I use to love this game ,want this plat

elgustinland17

6 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

hello again...sadly I was thinking about this earlier and thought I would post again...

first off, let me say that I get that people are upset that one person is holding onto the belts thereby preventing anyone else from earning their related trophies...

the part I don't get is the why... i know just about nothing about this game and have no intention of ever playing it...to spend 3+ years regularly transferring data from one account to another shows some serious dedication and there must be a reason for it...i like to think that people should get the benefit of the doubt before drawing any conclusions so thought it would be best to just ask plainly and simply...so here goes... @Jeanmi96 why do you do this whole belt hoarding thing?...honestly, I'm just really curious at this point...i try to put myself in your shoes and come up blank...

Back then players thought that people like trucker-cardiff (former HW#1) were the worst possible thing that could happen to the game, since they have been hoarding belts for 1-5 months at a time and at one point even 2 at once. I just thought: I can do that too and I'll promise to be a lot better at it! So here we are.

Also a good samaritan who played the game around the time I started, had something to do with it. I mean just look at that annoying spike in achievers between April-December 2014. Obviously had to put an end to that.

But in all seriousness, I just got used to holding them at this point. I firmly believe that the FN community is way too toxic to be left without supervision anyway. It's almost as bad as the 10-16 year old gamers community on CoD or the NBA 2k community.

EDIT: Oh and it's always great to see people suddenly feeling entitled to earn those trophies, after they have been doing the square root of jack shit over the last few years.

Most people don't even own a copy of the game and even less actually bother to load it up to just check the current champions. At this point we are down to the 0.00005% fraction that actually tries to do something about it and most of their messages are beyond pitiful. "Hey bru, can u help me wit them belts? I'll promise I'll even return em to you!". I mean those messages are obviously very motivating for me, as they even promise to return the things I helped them with in the first place :).

Now that it has been brought up, people will suddenly feel motivated and entitled again and it's quite enjoyable for me and some friends to read all about it.

Edited by Jeanmi96
  • Like 1

i must say, @Jeanmi96

i do love your trophy cabinet

“Meet the blocker”

”mayor of blokville”

quite fitting to this whole scenario you got played out for yourself here with these belts

dont ya say? Lol

trophy blockin lmao

in all serious though, it does seem like the belt is in good hands from what i gather

you remain active with it and do share it from time to time

people do still have a chance at it, in my eyes

think we could ever be friends, ill go to gamestop tomorrow and pick this gem up ;)

Edited by Property_Damage

3 hours ago, Jeanmi96 said:

Back then players thought that people like trucker-cardiff (former HW#1) were the worst possible thing that could happen to the game...etc...

fair enough...i don't really understand your reasoning but I'm ok with that...

in the end, to me it's just a trophy for a game and if it's so important to you that you have made an effort to obtain and religiously maintain the belts all these years I guess that the idea of a sort of unobtainable obtainable is something the rest of the people who want them will have to live with...

personally, I'd just let people have their way with them and move on with my life but I guess I'm not the type to care too much about trophies so perhaps this is why I find the whole situation kind of odd...to each their own...

once again, a have fun and good luck to all involved...drive by participation -> success...

19 minutes ago, accounthk69 said:

If you guys check this thread you can see this jeanmi guy used to ask money for the belts back in the days

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/fight-night-round-4-a/116354-l-xl-xxl-boosting-thread-129.html

Wow, you just joined PSNP 22mins ago! I hope you have a great start on here. Make sure to ask me anything if you feel lost, since joining a completely new forum can be difficult :).

On a completely unrelated note though, what's the weather like in Norway at the moment, PRTM?

I wonder what ridiculous thing they’d do in the next fight night game if they ever make another, since 4has belts and champion had level 80 OWC and those rival gyms. :hmm: 

seems like EA should think things through more thoroughly ;) 

Wow, this thread is something else. I have learned a lot.

I had no idea FN was so rare!

EA is at fault for making such a glaring exploit. How the fuck did they not think of this?

Jeanmi has been around a while but doesn't post much. I am really impressed by how fast Destiny was 100%ed on that profile though!

I have this game in backlog but knowing it's impossible to 100% I'm going to drop it to the bottom of the old rotation. So thanks for starting this thread. 

I empathize with those locked out of those trophies, I know I would be raging . . .

• Like 3

So basically, in defense of this guy Jeanmi, is that he is not as bad as the last guy. To use a metaphor here , its like comparing Kim Jong Un to his dad. HES NOT AS BAD GUYS!

6 hours ago, Jeanmi96 said:

Back then players thought that people like trucker-cardiff (former HW#1) were the worst possible thing that could happen to the game, since they have been hoarding belts for 1-5 months at a time and at one point even 2 at once. I just thought: I can do that too and I'll promise to be a lot better at it! So here we are.

Also a good samaritan who played the game around the time I started, had something to do with it. I mean just look at that annoying spike in achievers between April-December 2014. Obviously had to put an end to that.

But in all seriousness, I just got used to holding them at this point. I firmly believe that the FN community is way too toxic to be left without supervision anyway. It's almost as bad as the 10-16 year old gamers community on CoD or the NBA 2k community.

lmao. one day you reign of terror will end. Shit, I know it will end soon. the fact you see yourself as some fucking gatekeeper is ASTOUNDING. I love it.  

12 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I think a lot of people are forgetting how awful it was before Jeanmi.

People hoarding the belts and only offering the chance to get the belts for money. The belt being passed around a friend group and then someone stealing it and hoarding it, thus ruining it for the rest of the group. Recent achievers being harassed for the belt despite not having it. There are old threads of people keeping tabs on who has the belt and then bombarding them with requests to "borrow" it for the trophy.

At least Jeanmi isn't doing anything against ToS with the belts, although the dedication of switching every three days for three years is probably unhealthy. The belts were never going to actually go to fair fights as people are greedy and would always try to exploit the mechanic for their gain. If the developers thought the mechanic through, they would have made a hard reset of the belts every week so you couldn't just pass it around. This was a predictable problem they choose to ignore. The sunny idea of everyone taking turns with the belt is never going to happen over an anonymous network.

And, on a brighter note, at least Playstation hasn't been down for over three days in the last three years. That's a pretty good streak.

So, it the end, its still fucking awful. 

2 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Wow, this thread is something else. I have learned a lot.

I had no idea FN was so rare!

EA is at fault for making such a glaring exploit. How the fuck did they not think of this?

Jeanmi has been around a while but doesn't post much. I am really impressed by how fast Destiny was 100%ed on that profile though!

I have this game in backlog but knowing it's impossible to 100% I'm going to drop it to the bottom of the old rotation. So thanks for starting this thread. 

I empathize with those locked out of those trophies, I know I would be raging . . .

I know you were raging when you got locked out of WWE 2K16's platinum (yeah I remember you!)

Edited by WorldsBestSpy
  • Like 4

@WorldsBestSpy Do you really think you would get your hands on all three of the belts, if JeanMi would decide to drop them? 

You do realize that they would end up at three different people then, right? 

Right now JeanMi has all of them, which means that he can help people,  who he is friend with,  out with all three trophies.  If he would stop holding them .... good luck getting even a single trophy lol

Well, this thread is a mess. People offending Jeanmi: you guys are simply losing the reason in this discussion.

It is a shame that accordingly to the Fight Night boosting thread, Potent_Delusions helped out Jeanmi in 2014 for the HW belt, and never got it back.

As a matter of fact, also it is explicit that he's been holding it since then and even tried to charge people for it, that's probably something he dropped early on: people would just steal the belt back.

I see this situation having two factors to blame: the belts system is stupid. EA should have limited boosting as blocking same IP or even further for such a picky mechanic. Also the lack of morals and honor is clearly present in Jeanmi. Shame, most hardcore trophy hunters are like that, and trophy hunters are (in a whole), just a subset of the greedy mankind.

He is clearly doing that to keep the plat rarity at 0.13%, so I suggest everybody just to give up on this plat. EA will soon announce the server shutdown as it is a real old game, and Jeanmi will have fulfilled his wishes.

I feel really sorry for the community having to deal with such immature behavior, some people just can't understand online trophies are for union and solidarity. It is the same case as when people flee the boosting session after they get their trophies.

Let's move on and keep cooperating in other games, united we are strong. PSNP is a better community than this.

Edited by EdinhoN
Inserted "hardcore" in-between "most trophy hunters"
  • Like 2

He will never drop it willingly. Lets just hope that one day, his life is fulfilling enough where he doesn't have to screw us anymore. But it will end soon, whether it finally falls in good hands, or EA finally disconnects the life support from the game.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

21 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

He will never drop it willingly. Lets just hope that one day, his life is fulfilling enough where he doesn't have to screw us anymore. But it will end soon, whether it finally falls in good hands, or EA finally disconnects the life support from the game.

Yep, FN4 is a 2009 game. It's shutdown shouldn't take long. Soon, he will be free of this burden of constant logins and matches every couple days, keeping the plat really rare.

I admire his willingness in doing that, I hate when I have to keep logging in games for X days for trophies.

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Shame, most trophy hunters are like that, and trophy hunters are (in a whole), just a subset of the greedy mankind.

AND

Let's move on and keep cooperating in other games, united we are strong. PSNP is a better community than this.

Woah, cowboy! These two passages contradict themselves. Unless you think trophy hunters are in the minority of this website.

For the record I disagree. The vast majority of hunters that I have met here are respectful, honorable gamers. Yes, I have met some real shitstains here too but I would say based on my experience the general ratio is a hundred good gamers to every one shitstain.

30 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Woah, cowboy! These two passages contradict themselves. Unless you think trophy hunters are in the minority of this website.

For the record I disagree. The vast majority of hunters that I have met here are respectful, honorable gamers. Yes, I have met some real shitstains here too but I would say based on my experience the general ratio is a hundred good gamers to every one shitstain.

Actually, it is not contradictory, it's just I used "trophy hunters" as a generic for "hardcore trophy hunters". Will correct that to make it more clear.

Unfortunately, the "shitstains" are more spread throughout the hardcore scenario, of course. Their hunt for "100% profile completion" or even rarity goes to insanity, helping is not a meaningful word for some.

6 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

So basically, in defense of this guy Jeanmi, is that he is not as bad as the last guy. To use a metaphor here , its like comparing Kim Jong Un to his dad. HES NOT AS BAD GUYS!

lmao. one day you reign of terror will end. Shit, I know it will end soon. the fact you see yourself as some fucking gatekeeper is ASTOUNDING. I love it.  

So, it the end, its still fucking awful. 

I know you were raging when you got locked out of WWE 2K16's platinum (yeah I remember you!)

https://psnprofiles.com/DreadfulSpy

Wow. You really weren't kidding. Didn't think you'd be that effective :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xINikoIx said:

You Probably just Made that account to proove  something lol. Jokes aside. Why are you even doing that? I dont understand why somebody would log in every few days for nothing. Sounds like a sad life. 

Perhaps just a trolling teen. I don't know, trolling teens are really rare over the internet. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xINikoIx said:

You Probably just Made that account to proove  something lol. Jokes aside. Why are you even doing that? I dont understand why somebody would log in every few days for nothing. Sounds like a sad life. 

A lot of the recent achiever accounts in the last few years for the 3 belts just look like alt accounts made purely to swap the belts around.

Edited by Martain2