The Worst Dynasty Warriors Game Ever Made

You

Quite literally.

A quote from Jim Sterling (not me)

"Dynasty Warriors 9 can burn in fucking hell where it fucking belongs!"

All I can say this, looking forward to Dynasty Warriors 10, can't be any worse than this absolute tradegy of a game.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

Its not my favorit , but it is pretty fun. You have to give it a while , at start it feels not so good but it gets better. It has flaws but i would not say worst DW ever.

Oh and i dont watch jim sterling. I will never understand why so many praise his "reviews".

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, T-100 said:

I saw yesterday on steam only worse reviews. I think it was all about the performance. How does it works on ps4?

hm performance is pretty bad , i mean some people say its "unplayable" which is not true , but framerate can go down to 20 fps sometimes , some enemys /objects  dont load in fast enough.

It is in my opinion playable, but a little bit sad for a ps4 game. (base ps4 btw)

I’m enjoying it quite a bit yes it’s not the greatest dynasty warriors but it still pretty damn good yes there is a lot of things that need improvement but if you know anything about dynasty the first one in each series is usually the weakest they usually fix all the issues by the dynasty warriors empires releases 

2 minutes ago, Xionx said:

hm performance is pretty bad , i mean some people say its "unplayable" which is not true , but framerate can go down to 20 fps sometimes , some enemys /objects  dont load in fast enough.

It is in my opinion playable, but a little bit sad for a ps4 game. (base ps4 btw)

I haven’t had any issues with  framerate but I have had the objects not loading it will get fixed pretty quick and fuck Jim sterling he doesn’t give a lot of games a fair try 

Edited by spykeralbersfan1
Typo
  • Like 1

About framerate, Jim has some footage on his PS4 Pro where the frame rate drops to about 5-10 frames a second. It's the last 10 seconds of the video.

> Oh and i dont watch jim sterling. I will never understand why so many praise his "reviews".

It's a fair point and I agree with you. Except his critique on Dynasty Warriors 9 is very indepth. He details flaws, bugs and problems with the game and they actually show on screen. So it's impossible to deny that there are no problems with the game, unless you want to deny reality.

For fans of Dynasty Warriors 9, I want to know why you don't seem to complain about half the characters losing their unique weapons, in place for just another spear or ball and chain.

Samurai Warriors 4 is probably the best on PS4, constant 60fps and even has split screen. Open world is a good idea, but replacing that open world with just areas of nothing, and then allowing you to teleport to the next battle. Which is it?

If you have open world and then you can just teleport, why even have such big spaces in the first place? It's like they implemented a solution to a problem they just added. Same with being able to jump over walls. Why even have walls and doors if you can just jump over them? If you can just run straight the boss on any chapter, why even have quests or other enemies in the way at all? etc

Conflicting game designs have made the game a weird hybrid of many things that don't work together. And why is it that when you shoot at tigers they vanish sometimesm, and don't even try to run away or attack you when you hit them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

About framerate, Jim has some footage on his PS4 Pro where the frame rate drops to about 5-10 frames a second. It's the last 10 seconds of the video.

> Oh and i dont watch jim sterling. I will never understand why so many praise his "reviews".

It's a fair point and I agree with you. Except his critique on Dynasty Warriors 9 is very indepth. He details flaws, bugs and problems with the game and they actually show on screen. So it's impossible to deny that there are no problems with the game, unless you want to deny reality.

For fans of Dynasty Warriors 9, I want to know why you don't seem to complain about half the characters losing their unique weapons, in place for just another spear or ball and chain.

Samurai Warriors 4 is probably the best on PS4, constant 60fps and even has split screen. Open world is a good idea, but replacing that open world with just areas of nothing, and then allowing you to teleport to the next battle. Which is it?

If you have open world and then you can just teleport, why even have such big spaces in the first place? It's like they implemented a solution to a problem they just added. Same with being able to jump over walls. Why even have walls and doors if you can just jump over them? If you can just run straight the boss on any chapter, why even have quests or other enemies in the way at all? etc

Conflicting game designs have made the game a weird hybrid of many things that don't work together. And why is it that when you shoot at tigers they vanish sometimesm, and don't even try to run away or attack you when you hit them.

There are issues no denying it but him to call it the worst dynasty warriors is far from the truth yes they need to polish somethings but it is a good enjoyable game and I don’t see any issues with the framerate at least I haven’t had any issues with it and I already have 7 hours in the game and hi enaysoft long time no see 

Hey spykeralbersfan1, I've seen you online a few times recently. I thought you'd thrown away that account for your new one. Had a change of heart? :)

I had a go at Dynasty Warriors 9 in the shop across the road from here but there's now way I'm getting it until the price is practically non existent. I still have Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, Empires and Samurai Warriors 4 II and 4 Empires bought on sale and literally waiting to be played. So potentially I've got years worth of Warriors play time left. Hopefully in that time, Dynasty Warrior 9 can be patched into a good game, or a new Warriors spinoff that isn't as terrible as this game/

There are a lot of open world games that have fast travel but it’s not to every single location in the game and you don’t normally unlock it til later in the the game not the very beginning which I agree is very stupid that I can teleport to the mission point and if the mission point is an enemy location it automatically captures the point which is idiotic so hopefully they patch that soon 

Well the just added another patch let see what it fixed 

21 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I know he's obviously cherry-picking, but you're not kidding. That game looks pretty damn boring.

This is a real downer. I was really looking forward to this game. 

yeah, jim can exaggerate with the best of them and I've disagreed with him in the past but this just looks really sad. Like it's trying to check all the marks of AAA games to grab everyone it can. Nothing wrong with being your own deal, not everything's gotta be open world (and this is coming from someone who absolutely loves open world games)

1 minute ago, Burgins said:

yeah, jim can exaggerate with the best of them and I've disagreed with him in the past but this just looks really sad. Like it's trying to check all the marks of AAA games to grab everyone it can. Nothing wrong with being your own deal, not everything's gotta be open world (and this is coming from someone who absolutely loves open world games)

I mentioned it in another thread, but it's remarkable how much they screwed up this open world thing. Like I said in another thread, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 had a mostly open world (the world had zones, but you could travel from one point to another continuously), but it was fun going through that world, with its myriad treasure chests, secrets, and of course monsters (small and large).

I don't see any in the video, but I was wondering - did they not at least include bandit hideouts with chieftains and stuff in the open world? That seems like a no-brainer (particularly for a civil-war-torn China from 184-280 AD). That would have at least put some stuff in place here. The animal zones are stupid (at least in a game like Dark Souls, where enemies have their patrol zones, you have limited resources for ranged attacks).

But man - some of the reviews are crazy all over the place. I was reading Digitally Downloaded, and they gave the game a 100(!). Even with my limited exposure at the moment, I can't imagine how that game got a 100. 

I just don't get it, though. Koei-Tecmo had carved out the perfect niche with these musou titles. Make small changes to the formula, add some other influences (like DQ or Berserk, etc.), and make money. Maybe it's not as bad as it looks, but I'm certainly not taking a $60 flier on this game to test it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

But man - some of the reviews are crazy all over the place. I was reading Digitally Downloaded, and they gave the game a 100(!). Even with my limited exposure at the moment, I can't imagine how that game got a 100. 

Tried to comment in that website in a friendly manner but got my comment hijacked, altered and then deleted by the author/owner of that website lol.  It seems he wants his comments section to only be an echo chamber for his opinions, not to mention his meltdown on Twitter, my God! XD.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

Tried to comment in that website in a friendly manner but got my comment hijacked, altered and then deleted by the author/owner of that website lol.  It seems he wants his comments section to be an echo chamber for his opinions only, not to mention his meltdown on Twitter, my God! XD.

To be honest, I think that guy just scored this to get a bunch of traffic there. His review, while long, is pretty vague on the game itself, instead talking about about his experience and whatnot. 

I don't like to think the worst of people, but looking at some of his other reviews, I can't help but think he's trying to be polar to attract attention. I think I'm going to start ignoring that site.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

To be honest, I think that guy just scored this to get a bunch of traffic there. His review, while long, is pretty vague on the game itself, instead talking about about his experience and whatnot. 

I don't like to think the worst of people, but looking at some of his other reviews, I can't help but think he's trying to be polar to attract attention. I think I'm going to start ignoring that site.

Agreed.

Some of his "questionable" scores for games:
No Man's Sky 5/5 (He replied to each comment using an anime pic, so childish)
Doom (2016) 2.5/5
Horizon Zero Dawn 3.5/5
Lost Sphear 5/5
Almost every Warriors style game gets either 4.5 or 5/5
Almost every Neptunia game gets either 4.5 or 5/5 (I don't think Neptunia games are bad but, come on!)
It seems he's pretty biased in favor of Japanese games.

And, yeah, I understand everyone has his/her own opinion regarding games but resorting to hijacking, altering, then deleting comments that dare to challenge your opinion is borderline ridiculous.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1