Good Games for Couples?

SamS7398

12 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

This is literally the perfect co-op game. It was free on PS Plus a while ago. Basically 1-4 players, couch co-op. You control one ship, and you walk around to different stations on it. Like one person controls the thrusters, other person shoots, controls shields, etc... And the game is gorgeous and really fucking cute. I haven't played it myself because I don't have irl friends or anything, but watch these guys play it and you'll see what it's about.

relatable. 

Damn there are some good suggestions in this thread!

My wife and I enjoyed:

- Portal 2

- Lego games

- The Borderlands series

- The Worms series

- Gang Beasts

- Rocket League

- Trackmania Turbo

- (and on Xbox) the Halo series

- (if she likes an overblown FPS) the Modern Warfare trilogy

- we're looking forward to A Way Out but I'm not expecting it to be very good.

On a more separate note, there have been points when my wife (average gaming skill level) has become surprisingly addicted to a game, so I then move the spare TV in to the living room and I play on a different console. Single player games she enjoyed included Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, The Witness, Uncharted 4, Stardew Valley and she likes the Sims too.

Let us know how you go!

PS: for the record, we did not like Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. No offence to the supporters, but I don't recommend :(

Edited by GonzoWARgasm
Added final paragraph

Don't listen to these suggestions. There is only 1 game you need to play...and if you invite another couple along it is even better ?

If you want to go for the platinum...well just call me the Doctor of Love

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4720-we-dare-trophy-guide

And finally because I am not able to put my custom banners on this site (for some reason) then I will post it here (because it is the greatest Trophy Guide Banner of all time ^_^)

jL6Mc.png

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

Ah yes, how could I forget about Portal 2. We did play that together as well and she rather enjoyed it.

In the end it just boils down to what kind of games your own girlfriend likes. I sometimes play couch co-op with a female friend who enjoys first person shooters as much as I do, so we just shoot ourselves through level after level.

A lot of great suggestions again, thank you all! Not a big fan of Fifa (or football for that matter), nor is she so we'll give that one a miss? For now I think I'll stick with what games I've got now and we'll experiment a little bit as to what games shes interested in. I'll try LittleBigPlanet again with her tomorrow, maybe some other ones I've got as well. If all hope is lost I'll give some of your guys suggestions a go. Still interested in the idea of Overcooked but we'll see how it goes over the weekend!

[Sorry I can't reply to everyone's comments but I have read them, there's just so many of you commenting your suggestions I can't keep up, but I really appreciate it! Not trying being rude but I am thankful for the suggestions]?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SamS7398 said:

Thank you all for the suggestions so far! A lot of really good games here. I forgot to mention that I don't think my girlfriend is very fond of the lego games as she finds them boring. Knack seems like a good suggestion, I have got it downloaded free from PS Plus so we could give that a go. Still a bit weary about Overcooked because of how it may cause arguments but still seems like a good one to play together. Quiplash seems like fun that @phantomfear9494 suggested, as we have cards against humanity and that's hilarious. I might pick up The Sims 4 one day when it goes on offer and let her play it, which wouldn't bother me as long as she's having fun (and earning me trophies). I'll definitely take in consideration to all the suggestions, so thank you all!

Only just saw you're from South Wales, so am I.  Small world...

• Like 1

Dragons Crown

Lego Games (Nearly all if all have local 2-4 player co-op)

Knack

Borderlands 2 / Pre-Sequal 

Castle Crashers 

Grand Turismo Sport

Wipeout Omega Collection

Pyre

That's You (Free)

Everybody's Golf (Hotshots Golf)

Sonic Mania 

Splunkey (free this month i think) 

Nex Machina 

Rocket Leauge

Edited by DarkSoleride

A few fun games I've enjoyed 2 player with my brother and at friends houses, and that you and you're might enjoy are:

Plants vs Zombies

Dragon Ball XenoVerse

Lara Croft Temple of Osiris- I never really played Tomb raider, but one of my friends is a huge Tomb Raider fan and we still really enjoyed this together.

Lego Marvel Superheroes 

Tokyo Jungle

Some Adventure dramas that are mostly just scenario and choices are Life is Strange, Life is strange before the storm, Beyond and the Sherlock Holmes games. 

• 3 weeks later...

-until dawn

-evil within

-heavy rain

-telltale games

-limbo

-adventure time

-life is strange

-LEGO games

-feeding frenzy

-bejeweled

-little nightmares

-little big planet series

-flower 

-diablo III

-snoopy’s adventure

-virginia 

-fortnite

-katamari forever 

-mkx 

-rime

(her answers)

On 2/16/2018 at 3:54 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

Ah yes, how could I forget about Portal 2. We did play that together as well and she rather enjoyed it.

In the end it just boils down to what kind of games your own girlfriend likes. I sometimes play couch co-op with a female friend who enjoys first person shooters as much as I do, so we just shoot ourselves through level after level.

I’d only play co-op portal w her if I wanted a divorce. That co-op ruins friendships, lol.