Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Official! Releases on September 21st, 2018

Parker

1 hour ago, DuckSwimmer said:

How do you explain Ratchet and Clank's remastering for the PS4 then? lol. They were coming out with a movie for it. Sly is supposed to be getting a movie as well.

You're kidding right? Lol that wasn't a remaster it was a complete remake and was not a carbon copy of the original game they changed many things in it including the story.

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 3

I just realized something, with the Spyro collection coming this year then, will the Crash trilogy get a demo for the first Spyro game? Much like how the original Crash game (can't recall which) had it included in the game?

Granted, I doubt they would do that, but it would be pretty neat if that were to happen.  Or if they included a Crash demo as part of the first Spyro game, especially for those that have yet to play the Crash games on the PS4, could be an extra way for them to boost sales a little more.

One can only hope after all xD

These Collections are great and all, but I'm really pissed that Sony isn't willing to pay money to KEEP PLAYSTATIONS DEFINING EXCLUSIVES as Exclusives Trilogys on PS4... This annoys me more with Crash Trilogy as in that case the Sony OWNED Naughty Dog games will/could be going to competitor platforms and that is absolutely ridiculous imo

• Like 2

Hoping for 3 more platinum trophies then I can make either Spyro the Dragon or Year of the Dragon my final platinum whenever I get to that point anyway I guess unless the Legend of Spyro trilogy gets remastered for Playstation 4 or 5 then The Eternal Night will be last.
Either way a day 1 purchase.
Was going to say was hoping they were going to do something for the 20th anniversary I just hope it sells well enough so they consider on putting more Spyro games on the PS4.
I kind of highly doubt this would happen but kind of would want Cynder to be playable even though she wasn't in the original games.

8 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm glad Vicarious Visions is in charge of this one as well. No microtransactions, no online interaction BS. Perfect.

Yeah all good.. but hey, lets change the jump mechanism for crash 1and 2... just wait for the same treatment for spyro.. :(

I personally refuse to play the N. Sane any more, because i hate when remakes/remasters try to change something core to the originals.

:(

6 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You're kidding right? Lol that wasn't a remaster it was a complete remake and was not a carbon copy of the original game they changed many things in it including the story.

Forgive me since I haven't bothered to play the original back in the day, but like I said in my first post.. You can at least play those "titled" games on the PS4. I'm just a dedicated/huge fan of the series that is seeing all of these big title platformers coming on the next-gen console and the one that gets neglected is Sly lol.. why is it fair to bring all of these back and not drag the whole line of classics with it..but obviously they're all made by different developers. That's the only reason I stress my opinion.

But I'm not giving Spyro any shit for them getting another game because the last good games were on the PS1 - the ones being remastered. So huzzah for that. Hopefully this'll be true and I hope to god they don't make Spyro look like his "skylander" form.

49 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Hopefully this'll be true and I hope to god they don't make Spyro look like his "skylander" form.

I doubt it, I just imagine that they would update his original model, like they did for the Crash games for the PS4.

I do hope that in the first one, that they'll at least give you the option to use the right analogue stick to rotate the camera around instead of just the R2 and L2 buttons.

26 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I doubt it, I just imagine that they would update his original model, like they did for the Crash games for the PS4.

I do hope that in the first one, that they'll at least give you the option to use the right analogue stick to rotate the camera around instead of just the R2 and L2 buttons.

I would assume that they changed the camera controls to the right stick, or at least give you the option to change it. 

Nostalgia is cool up to a certain degree.

1 hour ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Forgive me since I haven't bothered to play the original back in the day, but like I said in my first post.. You can at least play those "titled" games on the PS4. I'm just a dedicated/huge fan of the series that is seeing all of these big title platformers coming on the next-gen console and the one that gets neglected is Sly lol.. why is it fair to bring all of these back and not drag the whole line of classics with it..but obviously they're all made by different developers. That's the only reason I stress my opinion.

But I'm not giving Spyro any shit for them getting another game because the last good games were on the PS1 - the ones being remastered. So huzzah for that. Hopefully this'll be true and I hope to god they don't make Spyro look like his "skylander" form.

You can play all 6 Sly games on PS4 too since they're all on PSNow.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Only Sly Cooper left!

As for the original trilogy, I only finished 100% the first game. Loved everytime when I charged against a Dragon Statue. I also played the second and the third game (loved the third, since you could do stuff like skaeboarding, diving etc etc..) but I ended up never finishing them.

Also played some of the PS2 games.

A nice time for classic remasters!!! :D

Great news if true (and, judging by the overwhelmingly vocal response and demand for Spyro getting the Crash treatment across their social media since launch, I don't see why it wouldn't be given how successful the N Sane Trilogy was).

On an semi-related note, I was kind of curious about this for the fact that when the Crash remaster hit, I bought the Crash statue that launched around that time, and in it was an ad hinting at merchandising for future statues, of which one was clearly Spyro. Since then, the (awesome) Spyro statue has been revealed for a Q1 2018 release, but I don't know how much that simply just ties to the anniversary of Spyro the Dragon, or it was some sort of clue as to anything else under the Spyro brand that may be coming out (and I remember people speculating about it at the time that they might be cross promoting it with a potentially new game or remake of the originals). Seems like with this new craze for platformers, be it Hat in Time, Yooka Laylee, Ratchet and Clank or even Activision's own successes with Crash that now would be a prime opportunity for a company like Activision that loves money just as much as anyone else would love to cash in on the demand. Either way, day one for me if it becomes real life.

Edited by iamjax