Suggestion: same forum thread for all versions of a game

Soufwar

Hi, today i will suggest a feature thats more about quality of life than a fully fledged 100% useful feature, i don't know about you but it irritates me the hell out having to open multiple forum threads for the same game to cover all its versions. Hear me out, i am not saying we should have the same forum thread for GTA V PS3 and PS4 version, because although its simply a port, the games are still WAY different, the issues people who play it on PS3 are different than those who play on PS4, and thats why it makes sense to have 2 different forum threads for those totally different versions...What i am saying is that Sound Shapes on PS4 doesn't have to have 4 different forum threads, literally. look at this:

Japanese version https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/2320-sound-shapes/

North American version: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/2172-sound-shapes/

Australian version: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/2263-sound-shapes/

European version: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/2204-sound-shapes/

And the best part is that some of the threads are totally the same. Having different threads for the Vita and the PS3 versions is understandable but having different different ones for the PS4 is not. 

Now before you go all Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus has different threads because the German version is censored, well thats true and thats one of the exceptions to the rule, maybe 1% of the games tracked on this website don't need to have different forum threads for the same version of the game in multiple regions on the same platform, catch my drift? 

Let me know what you think and please either give me more reasons why this would be a good idea or a terrible one :) thanks for reading! 

Note: i just thought about this, but i know that some people will say we have those threads to ask the community about the region of the game (you know all those forum posts saying "what region is this?") and to that i say, the team is keeping track of that now so you don't need to ask that question anymore, almost all games have been covered so far so i honestly don't see any reason to keep different forum threads for the same game on the same platform with different regions unless the version is an except like Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus German. 

• Like 1

I've often thought about this too since we've added region tagging. Some days I think it would be really nice to just clean it all up this way and lump all versions of the same list to one forum (Including all console versions), and then some days I see posts that somewhat work well with the separate forum layouts (Though like you said, it used to mainly be "What region is this?" when that's covered now). Soooo... I dunno! Haha :dunno: From what I see on the backend, Sly could likely make it possible to assign lists with forum sections pretty easily

Yet another issue of having to deal with Sony's complete lack of organization with these repeat lists and us having to go behind them and sweep it all up the best way possible :facepalm: 

7 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I've often thought about this too since we've added region tagging. Some days I think it would be really nice to just clean it all up this way and lump all versions of the same list to one forum (Including all console versions), and then some days I see posts that somewhat work well with the separate forum layouts (Though like you said, it used to mainly be "What region is this?" when that's covered now). Soooo... I dunno! Haha :dunno: From what I see on the backend, Sly could likely make it possible to assign lists with forum sections pretty easily

Yet another issue of having to deal with Sony's complete lack of organization with these repeat lists and us having to go behind them and sweep it all up the best way possible :facepalm: 

I see, but my point still stands! if different versions make sense to have different forum threads than thats cool and i'll make the example of Wolfenstein 2 again. And different platforms having different threads is cool as well, but same platform games with no difference is tbh just a waste of server space.