Possible to earn all online trophies solo?

Letenko

Hello,

while researching this game prior to purchase I have come across multiple statements that contradict each other, so here I am. I know that you can create a private match and use 2 controllersto play, my question is: Is it possible to earn ALL the online trophies using this method? As I suck at racing games, but I want to be able to platinum this one without bothering other players for boosting. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

I was able to log in and race against an alt, I can boost xp that way in private matches, I can bet against my alt and it says I win the bet but the trophies for betting (win 1 bet and win a bet with a 2x multiplier) aren't popping. Either it doesn't work in private mode or if the alt get disqualified for not moving?

4 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

I was able to log in and race against an alt, I can boost xp that way in private matches, I can bet against my alt and it says I win the bet but the trophies for betting (win 1 bet and win a bet with a 2x multiplier) aren't popping. Either it doesn't work in private mode or if the alt get disqualified for not moving?

I didn't have problems with bets in a 2 controller session and my 2nd player idled always. I needed another player to redeem accolades though (and i even had to finish a race to get them :( )

The ONLY trophy that you can't get solo using two controllers is the one for 50 accolades. But even then, you can do it in private match with 2 people or accounts.

If you do the same trick of playing elimination and setting the times to the lowest, it takes about 15 minutes to get 50 accolades, as you will be getting 5-6 per match. Each match only lasting 30-40 seconds, including setup. 

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 3

@Lance_87 That's a pretty good strat, thanks. I noticed this at the bottom of that guy's post..

There are a couple of things to watch out for.
- Make sure the rubber band is on. If it comes off, and no button is pressed for a certain amount of time, that person will be disqualfied, and this will lose your betting streak.

My 2nd character was getting disqualified but I was getting the bonus xp for winning bets but this might explain why I wasn't getting the trophies.

2 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

@Lance_87 That's a pretty good strat, thanks. I noticed this at the bottom of that guy's post..

My 2nd character was getting disqualified but I was getting the bonus xp for winning bets but this might explain why I wasn't getting the trophies.

This is non-issue. You won't ever be disconnected if you set times to the lowest possible in the settings. I just left my controller plugged. No rubber band or anything. 

To make things faster, disable perks and set the time to 10 seconds. There's also another method (but slower) for self-boosting without having to repeat the races, it involves the first ramp before the big jump in the Falling Down (Skyline) track.

You could also complete all Part Challenges with the two controllers. But you'll need a lot of patience especially for the wrecks.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

So I was playing online with a friend in an open server to do the bets, which should be the most legitimate method, short of betting against randoms which I never saw. I got the trophy for winning a bet with a 2x multiplier but I never got the trophy for winning the first bet, so it looks like I've got a glitch. I tried searching online for any identical situation and besides one comment on .org saying a person experienced the same thing, I didn't see anything about any possible solutions. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, DoucetDudes said:

The ONLY trophy that you can't get solo using two controllers is the one for 50 accolades. But even then, you can do it in private match with 2 people or accounts.

If you do the same trick of playing elimination and setting the times to the lowest, it takes about 15 minutes to get 50 accolades, as you will be getting 5-6 per match. Each match only lasting 30-40 seconds, including setup. 

Hope this helps someone.

You can't get accolades in private matches. Has to be against other people in matchmaking and you can't use player 2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

You can't get accolades in private matches. Has to be against other people in matchmaking and you can't use player 2. 

This is blatantly wrong. I got the accolades trophy in private match using a second ps3. it does NOT need to be done in matchmaking. I tested this. 

2 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

So I was playing online with a friend in an open server to do the bets, which should be the most legitimate method, short of betting against randoms which I never saw. I got the trophy for winning a bet with a 2x multiplier but I never got the trophy for winning the first bet, so it looks like I've got a glitch. I tried searching online for any identical situation and besides one comment on .org saying a person experienced the same thing, I didn't see anything about any possible solutions. Any ideas?

2x can be done in private match but win a bet needs to be done in online matchmaking. What I did is plug a second controller and just bet on that. That way i just had to beat my afk second controller in a online match to get the trophy. 

Edited by DoucetDudes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

This is blatantly wrong. I got the accolades trophy in private match using a second ps3. it does NOT need to be done in matchmaking. I tested this. 

2x can be done in private match but win a bet needs to be done in online matchmaking. What I did is plug a second controller and just bet on that. That way i just had to beat my afk second controller in a online match to get the trophy. 

I did the same, you can do all the trophies solo with a 2nd controller

Just now, black__bunny said:

I did the same, you can do all the trophies solo with a 2nd controller

All except for Accolades and winning a bet. Accolades can be done in a private match with anyone but winning a bet for the first time has to be matchmaking. That's it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoucetDudes said:

I thought you ment you could do it with 2 pads on 1 console. You can get the betting trophy in private match in split screen though as I got it that way. 

I must do the online, too. Do you know if you must do the medals in mathmaking? (Never played the online part)

If I am right (from what I read here and in guides):

Not in private possible with two controllers:

50 accolades

1x bet (the 2x count for private)

25 medals?

Or did I misunderstand sth?

14 minutes ago, T-100 said:

I must do the online, too. Do you know if you must do the medals in mathmaking? (Never played the online part)

If I am right (from what I read here and in guides):

Not in private possible with two controllers:

50 accolades

1x bet (the 2x count for private)

25 medals?

Or did I misunderstand sth?

I never bothered with private matches as the online is dead anyway. I went to public matches and boosted with my 2nd controller and didn't have any issues with any trophies.

2 hours ago, DoucetDudes said:

Apparently it was a glitch in reader comprehension :facepalm: but I figured it out shortly after posting. Thanks for the response though.