Final Siege Glitch

Ok so, I was in the middle of the final fort defense in Gorgorith and then I died by a caragor, but instead of the fort being taken from me it stayed as my fort and the siege mission was gone. I decided to restart the game and in the first loading screen the “Peace in Death” trophy and the platinum trophy popped. And the siege defense mission was back on the map. One question I have is that is this considered cheating? because it totally glitched out, but I’m planning on finishing it anyway. I’m just so concerned about this, has anyone else encountered it before? 

Update: It appears I can’t see the cutscene after the final siege because it reset on the map, All I can do is replay the final siege. I seem to have encountered a somewhat serious bug. Well, guess I’ll have to look up the cutscene now. I’ve never seen a bug like this, especially with this game specifically.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

9 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

It's not considered cheating when you encounter a bug. You cannot be flagged for it if that is what you are concerned about because there is nothing to flag. You got the trophies in a correct order

Figured as much, thanks for the response. You know anything about this glitch?

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

5 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Figured as much, thanks for the response. You know anything about this glitch?

Not this specifically but I've read a few threads related to glitches with sieges. A couple were game breaking apparently. The problem seemed to be fixed by a patch but it came back when the DLC update dropped. Maybe that's what happened here. Thank god you still got the trophies. I'd be mega pissed getting through the slog that is the shadow wars then being locked out of the plat right at the end!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Not this specifically but I've read a few threads related to glitches with sieges. A couple were game breaking apparently. The problem seemed to be fixed by a patch but it came back when the DLC update dropped. Maybe that's what happened here. Thank god you still got the trophies. I'd be mega pissed getting through the slog that is the shadow wars then being locked out of the plat right at the end!

Lol yeah me too, my heart sank when it glitched, but luckily restarting the game seemed to have triggered the trophy, just can’t finish the last siege.

• 1 month later...

Same thing happend to me in stage 2 of the Wars, I died from a caragor, and it glitched out, had to close the application. I go back in and find that I’m on stage three, with stage two not showing on my completed list. Hopefully it doesn’t lock me out of the platinum.     Just hoping someone who’s encountered this could advise lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valkynberg said:

Same thing happend to me in stage 2 of the Wars, I died from a caragor, and it glitched out, had to close the application. I go back in and find that I’m on stage three, with stage two not showing on my completed list. Hopefully it doesn’t lock me out of the platinum.     Just hoping someone who’s encountered this could advise lol.

On stage 2 huh? Sounds like you encountered the same problem I did, I also had to restart it, but luckily it was on the last stage and the last trophy and the platinum popped when the game was on the first loading screen. hopefully you’ll be fine. No telling with this game really. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

2 hours ago, Valkynberg said:

I hope so, don’t want another one trophy from platinum game on my account lol, (Destiny 2, I didn’t do the nightfall strike when that was the req :(

I wish you luck man, nothing worse than putting all this time in just to find out you won’t be able to complete it. The Shadow Wars probably should have been a shorter experience. It took way to long.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

Well, let’s hope someone who’s attempting this platinum sees this and takes note. Just to be on the safe side, especially if they get a glitch like this early into the shadow wars. No way am I running through the entire game and slogging through the wars again if my trophy is glitched out lol. It’ll be out on the shelf with Destiny 2 hahaha

• Like 1

The addition of difficulty levels really made the game for me. Nemesis and Gravewalker were an absolute blast to go through the story and the first few sieges in Shadow Wars, but the final stages of the siege, were damn near impossible lol. 

Combat was honestly pretty bland, though being able to customize each of your player skills to what you want is nice. But it got old really really quick. 

Music was on point, graphics were pretty damn good. Maps were a bit small overall, but there was 5 of them, just sucked that my favorite one didn’t play a part in the sieges and such. 

The ending of the game, both at the end of act 3 and the final cutscene, felt extremely rushed, and left a lot of pointless questions.

A solid 7.5 for me, would’ve been an 8 if the story wrapped up better. No regrets for picking it up for 20 dollars!

• Like 1