Love this Game!

PrimeTime101

So I've been hearing a lot of negativity around this game's release since Thursday (when it came out in the US).

I suppose I understand some of it (crashing a lot), but the remade music (while not as good as the original) is still amazing and the gameplay remains wholly the same!

I feel like a kid in 1993 again, and very few games nowadays capture that spirit IMO.

It's almost exactly like Adventures of Mana that came out a few years ago for the Vita. Hopefully they remake Seiken Desetsu 3 (without the bugs/crashes).

I haven't experienced any game crashing yet; I'm sure it'll be frustrating, but I'm used to saving a lot in these games as it is.

I hope there are others out there who feel the same!

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the game myself. Not many crashes yet, but had a few though. So glad to see the arrange version of the soundtrack wasn't horribly ruined.

It does seem to be more difficult than the original in certain areas, mostly as it seems enemies like the Chobin Foot can attack faster than before.

My favorite change is the conversations the party has when using most Inns. While it slows the pace of the game down big time, it's nice to see the characters actually have some personality.

The game was fantastic but sadly I experienced a lot of crash. Now keep in mind, I no life the game, around 35 hours in 3 days. I got well over 30 crash, especially in the end game when farming the same mob over and over to get the rare item. Most trophies, you will get done in about 14 hours. The rest of my time was grinding the orbs, magic and the rare item.

this was a huge game when I was younger, and honesty this is a faithful remake. They did a great job but they need to patch it. When you guys grind the end game, you will get game crash constantly but thankful the save feature makes it okay. You crash, reboot and you are exactly where you crashed.

all in all, it’s a 9/10. It’s exactly how I remembered it when I was younger. Maybe a lot easier but a fantastic experience. The 3D was great, I’m not sure what people expected graphically, but I could go for more snes game with those graphics. The crashes need to be fix though, but as I said, the save feature makes it almost nothing after 20 or so. You know your stuff will still be there. Be advise that it does corrupt your game sometimes, my first save was corrupt after the 6 crash. My second save was fine and I made a backup every few hours on psn. 

I'm personally enjoying it myself, though like most detractors I admittedly was put off by the graphics at first.

I don't mind it now though and have even come to appreciate that aspect as I did with Adventures. Just use the original score and let those childhood memories come flooding back. 

What irks is constantly seeing 'Miss' from normal attacks against a lot of enemies. 

And we can still spam magic and so can the enemies

I have died mid-revive/heal because the game decides to freeze the player on the spot 

It seems the battles are more frustrating than I remember

Edited by Omegabug2003

There are a lot of crashes for sure. But I at least don't mind them a great deal for a couple reasons. First, the game auto saves every time you change screens when you see it say "loading" in lower right corner. So you essentially never really lose any progress, even if you haven't made a hard save in a while. And second, once it crashes at least it doesn't take but less than a minute to completely reload the game and resume playing. I'm not saying the crashes are OK by any standard but at least it's not making you lose progress. 

This remake is awesome the only thing i couldn't get into was the remade ost, I decided to play with the original ost which is still fantastic. I loved the inn scenes where the three of them have random conversations as it wasn't in the original and brought more personality to the characters.

I will say the crashing throughout was getting super annoying, so I hope they patch it.. thankfully it autosaves after leaving every screen.

Edited by Flossy_B

Only problem I've had is characters disappearing if I accidentally let them die. At the end of the day this is still the fantastic game it's always been and I'm loving it, In fact if square wants to do a few more snes remakes for this gen I'd be all over it.

• Like 1