Good Games for Couples?

SamS7398

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone knew any good/fun games for the PS3/PS4 (mainly PS4 but open for suggestions) for couples? My girlfriend doesn't play video games (but she does play the sims on the PC and loves it), anyway she wanted us to find and play a new game together because it's been about 2 years since we've played something together. We really loved playing Rayman Origins and Legends and was wondering does anyone know any good games like that or have any other suggestions? I might have to try LittleBigPlanet 3 again with her, but i'm sure she wasn't fussed on it. I think Overcooked might be a good one to try but wanted to get some opinions first from you guys.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you and your girlfriend would enjoy it, but I use to play Magicka and later Magicka 2 together with my boyfriend. It is a funny game but it can be difficult. Also, it is a hard plat, so I would recommend playing it on an alt account if you care about completion. Only the second game came out on console but I don't think it is necessary to know the previous game.

Overcooked may cause arguments...just a warning.  It gets stressful after a bit, but it's really fun to play together at first.  Long as you don't go for 100% completion and make her do nasty levels repeatedly for 3stars though, I'm sure it'll be fine.

If she liked Rayman though she may like some of the Lego games? Those are quite good to play with someone who doesn't game much since they're easy enough and fairly fun.

• Like 3

Here is a list of games that My wife and I have enjoyed playing together.  When we started, she had almost no interest in games, but she did find a way to enjoy these.

- Borderlands (the whole series).  It took her a while to get used to the controls, but she enjoyed the co-op idea, and that if she was struggling with something, I could come help her.  After a while, it was her that was starting to help me when I was struggling.  It just took time to get there.

- Diablo 3

- Destiny 1 & 2 (It helped that borderlands came first, so by this she was used to the FPS controls.

- Castle Crashers

- Tokyo Jungle (it is a one player game, but she still enjoyed taking turns)

- Deathspank (all of them)

- Guacamelee

- Runner2 (another single player game that she enjoyed taking turns on)

Good luck finding a game that you can enjoy together.  I find that they don't always need to be co-op games in order to enjoy them together.  You could also consider a game that she would enjoy playing on her own, and you watch her and try to give her some guidance.  After she finds one game she really enjoys, maybe she will be more open to others.

• Like 1

I've played many games with my wife and had a good time with it. Some of the more recent games would be... 

Gauntlet 

Raiden V

Diablo 3 

Toejam and Earl 

Hamster Ball 

There are many others titles we have played together as well but we personally like to hit those arcade style games. Another one we are looking at trying now would be Enter the Gungeon. But it really all boils down to what kind of games do you guys like? Does it have to be a game where you play at the same time (like Diablo) or is taking turns OK (like Galaga)? For some the type of content plays a role, such as gore vs a "kiddy" game. I would start off asking her maybe a couple questions like that to get a good idea of the type of game that'll work cause otherwise you're basically shooting in the dark. 

- LittleBigPlanet series

- Dead Nation/Alienation

- Borderlands series

- Dead Island/Dying Light

- Diablo 3

- Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game

- Brawlhalla

Also, these aren't two-player, but I definitely enjoy playing Telltale games, as well as Until Dawn or Heavy Rain with an audience. Maybe you can play and your girlfriend can make the choices, or vice versa.

• Like 1

I second Dead Nation - played with my wife to plat 2 times.

Other ones we played together and enjoyed:

Rayman Origins

Rayman Legends

Trine Trilogy

Knack (and Knack 2 I assume, though havent tried it yet)

Resident Evil 5

Lara Croft and the guardian of Light

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Hidden Agenda

Beyond: Two Souls

also, these are single player, but lent themselves well to playing together and choosing what to do together:

LA Noire

Life is Strange

Oxenfree

The Witness

Most Telltale games

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

Well sims 4 are now on the ps4. Leave her the remote, and watch her have fun making a virtual familly with the both of you as protagonists while sitting next to her. Lol. 

Computer chairs are sad like that. Its a seat for 1, no place for cuddlez. It might be what she wants but doesnt know how to say. Women are mysterious pokemons after all .lol.

Edited by Maitre
  • Like 1

Quite a range bit here you go:

Quiplash - Eacky fun.   Best with friends too but still funny as a couple.   Basically Cards against Humanity - the game.

Overcooked - Very good suggestion from others.

Any telltale game / Life is Strange - Only one can play at a time, but as its a story and light on gameplay its really a case of arguing between yourself what choice you make.

Resident Evil 5 (Co-Op) - This game is meh single player, super fun co-op.   Both have to be reasonably compentent, though, or it won't be fun.

Probably going to do a Way Out together as well, as that looks really good.

My partner is a huge Sims player almost exclusively too, and we have a lot of fun with splitscreen Minecraft. Just putting it on peaceful and building houses together.

Other games we play together:

• Spelunky — Great co-op, especially if one player is on Vita, but it really shines for us in trying to beat each other’s daily challenge score. And when we’re done, watching the daily challenge runs of that day’s non-scoring, 1-1 players trying to guess what did them in. Its death,arch mode is severely underappreciated too.
  • Nidhogg + Nidhogg II — Always good for a few lost hours as long as you’re both at the same lack of skill level.
  • Human Fall Flat — Really fun physics puzzle sandbox, with hilariously awkward controls / animation. Satisfying eureka moments when finding solutions together, and plenty of laughs reminiscing on your failures. Just don’t play beforehand by yourself or look up a guide and it will be a blast!
  • Death Squared — Another cooperative puzzle game, though more logic focused and with actual fail states. Fun to figure out together, and lots of grieving opportunities if your relationship is strong enough.
Edited by Zondares

My husband and I enjoyed playing Elder Scrolls Online together. (We played it on Xbox but I would imagine Playstation's version is the same for the most part?) You will each need your own console for this but only one person needs PS+. The person without PS+ needs to play on the primary console of the person with PS+ is all. She will need her own account of course. 

Racing games usually let you race against friends, too. Some are set up for couch co-op while others need an online connection. 

I always love Rocket League for just having fun with friends. You can have up to four people playing on the same console too, which is nice, and matches are quick too so you can play for as much or as little as you like at one go.