All weapons level 9

Claymorw

So good news, for anyone who doesn’t know. You don’t have to level the weapons, just get all the orbs on the last area, then do the mana sword during the last fight and the trophy will unlock. I think it’s great since leveling them up on all character would have taken forever. 

For the complete guide, just don’t skip any area and collect all the weapon, it will pop when you get the mana sword during the last fight. 

• Like 1

For complete guide you need all weapon, all people seems none missable and all monsters, that’s it. Make sure you visit the dungeon entirely to get all the orbs, they are really rare. Took me 10 hours to get all orbs on the final dungeon, I used te same method that I did in the original. Go in and out of the room killing the same monster. Seems like the drop rate is actually identical.

The gear seems missable because I am not unlocking it. I went almost everywhere and seems like I missed something somewhere, not confirmed yet. 

So if all you have to do is acquire all 9 stages of each weapon for the trophy, does it work the same way with the magic? So do I just need to collect all the seeds to up my magic or do I really have to grind out the sprits magic to 8? The girl is easy to level up but that sprite is a pain.  And if so, are there any nice little tricks to level her magic up faster? 

1 hour ago, Champ147 said:

So if all you have to do is acquire all 9 stages of each weapon for the trophy, does it work the same way with the magic? So do I just need to collect all the seeds to up my magic or do I really have to grind out the sprits magic to 8? The girl is easy to level up but that sprite is a pain.  And if so, are there any nice little tricks to level her magic up faster? 

I'm not sure if it requires both characters to have level 8 magic or just all elements which would require either the girl to have all level 8 and the sprite just level 8 Shade, or the sprite with all level 8 and the girl with level 8 Lumina.

The sprite isn't too bad to level up, it just takes time. Once you gain Luna and access to MP Absorb the sprite becomes so much easier. You can basically stay out and grind magic almost forever as long as you save at least 1 MP and the monsters can be drained of theirs. Also make sure you assign magics to both the :l1: and :r1: shortcuts. This saves an insane amount of time over the long run of things.

4 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I tested this theory out on my run through where I leveled Primm's (Girl's) Magic to 8 and then Popoi's (Sprite's) Shade to level 8 and it did not work.

Only after completing the rest after Shade to 8 did the trophy pop

On 2018/2/17 at 0:16 PM, berserklover said:

For complete guide you need all weapon, all people seems none missable and all monsters, that’s it.

That's weird though, because looking at the current collection stats, Complete the Guide is at 2.19% and All Weapons at Level 9 is at 2.13%

How can the number of people who have completed the guide be bigger than the number of people who collected all the weapons?

Is the All Weapons Trophy glitched, or do you only need to go up to level 8 for the Complete the Guide Trophy?

On 2/20/2018 at 3:20 PM, LabyrinthWorm said:

This is good news to hear, as I just defeat the demon wall and have been leveling up every weapon for every character! 

I've been leveling them up for all characters.  It's great to just focus on magic now as I scour everything.

On 2/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, Champ147 said:

The seeds are required to get any magic summon up to the next level.  If you want to, you can just have Primm repeatedly cast a Saber ability.  It should level it up, provided you have the mana seeds.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:55 PM, berserklover said:

So good news, for anyone who doesn’t know. You don’t have to level the weapons, just get all the orbs on the last area, then do the mana sword during the last fight and the trophy will unlock. I think it’s great since leveling them up on all character would have taken forever. 

For the complete guide, just don’t skip any area and collect all the weapon, it will pop when you get the mana sword during the last fight. 

Do you still need to go to Watts, the blacksmith, to have your weapons upgraded after obtaining the orbs first or do you just simply need to have all the orbs in your possession? So is it possible to get the trophy for just getting the final orbs in the Mana Fortress and then upgrade the sword in final fight to have the trophy pop. Or do you need to get those orbs, then leave the Mana Fortress to upgrade the weapons with Watts, then go back to the Mana Fortress and do that final sword upgrade in the final boss to have the trophy pop? 

It's great you don't actually have to grind out the weapons to level 9 proficiency though. And as a side note, it doesn't appear you can even take your weapons to level 9 if you wanted to. I've fully upgraded all the weapons, minus the sword, with Watts and used them and they don't gain any experience past level 8. So you can't get them to level 8 and even 1% towards level 9. 

EDIT: After doing a little testing it appears that you only need to acquire all the orbs and do not need to upgrade the weapons with Watts for the trophy. If anyone can confirm this that would be appreciated. Because if accurate, that would mean that you do not have to exit the Mana Fortress to upgrade after obtaining all the orbs and you could just fight and defeat the final boss and still get the trophy. 

Edited by Champ147

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading through this, and I wanted to address two things. Although I didn't try it, I'm sure this is the case: You might not need to upgrade the weapons for *this* trophy, but you assuredly do for the Guide Completion.

Secondly, why *is* there a higher % with the Guide than All Weapons? That makes absolutely no sense, yet it remains the case today - the reason I popped into this thread was noting just that fact, as I overlooked my trophies now nearing the Platinum for it (everything done save for killing the last two bosses! Whee, no more farming!!!!!!!)

2 hours ago, Coladar said:

I was just reading through this, and I wanted to address two things. Although I didn't try it, I'm sure this is the case: You might not need to upgrade the weapons for *this* trophy, but you assuredly do for the Guide Completion.

Actually you do need to have all your weapons upgraded to level 9 save for the sword which is upgraded to 9 via Mana Magic. I finished the game not too long ago, and left my whip and boomerang at 8, and figured since their names showed up in red (indicating all orbs) in the weapon level menu that was good enough. Nope, got the level 9 sword, finished the game and no trophy for All Weapons Level 9.

14 hours ago, Coladar said:

Secondly, why *is* there a higher % with the Guide than All Weapons? That makes absolutely no sense, yet it remains the case today - the reason I popped into this thread was noting just that fact, as I overlooked my trophies now nearing the Platinum for it (everything done save for killing the last two bosses! Whee, no more farming!!!!!!!)

The one I'm even more confused about is why there's a difference in percentage between Beating the Mana Beast and Reach the Ending?  I don't understand why someone who had taken the time to beat the final boss would just decide to exit out and turn off their game right there without watching the ending lol

You have to run through all the credits. I can totally understand a few who aren't aware, do so, refuse to kill Mana Beast again. (Edit to add: It's like 5-7 minutes from kill to End Trophy - I went and did something else, leaving it run, because... Boring + pointless waste of time alert!)

But when one trophy is required to get another, yet the one that requires it has a higher %, that defies all logic.

INTERESTINGLY, I checked on my PS4 as I got my plat, and Sony's trophy % is correct - all Weapons at 9 has higher % than Guide Completion. So it's just this site, which still doesn't make any sense - no one on this site should have Guide Complete unless they have all weapons at 9. Something ain't right.

Edited by Coladar

• 2 weeks later...

Like with the Mana Magic (Undine reads LVL 8 Max) can the same be done to weapons? 

The Javelin and Spear at the highest Level (showing in Red) but the % stays on 0% and won't fill up with each Kill.  

I had hoped for a Lvl 8 Max reading for the Weapons too

Edited by Omegabug2003