Is this the worst game ever made?

Quink666

Horrible checkpoints, and when you die you dont get whatever sunstone energy you used up back.

So if you are at a hard part youre fucked with no way of getting more. 

No reload level or checkpoint option.

1 shot kill from everything, cant see how very hard will be any harder. 

When you are huge you still walk as slow as little Knack. dodge distance is non existent

The collectibles are by far the worst ive ever seen. Have aquired all 10 aqua marines but i still get them in chest? like wtf were they thinking?

No way of trading in gems you have plenty of. 

Atleast i got it from PS+ so i didnt waste any money on it.

Is Knack 2 any better or is it the same messy game?

Edited by Quink666

Not by a long shot. Once you understand enemy attack patterns and behaviours, and the best way to handle each fight (generally, speed and timing is everything), most of the difficulty-related issues disappear. I do know the platinum is supposed to be a nightmare - I never bothered going for it myself - but if you just want to get to the end of the game, it's only a matter of learning how each fight's supposed to play out. Knack is far from the hardest or most poorly-designed game out there, and once you get the knack of it, you're left with a fun, if mostly unmemorable action-platformer. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Is this a troll thread? Knack is great. Very hard is harder because the enemies get faster and require better reflexes to dodge, and really it's more like 2 hits to die on hard. The checkpoints are pretty common and forgiving, and you move a lot further as big Knack than you do as small Knack in the same amount of time.

Honestly this thread just sounds like you're whining about difficulty, but that's what made Knack so great. It was a challenge, if you want it to be easy just play on easy, unlock Diamond Knack, and breeze through hard/very hard and have no fun whilst doing so. Every fight was satisfying in Knack and I enjoyed every minute of it apart from diamond farming. Knack II isn't as great, you just mash buttons and win everything even on hard :(

If I had to play through on Very Hard without Diamond Knack I think I would have an aneurysm. Knack is not one of those games that feels like a satisfying challenge on the higher difficulties, it just feels incredibly cheap. Enemies frequently cluster together to make picking them off one by one (the safest way of killing most of them) very difficult and attack alternately to very rarely give you a chance to strike. Throw ranged enemies into the mix with no means of attacking them besides a very slow to recharge special move and you do not have a particularly fun experience. In addition to all of this they also seem to anticipate what you're going to do and delay their attacks accordingly or strike where you're going to be, and they are extremely aggressive as well with no grace invincibility either. Could honestly be just me but the AI seemed particularly spiteful, and while the checkpoints aren't TOO infrequent they're not very clearly communicated, so some sections honestly feel like trial and error. There's also that awful section near the middle with the vacuum that I think even the most ardent defenders of the game probably have nightmares about.

Knack is not the worst game ever made, in fact far from it, but it's not particularly fun either and it honestly feels like it was made to spite the player. I don't think children will get much enjoyment out of it despite its simplicity.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Is Knack 2 any better or is it the same messy game?

Knack is the worst game ever because you tried to play on Hard, but don't have the skills to play it that way? Flip it down to Very Easy, since that's what you really want and you'll be fine.

Trolling at it's worst.

Much like many of the early biased reviewers, you can't just play every game for the first time on Hard and expect to have a great experience. Just because you may have played some First Person Shooters on Hard first doesn't mean that translates to all games. Smarten up. Flip the difficulty down and learn how to play. Increase difficulty when you have the skill to back it up.

"It looks like a kid game, it should be super-easy!" It's not, get over it.

Knack 2 is going to be even harder for you, don't bother.

• Like 3

Knack is one of the greatest games of the entire generation. you clearly know nothing about games! Or you are one of these Anti-Knack lobbyists hired by the government to tarnish his name. If that is the case you are worst then everyone involved in watergate! Rethink your agenda before ever mentioning Knack again. The game deserves nothing but praise!

• Like 2