Is this the worst game ever made?

Quink666

No, it isn't. Worst games are things like Toro (my opinion)?

Knack is a decent game that remember old platform from the ps1 era, it means that is not a game for a very large audience. it may appears rusty and intricate.

What really suck about the game is the jump that really is convoluted, and the randomness of the collectibles (someone is thinking about diamond drops???) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love and playing it right now [ even though it can be frustrating in parts ], sure its difficult in parts [ trying to do that 50 combo one and that's hard to get as you tend to get hit by practically every enemy - even in normal [ edit: Chapter 4-2 before you become Stealth Knack is a good level to gain this ], I tend to make it to 30 sometimes and then get hit] but its good fun. The music although not done by the same composer reminds me of Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, but since Mark Cerny was involved in both games, it wouldn't surprise me if the composers were inspired to do something similar for him in this game.  

It's not a good idea to play a game you have never played before on the hardest difficulty first, that's just a stupid thing to do.  

Edited by alexandra-jane09

• 1 year later...

On my fourth playthrough on hard now with diamond knack, stupid easy.

Did 3 on normal to get all gemstones/all Knacks, with a bit of exit to PS menu grinding.

Honestly the game is pretty entertaining and definitely not the worst thing that has graced the PS4. Going through launch titles right now and this one was a pretty solid game, reminiscent of what games like Crash Bandicoot were for the older generation(s).

True, like everyone said, the loot system is horrible, the fact that you can't change to a different Knack mid-playthrough? terrible decision, and fuck those checkpoints, but the rest is pretty ok.

• Like 1

Ok so, I know this is an old topic from 2018, but looking at Knack being played on youtube, I just laughed.

I mean we have contender for

Is this the worst game ever made?

being released every single day and nobody bats an eyelid.

I haven't even played Knack but it looks awesome. So no, Knack is not the worst game ever made, obviously.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Diamond farming was a nightmare ?

I first played in January, 3 playthroughs on Hard, got tired of all the farming, came back in December and I was so lucky to get the last 4 I needed pretty quickly I was stunned!

Not the worst game ever, I did enjoy my time playing Knack, a lot of Astro Bot vibes being from the same developer ??

• 7 months later...

Its now an Ultra Rare Platinum, I guess its become rarer than its sequel because of the RNG over the Diamonds, sometimes we have to do grindy things to get those Platinums.  I still enjoyed playing this game, I got the Platinum for it and Knack 2 on my second account as well.  I wish there was a Knack 3, I don't think its the worst game at all, I don't think Knack gets enough love.  

Edited by alexandra-jane09
  • Like 1