Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Official! Releases on September 21st, 2018

Parker

Brilliant to see it's finally confirmed and appears like it might be using a soundtrack based on the original... big worry I have for this is that they aren't able to replicate Copeland's soundtrack for whatever reason, but if the soundtrack a mirror then this will be brilliant. More hyped for this than any new release!

Playing the first one again and honestly it doesn't hold up very well at all. But the other two had various mini-objectives throughout the levels to get more Orbs/ Dragon Eggs which I loved. Getting those Skill Points in Spyro 2 for the true ending was a cool bit of endgame content as well!

Regardless, I am very glad this is happening though it comes as no surprise!

Edited by MeteorHawk

Like many others, I have fond memories of these games when I played them as a child, much like I did with Crash. I don't think I could pick favourites; I loved them both equally. :giggle: Needless to say, I'm really excited to relive these games on current gen hardware. I'll be interested to see what they do with the trophy list(s).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragonzombie1 said:

Hope it gets a separate platinum trophy list for each game. I'm preordering it

It most likely will, just like the N.Sane Trilogy.

27 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Like many others, I have fond memories of these games when I played them as a child, much like I did with Crash. I don't think I could pick favourites; I loved them both equally. :giggle: Needless to say, I'm really excited to relive these games on current gen hardware. I'll be interested to see what they do with the trophy list(s).

"Have trouble with the trolley 10 times in a row" ~hidden trophy

Edited by Dr_Shaneman

On 2/13/2018 at 2:17 PM, Parker said:

Toys for Bob has long admired the original Spyro trilogy. Long before Skylanders, way back in 1998, the very first Spyro the Dragon was an inspiration to us. The level design, the controls, the art style, the humor, the music, the sense of discovery – it was groundbreaking in so many ways. There’s no getting around the fact that the feisty purple dragon is one of the most important and influential heroes in 3D platformer history. Now twenty years on, we are deeply honored to have the responsibility of remastering Insomniac’s historic trilogy, and our most powerful motivator is knowing how important Spyro is to millions of passionate fans across the globe.

I... I think I'm gonna cry! ? As one of those passionate fans, I've completed the first two games (the skateboarding mini-game in Year of the Dragon at the secret bonus level was the thing that kept me from completing that game) and love the original trilogy. I am glad it's getting a facelift for 2018 and I promise I'll buy the Reignited Trilogy and platinum every one of those games! ?

Edited by CJ_Mystery

I just wonder what could possibly be next for Activision. They’ll want to milk this nostalgia train for all it’s worth, like they do with each of their franchises. Toys For Bob have obviously been working on this for a while, and Vicarious Visions for a while on Crash before it, so it would be kind of crazy for them to put these out back to back and not have something in line for next year (either with VV again or maybe Beenox). Problem I can see is that they don’t really have anything else to do like this. CTR would be fun, sure, but it isn’t nearly as enticing as a full trilogy of remakes. Then they’ll have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and go with the post Naughty Dog and Insomniac entries, and just ... ew.

Excited for Spyro. Will be my first Activision purchase in a very, very long time. It’s the game that first helped this Nintendo fan appreciate PlayStation, and I’ll be glad for a revisit.

Edited by Zondares

4 hours ago, Zondares said:

I just wonder what could possibly be next for Activision. They’ll want to milk this nostalgia train for all it’s worth, like they do with each of their franchises. Toys For Bob have obviously been working on this for a while, and Vicarious Visions for a while on Crash before it, so it would be kind of crazy for them to put these out back to back and not have something in line for next year (either with VV again or maybe Beenox). Problem I can see is that they don’t really have anything else to do like this. CTR would be fun, sure, but it isn’t nearly as enticing as a full trilogy of remakes. Then they’ll have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and go with the post Naughty Dog and Insomniac entries, and just ... ew.

Excited for Spyro. Will be my first Activision purchase in a very, very long time. It’s the game that first helped this Nintendo fan appreciate PlayStation, and I’ll be glad for a revisit.

Maybe Gex or Croc?

Both where big while I was young, but seemed to have faded into obscurity.

11 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

September's gonna be big for great games! Spyro, Spider-Man, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider!? My wallet can't handle it....

And Dragon Quest XI in September. Oh boy, poor Wallet... 

9 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Anybody know what the Spyro the Dragon Theme and Avatar look like on the preorder bonus?

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Ugh, Toys for Bob is mediocre. I wish Vicarious Visions was doing it. They are a far more competent developer, even if Crash remakes had some wonky issues.

Hopefully though this means VV is making Crash Team Racing.

I initially thought this too but after seeing the trailer, I'm not as sceptic now.

Developer interview too.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

I initially thought this too but after seeing the trailer, I'm not as sceptic now.

Developer interview too.

*snip*

I'm not really concerned it'll be 'bad', just think VV are better developers. TfB is solid enough to handle this. Them having passionate fans helps too.

Edited by Elvick_

16 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

If there isn't a trophy in the first game for releasing all the dragons called "Thank you for releasing me"... I will be disappointed :P

Seriously though, I love releasing dragons and just hearing them go "Thank you for releasing me", such a useless tip xD

I also hope for a Trophy/Achievement titled - "Na na na na hehe" for catching all the egg thieves :D