Rumor? MVCI will get shut down October 2018.

Vergil

Well, Capcom have literally kept the online up for all of their games except Age of Booty and they restored the online for pretty much every game that was going down with Gamespy. I do believe this is a hoax because I don't believe Capcom to be shutting down any games since they've had a good track record in the past. Maybe if they were like Sony who shuts some of their biggest games then I'd believe this, but since that's not the case I don't believe it. Why would they be announcing shutting MVCI when even MVC2 is up while being delisted? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Well, Capcom have literally kept the online up for all of their games except Age of Booty and they restored the online for pretty much every game that was going down with Gamespy. I do believe this is a hoax because I don't believe Capcom to be shutting down any games since they've had a good track record in the past. Maybe if they were like Sony who shuts some of their biggest games then I'd believe this, but since that's not the case I don't believe it. Why would they be announcing shutting MVCI when even MVC2 is up while being delisted? 

I agree. Capcom is  not known for shutting down games early. However i think this is more on the Marvel side of story. It could very well get delisted. Hope for some announcement soon. And a big price drop :D

MvCI recently got cut from Evo, so maybe people are throwing gasoline on the fire. Or maybe it's true . . .

Additionally it seems the average amount of gamers playing this game on Steam has dropped to 33 (Thirty three, NOT a typo) in February 2018. See attached:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/feb/11/how-many-players-are-playing-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-steam/

Edited by Bullstomp

On 2/15/2018 at 5:26 AM, POEman553 said:

MVCI will be $20 in next week's Target ad and for the 4 day sale at Best Buy this weekend, so I imagine that's going to be the standard price going forward. It's already $30 right now. 

Damn.... maybe I'll finally pick it up. Its worth 20 bucks and nothing more. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 0:42 PM, lordzeze said:

After reading the article it looks like it will be removed from the digital stores in October but the servers will still continue. 

Marvel has absolutely zero control over Capcom's servers. Even if the contract were to expire, it would simply end digital sales of the game. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I highly doubt that the game is shutting down. Street Fighter X Tekken is still up, and that was a pretty big failure. Along with every other game they've made. I'm not sure there's even servers TO shut down. It's likely a P2P system.

I don't remember many fighting games losing online multiplayer. Probably only Tekken Revolution and Soulcalibur: Lost Swords but those don't count as they were F2P.

Also Mortal Kombat 9 for Vita and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, but blame GameSpy for that.

Edited by Lance_87