Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Official! Releases on September 21st, 2018

Parker

All I can say is thank god this is being brought back... I also found it funny because I was literally talking about this with a friend this morning about how the only two platformers that haven't been brought to the PS4 were Spyro and Sly.

but also..

Spyo: check

Crash: check

Ratchet and Clank: check

Jak and Dexter (port): Check

WHERE IS SUCKER PUNCH/SONY WITH MY SLY COOPER

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

All I can say is thank god this is being brought back... I also found it funny because I was literally talking about this with a friend this morning about how the only two platformers that haven't been brought to the PS4 were Spyro and Sly.

but also..

Spyo: check

Crash: check

Ratchet and Clank: check

Jak and Dexter (port): Check

WHERE IS SUCKER PUNCH/SONY WITH MY SLY COOPER

I would love to see the Sly games on PS4 also

Back to the OP, I must be one of the few who has played video games for most of his life and I never played Crash or Spyro. I recently bought the Crash collection so I will be taking care of that.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've heard about said rumors and I do hope that it is true in the end.  Would love to be able to play the games again without them being limited to of course, PS1, PS3 and Vita, since the PS4 has no PS1 classics at all.  Sure, on the Vita is nice and all, but turning the camera in those games on the Vita, especially the first one, not the best.

I'm glad Vicarious Visions is in charge of this one as well. No microtransactions, no online interaction BS. Perfect.

I was always more of a Spyro kid than crash (still am today). I will definitely pick this up if this is the case as none of my PS2s work and I gave away my Spyro copies to my cousin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Waiting for Tombi!, Rayman 1 and CTR! :) But amazing stuff, and I'll definitely be getting this collection too.

1 minute ago, ACTWD said:

It's a good news. Please let's do Crash team racing for 2019 now. 

CTR would be another awesome addition to the ps4 remaster list!

• Like 1

This is excellent.  I always enjoyed the Spyro Games, and would love to play them again with updated graphics and controls.

That said, it makes me smile a little bit when the "source" is IGN, but right at the start of the article, they say "According to Kotaku UK".  Now I understand why, but it is just amusing is all.

38 minutes ago, Xxleonardo97xX said:

They're already HD on PS3 and PS VITA.

How do you explain Ratchet and Clank's remastering for the PS4 then? lol. They were coming out with a movie for it. Sly is supposed to be getting a movie as well.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

The Crash and Spyro games were what got me into gaming as a kid, so having them both rebuilt for PS4 would be awesome. I wanna binge them all in a short period of time for a major nostalgia trip. :lol: It's unlikely to happen, but it would be nice if they made the Spyro games 60fps, or at least give us an option for it since that was my biggest problem with the Crash remakes. I mean they were pretty, but they didn't play any better...

• Like 1