What Spiderman Game is Best on PS3?

Spiersaz

I'm a spiderman fan. I used to love playing spiderman on PS1. Spiderman 2 Enter the Electro was also pretty sweet. But now I can't really find any excellent spidey games on the PS3. And it will be hard to find Spiderman 2 on PS2.

What do you think Spiderpig?

I received Spiderman 2 on GCN and DS as gifts, ended up selling them cause DS was horrible, and GCN was...well, good, but I had no experience with open world games at the time.  I've been considering starting to get back into Spiderman games since I really enjoyed the movie trilogy, although I haven't seen the new reboot.  Shattered Dimensions looks...okay, but I mainly have my eye on Amazing Spiderman, but I'm kinda concerned that I'd have to see the movie to understand it, after I read it's basically a sequel to the movie.  Can anyone confirm or deny that any knowledge of the movie is required, or would you be fine if you have just the basic Spiderman knowledge (like seen the trilogy, but not the reboot) I'll probably see the reboot on Netflix eventually, but I'm not crazy about sitting through multi-hour long movies when I can be gaming or doing work online.  I also hate theaters, so that's out.

I'm a Spidey fan myself, I really enjoyed Shattered Dimensions, I thought being able to play as the different types of Spider-Man was great.

I also played Edge of Time which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. It was just ok, although certainly not as terrible as some reviews make out, and if you're a fan anyway you'd probably enjoy it.

I've still to play Amazing Spider-Man but it's near the bottom of the many games i want to get list at the moment.

If you were just to pick one, Shattered Dimension gets my vote :highfive:

I have been through all three mentioned above (Edge of Time, Shattered Dimensions, and Amazing Spider-Man). All were good in their own ways however, Amazing Spider-Man stands out as being my favorite of the bunch. It's the only one of the three that offers open world exploration and fun web-slinging the way it should be. EoT and SD are fun but, you are restricted to a pretty linear story and mostly indoors. If you want to experience Spidey (the way I think he should be), you'll want to go with Amazing Spider-Man.

• Like 1

I'm a Spidey fan myself, I really enjoyed Shattered Dimensions, I thought being able to play as the different types of Spider-Man was great.

I also played Edge of Time which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. It was just ok, although certainly not as terrible as some reviews make out, and if you're a fan anyway you'd probably enjoy it.

I've still to play Amazing Spider-Man but it's near the bottom of the many games i want to get list at the moment.

If you were just to pick one, Shattered Dimension gets my vote :highfive:

Nice. But I wonder one thing, Shattered Dimensions is a sequel to Edge of Time right? If it is do I have to play Edge of Time first to understand the story?

Nice. But I wonder one thing, Shattered Dimensions is a sequel to Edge of Time right? If it is do I have to play Edge of Time first to understand the story?

No i don't think it's a sequel, Shattered Dimensions came out first, and then Edge of Time came out the year after that. But either way you don't have to play one to understand the other. You'll be fine with whatever one you pick up, but i strongly suggest Shattered Dimensions over Edge of Time :awesome:

• Like 1

Well on the Ps3. Go with Shattered Dementions. Edge of time isnt too bad but not great so far. I havent played Amazing yet so I cant give my opuinion about it. the other spiderman 3 and Web of shadows are a huge meh... I wouldnt even bother with them.

• 2 weeks later...