Trophy Thoughts - Which Ones Will Be The Hardest

Dog_of_Thunder

Oh Hi-Rez, I can't quit you. 

I fell back in with SMITE recently, I had a torrid fling with Paladins and now Hand of the Gods is finally getting trophy support? Awesome. What's also awesome? Even the longest trophy gives you rewards along the way. 

The Grindest of this trophy set: 

All that Glitters Master 
Open 200 gold card packs

Gold Card Packs will be available to purchase with in-game income starting with the "Official Release" patch on February 20th (in the USA). You can purchase a pack for 150 Favor and inside you'll get a special gold version of a card from the Core Set. It's the price that makes this one the grindiest....grindest?....as you'll basically need to rely on the Daily Quest rewards to be able to purchase a Gold Pack and the level-up favor for each God Level. 30,000 favor in total is required. 

Annoying? Yes. But what's cool about how this list is designed? You basically earn almost all of the other trophies while going for this one. Win 50 with each Leader? Need to do that for the level-up favor to get gold packs! Gauntlet matches? Gives you favor for winning! Complete quests? Needed for the favor to get gold packs! 

On the other side of the spectrum, we have a trophy that will require luck and some skill....but mostly luck:

Grand Champion
Retire an arena run with 12 wins and 0 losses

Have you ever completed a Hearthstone Arena run with no losses? That's what this trophy is for, 12 wins in a row, in the "draft" format of Arena. Better hope the 11th opponent didn't pull a Discordia...

Curious about the cards available? Check them out here: http://hotgtopdecks.com/cards/

Oh, and feel free to start grinding in the beta. All stats and such will carry over to the official release. 

1 hour ago, rdhight said:

Wow. I know the fighting-game version of this trophy usually turns out to be a dream killer.

This one even moreso, as a large part of Arena is it's RNG what cards you're given to choose from. The system works in a similar manner to Hearthstone you could just get given awful trash for an entire draft and not get anywhere because your cards don't work together, or at the end face someone who got extremely good picks and get wrecked. Won't really be boostable ever either as you'll be facing people who are at a similar win point in the run. 

It appears it doesn't require buy in like Hearthstone so that at least makes it better. Hearthstone you have to spend 100 gold to do an arena run.   

3 hours ago, rdhight said:

Wow. I know the fighting-game version of this trophy usually turns out to be a dream killer.

Yep, think this one will keep me away from the game. Been playing the beta for a while, and I can handle a grind, but I'm just not good enough to earn this one.

Just like with all trophies that require you winning X times in a row, the best thing is to play the game on Day 1 (and the first week or so) while everybody is trying out the game.

Will download the game and jump into arena as soon as figure out the mechanics :) Let's see how it goes.

11 hours ago, Skadoki said:

Just like with all trophies that require you winning X times in a row, the best thing is to play the game on Day 1 (and the first week or so) while everybody is trying out the game.

Will download the game and jump into arena as soon as figure out the mechanics :) Let's see how it goes.

Good point... if the trophies are going to be retroactive, you may be able to try this today without adding the trophies to your list, and if you can do it have it pop when the trophies drop. ;)

EDIT: It'll probably also be boostable when the game dies down. I have a feeling this one is going to be much more niche than their other titles, so it might not be long... Guess I'll probably take a chance on it after all.

Edited by RNumbers

28 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Good point... if the trophies are going to be retroactive, you may be able to try this today without adding the trophies to your list, and if you can do it have it pop when the trophies drop. ;)

EDIT: It'll probably also be boostable when the game dies down. I have a feeling this one is going to be much more niche than their other titles, so it might not be long... Guess I'll probably take a chance on it after all.

Seems like trophies are already obtainable; and yeah, pretty sure that Hi-Rez will add an ability to swap to a low-populated server similarly to Smite.

1 hour ago, Skadoki said:

Seems like trophies are already obtainable; and yeah, pretty sure that Hi-Rez will add an ability to swap to a low-populated server similarly to Smite.

Weird... just played at lunch at the trophies still aren't on my list. Some people in another thread mentioned the trophies appearing last night. Not sure what's going on.

On 2/18/2018 at 0:23 AM, lordzeze said:

How much of an advantage will I be at if I buy the founder's pack? I believe Monday is the last day you can buy it. I believe you also get the core set bundle for free if you buy the founder's pack.   

This is correct. You get every common, rare, and epic card from four pantheons with the Founder's Pack plus 20 core packs. At least I did when I picked it up a few days ago. Personally, if you're going for the plat and want to skip a decent part of the grind by having decent cards accessible, I'd suggest this. Other Core Sets will be available to purchase individually when the game launches.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Grand champion really is the worst in the list,ive been trying arena and i keep getting trash decks ,sometimes i get very decent ones but then my early hands are totally terrible and i get an easy loss.. lol , hopefully someone finds a way to boost this one because it really seems ridiculous. it should be *get to 12 wins* that already is a feat on itself. 

Edited by Aikn-Yor

15 hours ago, Aikn-Yor said:

Grand champion really is the worst in the list,ive been trying arena and i keep getting trash decks ,sometimes i get very decent ones but then my early hands are totally terrible and i get an easy loss.. lol , hopefully someone finds a way to boost this one because it really seems ridiculous. it should be *get to 12 wins* that already is a feat on itself. 

Working on it ?

Hi-Rez likes Trophies like this one... Do you remember original Paladin`s "Last One Standing" ?? or Smite's "Final Form"??

Edited by Arislamicus

43 minutes ago, Arislamicus said:

Working on it 1f609.png

Hi-Rez likes Trophies like this one... Do you remember original Paladin`s "Last One Standing" ?? or Smite's "Final Form"??

How is it going for you my friend? Thats true,in paladins u couldve easily boosted it though and in smite all u have to do is use Ullr and get 5 kills with his axe stance which is very easy .. so i hope theres a way around this one because xD 

1 hour ago, Arislamicus said:

First at all we need to know how Arena Matchmaking works... it's really weird sometimes.

I read somewhere that the matchmaking for arena is set so it will put you against people with the same amount of wins.. i havent confirmed that but if thats the case then theres a slim chance it can be boosted t.t

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/2/2018 at 9:32 PM, Gage said:

This one even moreso, as a large part of Arena is it's RNG what cards you're given to choose from. The system works in a similar manner to Hearthstone you could just get given awful trash for an entire draft and not get anywhere because your cards don't work together, or at the end face someone who got extremely good picks and get wrecked. Won't really be boostable ever either as you'll be facing people who are at a similar win point in the run. 

It appears it doesn't require buy in like Hearthstone so that at least makes it better. Hearthstone you have to spend 100 gold to do an arena run.   

Are you 100% sure it will always matchmake you against ppl with the same amount of wins because its been confirmed somewhere or did you assume its gonna be like that because the hearthstone version works that way? Id like to know ,thatll be very important info. 

3 hours ago, Aikn-Yor said:

Are you 100% sure it will always matchmake you against ppl with the same amount of wins because its been confirmed somewhere or did you assume its gonna be like that because the hearthstone version works that way? Id like to know ,thatll be very important info. 

That was me assuming beforehand, I've been told by someone who has played the game now it just matches you up with whoever regardless of W/L on their current ticket, so you can boost it with 3 alts. There is also ticket buy-in but you're given one free initially, so just make new alts to boost with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gage said:

That was me assuming beforehand, I've been told by someone who has played the game now it just matches you up with whoever regardless of W/L on their current ticket, so you can boost it with 3 alts. There is also ticket buy-in but you're given one free initially, so just make new alts to boost with. 

Nice! i actually found a guy who was in his 9 wins and i was on my 3rd,i wasnt sure if he was serious or not because hes a bit of a troll . thank u for confirming,i do have people interested in boosting but they dont communicate.. im askin them to make up a date and time,if your friend hasnt gotten it yet feel free to give me his ID to boost it. im already in a pass with 9 and 0,i always get this far and then lose without being able to do nothing because i get bad draws and the enemy gets godly cards. i actualy went 12-0 once but the game disconnected me in my 12th win and got a loss,i totally had it. So yeah,very frustrating . im down to boost it ,if anyone interested is reading this feel free to reply or msg me on ps4. 

Edited by Aikn-Yor