Telltale's The Walking Dead coming to Vita

Undrey

Today, IGN can confirm that season one of Telltale’s The Walking Dead will be coming to PlayStation Vita this year.

In an interview with PlayStation’s Director of Product Planning and Platform Software Innovation Don Mesa, it was revealed that Telltale’s critical and commercial smash-hit adventure series would migrate to Sony’s new handheld.

“Having [a studio] like Telltale, a very successful indie developer, coming in to support us sends a strong message,” Mesa told IGN in an extensive interview about all things PlayStation Vita.

In talking about how the Vita could offer unique experiences, Mesa continued speaking about the Vita iteration of the game. "Again, a good example is with The Walking Dead. We think that the emotion and the immersive experiences you're going to get there, wherever you're sitting, if you're in your living room and playing on your Vita or sitting at a café or at the bus stop and playing this, you get that shock or fright. I think that's going to be important. That's what we want to deliver as you're playing."

The release window for The Walking Dead season one on PlayStation Vita has yet to be determined. It’s also unclear if it will be released episodically – as it was on PS3 – or all at once. However, you can rest assured that it’s coming.

http://go.ign.com/ZY0Cmz

Vita is getting more ports and the ports are of better games!

Better late than never, for you naysayers.

• Like 2

Season two of The Walking Dead is coming this year, right? Maybe Telltale will release both of them at the same time for the Vita, hopefully with a discount if you purchase both. It would be really nice to get the game on a Vita card but I highly doubt that will happen.

Parker

• 3 weeks later...

Great to hear the Vita getting another game. I'm not buying it though, the PS3 version was painfully boring

How far did you get, if you don't mind me asking? The game did start a little slow but it definitely picks up in the later chapters. Of course, I think part of the reason I like the game so much is because it is a much slower pace than most games that have been getting released and it was refreshing to me.

Parker

How far did you get, if you don't mind me asking? The game did start a little slow but it definitely picks up in the later chapters. Of course, I think part of the reason I like the game so much is because it is a much slower pace than most games that have been getting released and it was refreshing to me.

I finished all the episodes...but yeah like you said it does pick up a little towards the end but just not enough to make it exciting. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

I finished all the episodes...but yeah like you said it does pick up a little towards the end but just not enough to make it exciting. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

I must admit it's more story telling than a game as such - but I found it to be great :)

• 3 months later...