not sure about that one, with Matt (alone) I looked at an Employee of the month portrait and the trophy popped but there is a similar one in the Sarducci manor chapter 4 that I also looked at so ... I don't know (could be just one because of the troll of the Exepmplary student trophy -> only 1 question)

Do you have a list of the profiles? I know Im missing bronson but have one more missing and have Wyatt, Long John and the parents

• 9 months later...
On 17/2/2018 at 6:18 AM, aZombieDictator said:

I finally got it. Completed entire game in under three hours. This game is unbelievably good and the story is fucking perfection. The ending is one of the best endings to any game ever in my opinion. Made me tear up twice. I recommend this game to everyone. It's such a great experience. But that was rough getting the Platinum with the dodgy trophies. But I did have fun blowing through it that quick.

First of all, I thank you for sharing this cuz for me this game is very special also. In my analysis for another Web I give it a 9.5/10.

It´s one of my favorites games ever.

Secondly: I´ve been planning for the world record since it came out. But this weekend I said to myself "Ok, this is it, I will do it now. The game was released 1 year ago, Ive been postponing this too much time"

As you can see on the database, Now I hold the world record for speed run, but sadly I must say that I did a few failures.

I believe it can be done in 2:26 min or so, even less minutes. But I´m really happy for it, because it´s not a "perfect path" but it was an "almost perfect path".

I pretend to buy a Nintendo Switch this year eventually, and my first game will be for sure Crossing Souls again. This guys made a masterpiece.

And in my webstie we will probably giveaway some copies of the games. Sadly on PS4 you cannot giveaway codes, not even the publishers or the developers. They have limited amount of codes for websites when its released and then "nothing more"

Masterpiece indeed. Have a nice day!.

• Like 1