Micro macro mist me

A_J_P72

Yeah, it's unobtainable against bots, can only be done against human opponents for some reason.

It's easy enough to do in a couple of games with him though, just wait until at least level 3 for the helix choice that improves his speed when using it (or even better wait until level 6 and get the helix choice that increases the duration upon each hit) and you'll get it in no time. I'm absolutely useless with melee characters (and hadn't used Kelvin at all prior to attempting it) and I got it in three games.

Alternatively, now that lore counts in private matches, you might be able to boost it by getting three friends (or two friends if one has two controllers) to just sit there and let you use it ten times. I haven't tested this to confirm whether or not it works though, since this specific lore is a bit buggy.

• Like 1

The reason this challenge doesn't work against bots, is because there's a bug in the stat tracker so it doesn't recognise any usage of Sublimate against A.I. This glitch was supposed to have been fixed with the 1.07 patch but was overlooked for some reason ?. You can get this in private games against real people but it's a little fiddly to do so this walkthrough from my stickied Guide on .org ?:

Boosting method - Credit to (SiC) for confirming this works:

If you want to speed this up or are having trouble getting into a public match, then follow these steps:

Step 1:

Create a Private Versus lobby (Main Menu => Versus Private => Versus Maps - Classic) invite 3 friends and have them change teams by pressing Triangle18x18.png. Now use the following settings:

Character Select Style: PvP Classic
Bots on Team 1: 0
Bots on Team 2: 0
In Game Chat: Global
Data Center: Use Optimal
Choose Map: Capture - Outback

Step 2:

Start the match, pick Kelvin and have your friends pick any character of their choice as it doesn't matter who they play as.

Step 3:

Once the match has started, buy the Cooldown Reduction Gear and take the first 3 Augments as listed above. As for your friends, just make sure they don't equip anything that boosts their CC (Crowd Control effect) resistance.

Step 4:

Now meet up with your friends, have them line up about a foot apart then hit them with Sublimate.

Step 5:

Rinse and repeat Step 4 until the challenge is complete.

Once you have completed all 5 lore challenges, the trophy will pop.

Edited by HuntingFever
Updated for clarity,

25 minutes ago, A_J_P72 said:

How about Alani, or kid ultra? I feel like doing them in bots just isn't working, unless I'm just bad which is a possibility.

I know those challenges can be done in Bots Battle, because that's how I got them done last year but there's always the posibility they are glitched for private versus matches ?.

22 hours ago, A_J_P72 said:

How about Alani, or kid ultra? I feel like doing them in bots just isn't working, unless I'm just bad which is a possibility.

Alani's Riptide Lore challenge is just buggy at the best of times. Sometimes it counts, sometimes it doesn't.  It definitely counts if you hit yourself and 4 allies, even if those allies are AI (I got a couple with doing this), but lining AI up can be a challenge.

It doesn't seem to count hitting enemy AI though, but it does for human opponents, so actual PvP matches make this challenge much easier, and you can do it in 1-2 matches this way.

Kid Ultra definitely counts in bots, I done all of his lore in private matches solo.  Which Lore is it you're struggling with?

• Like 1

On 18/02/2018 at 2:32 PM, A_J_P72 said:

For what it's worth, here's my tips for getting Alani's "The Lifeguards Have Given Up" lore:

1. Use Riptide after the countdown has finished and all Battleborn have just about made their way out of the spawn area. I got at least 5-10 doing this. Although, it only works if there is one exit from the spawn area.
  2. Play Incursion matches and focus on the choke points. I can't remember the map name (I think Echelon) but there are narrow corridors leading toward the second Sentry for both teams. Since your team should be trying to push forward/back (even with the mediocre AI), this should get you a couple of successful hits.

Alani's lore is a bit painful but as I was working through it, she became my favourite character so at least it didn't feel like a total grindfest.

Edited by Cyvnyde

16 hours ago, A_J_P72 said:

Thank you both for your help, I feel better about these now. I can definitely do Alani's with time, but I'm just really bad with kid ultra so I wanted to know that I could successfully do kid ultra's with bots.

You can.

I'm assuming you're referring to his "Stellar Cast" lore? If it's any consolation, I found this lore a lot easier than Alani's. In fact, I got this lore done in about two games. I'm going from memory here so I could be wrong and anyone else is welcome to correct me...

I think it is glitched (the good kind of glitch). Play Incursion matches and make sure his Stick With Me Helix is activated (level 10). When you have his ultimate at the ready, fly around both ally Battleborn and minions. If there aren't more than five there then fly out of the ultimate's radius and go straight back in. It seemed to count for me.

Edited by Cyvnyde

9 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

I think it is glitched (the good kind of glitch). Play Incursion matches and make sure his Stuck With Me Helix is activated (level 10). When you have his ultimate at the ready, fly around both ally Battleborn and minions. If there aren't more than five there then fly out of the ultimate's radius and go straight back in. It seemed to count for me.

Its actually that when you choose the Stuck With Me helix option, each tick of regen counts, even while just in flight without needing to press triangle again to activate the ult. And it counts for yourself too, so you can just follow someone around for three ticks and it'll count as affecting five (well it'll be six) Battleborn in a single activation.

Incursion is still best though as you're more likely to hit level 10 in the match, to open that helix choice. Meltdown is hit or miss if you'll get level 10, Capture it almost never happens.

Can do it in PvE too if you bring a friend or second controller, or do it on a map with allies (like Mellka in Archive or Boldur in Experiment). 

• Like 1