Thoughts?

ShadowStar83x

7 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Not a game I need to play, but the easy plat puts it on my radar. 

But, since EA published it, I won't be paying more than a couple bucks. 

Just so you know these "EA Originals" actually turn over the profit to the developer after development/publishing/advertising costs are hit. "Supposedly" or as I like to think, "Hopefully". https://www.ea.com/en-gb/news/announcing-ea-originals

On 2/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, FlareZero said:

This, it is SEGA fault that Sonic Mania doesen't have a platinum trophy.

Did Sonic Mania really need a platinum though? It was clearly a smaller title compared to Sonic Forces, their actual new mainline entry. There's nothing wrong with releasing a smaller bite-sized game to appeal to old-school fans, but the trophy list should reflect the bite-sized nature, which Mania's list did.

21 hours ago, xB_SQRTSx said:

Just so you know these "EA Originals" actually turn over the profit to the developer after development/publishing/advertising costs are hit. "Supposedly" or as I like to think, "Hopefully". https://www.ea.com/en-gb/news/announcing-ea-originals

I can't imagine EA will just want to break even. They're definitely getting some money from these games. 

Either way, I don't care. I don't want any indies to even do business with EA. They're the antithesis of Indy development. I don't want to support a company like EA and I don't want indy devs to, either. 

14 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I can't imagine EA will just want to break even. They're definitely getting some money from these games. 

Either way, I don't care. I don't want any indies to even do business with EA. They're the antithesis of Indy development. I don't want to support a company like EA and I don't want indy devs to, either. 

I'm with you. EA already betrayed their indie developers back in the late 2000s; their model was so flawed that many investors said it was a fool's errand to buy into EA. I think the seeds for their current "evil empire" were sown then.

EA is good at what EA does, which is releasing yearly installments of AAA games with very little change, and then milking the fans of those franchises. I care little for games like Madden, or FIFA, etc., but lots of people do, and EA is great for those people. But indies? Those are my kind of games, and I see very little that benefits me personally in this, and I'm unconvinced that, in any long term setting, the developers will see much profit.

Maybe it's a decent idea for studios to publish one-offs with EA, while putting into their contract that they are still their own entity. Certainly, EA should provide a modicum of QC that has been absent in general indie development (I doubt that EA would publish something like Dragon Fin Soup, e.g.) However,  I don't know if that model flies anymore. After all, that was the development model for years, prior to the Kickstarter "revolution". Large companies, however, seem to have gone back to the old "control everything" model of Nintendo back in the 80s, and I can't see how indie developers benefit from this in the long term.

/rant

18 hours ago, Witcher70 said:

It isn’t actually, devs and publishers can apply for platinums, but the final decision is ultimately Sony’s. 

I doubt Sony would deny any dev a Platinum trophy after My Name is Mayo, Mr. Massagy and even 36 Fragments of Midnight. Why any dev would choose not to have a Platinum trophy is beyond me since it would almost certainly earn them at least a few sales they might not have had otherwise.

Edited by Killbomb

On 15/2/2018 at 10:37 PM, madbuk said:

Did Sonic Mania really need a platinum though? It was clearly a smaller title compared to Sonic Forces, their actual new mainline entry. There's nothing wrong with releasing a smaller bite-sized game to appeal to old-school fans, but the trophy list should reflect the bite-sized nature, which Mania's list did.

In my opinion it doesn't need a Platinum, it's a very great game, maybe one of the best Sonic I ever player in the last 10 years, but with a Platinum (maybe easy) a lot of people will buy the game just for that.

i have this problem in the game when i exit the game and re open it it gives me black screen and the music and stay like this for long time , but when i delete the game save it runs fast and the moment the game save it happen again what is wrong ? any one have the same bug ? plz any idea ? ??

• 2 months later...
On 16/02/2018 at 3:25 PM, Killbomb said:

I doubt Sony would deny any dev a Platinum trophy after My Name is Mayo, Mr. Massagy and even 36 Fragments of Midnight. Why any dev would choose not to have a Platinum trophy is beyond me since it would almost certainly earn them at least a few sales they might not have had otherwise.

As I have said,  the decision is ultimately Sony’s. Every dev and every publisher wants a platinum. They can can apply for one, but sony is the one who has the final say. 

Trophy wise it's very easy and shouldn't take more than a few evenings.

That being said, I found the game somewhat boring for 80% of the time. Dunno if that's true for anyone else but it was really hard to follow the story through helmets' cutscenes and hidden images on stones ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was rather bored at the beginning, but I have to say putting on headphones tremendously improved the experience. The music and sound mix are very well adapted to the game, and manage to create a pretty convincing atmosphere. That last scene...

I didn’t think the story was too confusing, though somehow unimportant.

Not for everyone, sure, but if you enjoyed Journey, Abzu, Aer, or Rime, chances are you’ll love this as well.

Edited by visighost

So finally finished this game today, and I must say it was one of the least enjoyable gaming experiences I have had in a very long time. It's not that the game is bad per se, it is just devoid of fun. Especially when going for the platinum. If you just wanted a 3-4 hour experience for the 'story', then it is ok. But the collectibles are a nightmare. The camera is frustrating, controls clunky, and the upgrade to show the crystals doesn't come until you have already collected 2/3 of them.

I realize there is a map, but some of the locations are poorly noted, and the descriptions are woefully inadequate. Add to this that the counter is ridiculously glitchy so half the time it is incorrect and you waste hours rechecking sections that are actually complete.

And backtracking/navigating the map is an absolutely miserable experience.

The graphics aren't bad and the sounds are minimalistic but good, otherwise I really have little positive to say about this game.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It’s a shame hearing how so many people disliked this game. I finished it yesterday and absolutely loved it!

It’s not perfect by any means, and it’s true that the platinum is a bit of a collectathon. Getting all 75 crystals can be a little frustrating due to how well hidden some of them are, and how confusing it can be trying to navigate the map and backtrack to previous areas.

But overall, I found Fe to be an incredibly beautiful and relaxing experience. I have to say, playing this game with headphones is an absolute must. I never usually play games with headphones, but used them from the start thanks to @visighost’s comment above. And boy, what a huge difference it makes! The sound design in this game is very good and really brings the forest and all it’s creatures to life in a big way. Not to mention the music is sublime and really enhances the experience.

I’m a big fan of these kinds of artsy, relaxing games like Journey, RiME, Aer, Sea of Solitude etc, and Fe totally nails the same feeling and aesthetic. A bit of an underrated gem of this genre, in my opinion. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Currently having a horrible experience with this game, camera and controls are bad, the graphics makes everything hard to see (at least for me) and its so buggy.

Im stuck in the swamp where I have to sing to an antler worm to take me out but Im unable to do it.