Well that sucks....

Booted up a game from my backlog, DMC Definitive Edition for PS4. Had a handful of trophies from way back, Plat'd and 100% the PS3 version.

Anyway, only really had story trophies earned, so I deleted my save in game and started a new file.

I started the first mission and got to the first secret mission. Completed it and boom, trophy unlocks. I press the PS button to see what I got and...I got not one but two trophies... One for Max Health Gauge and the other Max Devil Trigger Gauge. I don't even have the Devil Trigger in the game yet! Not only that, but because I hit the PS button of course they sync immediately. Funny thing is the screen shot for the Devil Trigger Gauge trophy isn't even in game, it's literally popping on my trophy list loading...

I should have thought to record and upload a video of it to YouTube but it just caught me off guard.

So what should I do folks? I now have two trophies unlocked I should not have unlocked according to my progress. And that sucks. I only have two games I've ever hidden on this website despite the fact I am a little OCD with percentages.

Both those games were two PS3 games that had similar situations although didn't come up for several years until someone flagged both those games on me in the same week. I literally think someone just was mad at me and went through all my lists to try and find anything iffy, because the first one was Injustice years after I had completed it. I actually fought that flag and won with evidence of the trophy that glitched on me. The second game was Batman Arkham City and it happened like a day after I got the flag removal approved on the forums here, in that case I couldn't really remember what has caused the glitch or whatever so I said screw it and just put both those games to hidden.

So what should I do folks?

I would really hate to hide another game just because of a stupid glitch, but I assume it'll get flagged if someone sees it, because those two should not be unlocked at this point on my trophy list, as it's impossible unless like me it glitched. Not sure if a cheater could do it or not on the PS4 version, but I guess they could.

I'm on the latest firmware update and I always play online. 

Any advice or options I have? I just don't want to have to hide the damn game because I do plan on Plating it (I have every other Devil May Cry Platinum except DMC4 which I will be doing before they release the PS4 Triple Pack)

I dont understand what happend with your previouse progress? you said you deleted your ingame save , but that doesnt delete your already earned trophies. So you never synced your story trophies? have you deleted your profile befor syncing the previouse trophies?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xionx said:

I dont understand what happend with your previouse progress? you said you deleted your ingame save , but that doesnt delete your already earned trophies. So you never synced your story trophies? have you deleted your profile befor syncing the previouse trophies?

Of course not.

Like I said, this was a backlog game. 

The last Trophy I earned was on 11/25/2015

So it's been two years. That why I deleted my gamesave to start over, to refresh my memory. 

Then when I did the first secret mission, and picked up my reward, it popped the two trophies I mentioned, which in no way it should have normally.

2 minutes ago, ZombieLover84 said:

Of course not.

Like I said, this was a backlog game. 

The last Trophy I earned was on 11/25/2015

So it's been two years. That why I deleted my gamesave to start over, to refresh my memory. 

Then when I did the first secret mission, and picked up my reward, it popped the two trophies I mentioned, which in no way it should have normally.

So you never reached that point ? even years ago you never unlocked devil trigger? But still you suddenly get both trophies unlocked? on new file , and old file was never that far either? Just want to understand that.

• Like 1

I had a few trophies unlock late in Far Cry 4 back in the day, i did the requirements in game and nothing popped but as soon as i restarted my PS4 they both unlocked on my PS4 main menu screen but with different (the correct time done in game) time stamps when viewed on PSN or on PSNP...think i still have the screenshots for those as well and i did post about this on pst.org back when it happened in 2015.
The PS4 trophy system seems a lot more messed up than the PS3 ever was, worryingly so i seem to be reading posts about trophy popping problems on the PS4 a lot more often nowadays.

Here is a link to the thread i created back in 2015

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ps4-discussion/267032-trophy-notifaction-not-working.html

Here are the pictures to show the above.

martain2-albums-trophy-screenshots-pictu

martain2-albums-trophy-screenshots-pictu

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 1

Hide the game. Create a secondary account play the game exactly like you did when the glitched trophies popped if they glitch again record it and post here if they will not glitch maybe someone else on the web had a similar glitch try to google it. If you will not get any proof it will be flagged so keep it hidden. Profile with hidden games is better than a banned profile imo.

Edited by bezdomnekoty
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xionx said:

So you never reached that point ? even years ago you never unlocked devil trigger? But still you suddenly get both trophies unlocked? on new file , and old file was never that far either? Just want to understand that.

I bought the game and played a bit when it was released two years ago. It's been in my backlog ever since. I own a ton of games and sometimes do not complete some for a long time.

So the last trophy I learned was on 11/25/2015 at 7:25 am. Flash forward to today. I popped the disc in, installed it and patched it. Started the game. Still had my old save file on my HDD, as I never delete saves usually. So when prompted, it wanted me to load my old game in slot one. I didn't want that so I deleted it in game (not through the system, not sure if that might make a difference with this glitch).

Started a new game on hardest difficulty which was unlocked, also put it on the new Hardcore additional difficulty because there's a trophy for it. Collected the secret first key in the first mission, opened the first secret door in first mission, and completed it. Really easy secret mission. Reward hits the ground, and I walk up and pick up the health token. (Takes four to upgrade maximum health). Trophy pops, I hit the PS button, and I have the trophy for Maxing my Health AND Devil Trigger, despite I don't have Devil Trigger yet. Hell even on my old save, I was still around three trophies story wise from gaining the ability.

Looking at your profile, it looks like you are more concerned with leaderboard rankings than being a completionist, so I would just hide the game. You have over 700 games on your profile, and you already have hidden trophies, so hiding another one doesn't seem too big a deal. Yeah, it's tough luck. But with all the time you have put in to earn more than 250 plats, why risk your leaderboard ranking, which it seems you really care about? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Looking at your profile, it looks like you are more concerned with leaderboard rankings than being a completionist, so I would just hide the game. You have over 700 games on your profile, and you already have hidden trophies, so hiding another one doesn't seem too big a deal. Yeah, it's tough luck. But with all the time you have put in to earn more than 250 plats, why risk your leaderboard ranking, which it seems you really care about? 

Yea someone PM'D me with the same advice. It just really sucks it happened. Plus if it wasn't for cheaters in the first place, this wouldn't be a big deal. 

I kind of felt this was exactly what I was going to have to do when it happened. Makes me wish Sony allowed you to delete entire games from your list regardless if you earned trophies or not. Then I could simply delete it and start fresh.

• Like 1

I want to real quick thank everyone who took time to read and comment on this as well as a few who sent me private messages.

I haven't really been active on these forums. I've been using psntrophies for year's and I'm an old ass gamefaqs user (think I have over 5000 karma). But I appreciate the honesty and the non-judgemental responses.

• Like 1