Upgraded Knack

KenjiCBZ

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the upgraded Knacks. 

First of all I am only at chapter 8, I've not finished the game yet, I just wanted to know how you unlock the upgraded Knacks, and if doing so is a missable thing or if you do that naturally while playing. 

Edited by KenjiCBZ

You unlock the upgraded knacks by opening treasure chests in the game. You need the relics corresponding to the type of Knack. 10 diamond relics unlocks diamond Knack etc...

Edit: You can't unlock them all in one playthrough because there aren't enough chests. Also you need to keep playing on the same difficulty in your next playthroughs, otherwise you lose your progress. Good luck.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

You gain access to the upgraded Knack's by collecting complete gem sets from the treasure chests. It's not missable because after the game you can restart the game from the start and go through again and collect more gems. You might have to go through the game multiple times to unlock Diamond Knack by collecting 10 Diamonds, the most elusive gem. I found it quickest to play through on easy to hunt for gems so you can rush through the levels.

You find chests that give you parts. Once you have all the parts for a knack you can use that knack. You need 10 diamonds to use diamond knack I can't remember how many you need for the others. The chests are hidden but most are easy to find without a guide. What you find in the chests is random but if you have friends that have played it you can select what they found in that chest instead which makes getting the parts you need quicker. Diamonds your friends have found do not appear though. You haven't missed getting them because you'll likely have to do multiple playthrough to get enough diamonds as their spawn rate is really low. I did 3 and a half in the end. There is a farming method so you don't have to do as many playthrough but I found that even slower than just playing the game

2 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

You can randomly find gems in chests before collecting all the gadgets but after you've collected all the gadgets you'll only find gems. Sadly after you've collected a gem set you can still find worthless duplicates gems for a set you've already completed, so this grind can take awhile.

I was wondering the same thing, thanks for the info.

44 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

But, so, if I add someone who already has the gems/relics I need, I will get them earlier?

When you find a gem/relic you get a menu that shows what you got and what you're friends got in that chest. If you simply press confirm you get what you obtained, but if you scroll through the list you can obtain what you're friends got instead of what you got.

Example: You open a chest and you get a red gem which you already have the Knack associated to that gem unlocked. But you have a friend who got a green gem that you're still collecting to unlock the green knack. You can then switch the red gem for the green one in this situation.

2 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

The best thing to do would be getting all the gadget parts (Since I just can't get relics without getting them from my friends), and then the relics from my friends while doing other playthroughs on the same difficult, right? 

It's all luck based. In the beginning the probability of gaining a gadget part is higher than a gem/relic. Once you have every gadget part then you only obtain gems/relics.

You have to play in the same difficulty because if you change it you have to start from the beginning, collecting everything again (any knack unlocked is still unlocked but gadgets don't stay unlocked and the gems go back to 0).

Also the chests are only saved after confirming what you get. If you close the game while on the friend menu, when you return you'll find the chest closed and can open it to obtain something else (do note that you'll always start from the beginning of the chapter when you load your last save).

I personally got everything in 1 and a half playthrough on hard. Got lucky and obtained 6 diamonds (the only gem that you can't obtain from friends) while playing normally and got the last 4 after farming diamonds using chests that appear in the beginning of chapters like Chapter 8-3: Heavy Machinery by closing the game to reopen them.

3 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

The best thing to do would be getting all the gadget parts (Since I just can't get relics without getting them from my friends), and then the relics from my friends while doing other playthroughs on the same difficult, right? 

The best thing to do would be read this: 

Using the app/game, you could get all the relics out of the way except Diamond and a whole bunch of the gadgets. 

• 2 weeks later...

All the upgrades will come easily except diamond knack. Diamonds are pretty rare and don't appear where your friends find them. You can keep playing multiple playthroughs or farm boxes near the start of a chapter. You must press continue after completing the game as starting a new game will reset your gadgets and crystals.