Metal Gear Survive Trophy Thoughts?

Nexuds121

1 minute ago, Dorroile said:

It's always weird to see the cringy boner some people have for Kojima. Honestly, after the way he treated David Hayter, i hope Metal Gear Survive sells well, just as a slap in the face to Kojima - what goes around comes around, etc.

That pissed me off a LOT too, but with all the controversy, it may not have been Kojima who made the decision at all.  

I think Konami did it to be honest.

They practically made Kojima a slave to the game, I mean mgs5 barely feels like kojimas directing. I've always theorized they had a second director and that's why the cutscenes didn't look like Kojimas work. Hell almost half the game didn't feel like Kojimas work. 

• Like 2

Not sure I even care any more Kojima murdered MGS with 4 and then desecrated its corpse with 5, this is just Konami looting the desecrated corpse now. 

That pissed me off a LOT too, but with all the controversy, it may not have been Kojima who made the decision at all.

Don't rewrite history he says directly in the interview Kojima was trying to get rid of him since 2.

Edited by Tusked-Lattice

Just now, Dav9834 said:

I think Konami did it to be honest.

They practically made Kojima a slave to the game, I mean mgs5 barely feels like kojimas directing. I've always theorized they had a second director and that's why the cutscenes didn't look like Kojimas work. Hell almost half the game didn't feel like Kojimas work. 

Let's be real, Kojima 100% made the decision to let Hayter go despite how iconic he was. Keep in mind that Kojima has always had an obsession with Hollywood, and with how badly he was allocating the budget for MGSV, he probably saw a chance to hire a B-list actor to pal around with.

And keep in mind that in MGS 1-3, Kojima had help from a co-writer... and then after said cowriter mysteriously disappeared, we got the narrative trainwrecks that were MGS4 and 5. I think a lot of the Kojima hero worship is sorely misplaced, because the moment he actually takes control with nobody to reel him in, he ends up creating some real disasters. He's like a Peter Molyneux with less self-control.

1 hour ago, Dorroile said:

Let's be real, Kojima 100% made the decision to let Hayter go despite how iconic he was. Keep in mind that Kojima has always had an obsession with Hollywood, and with how badly he was allocating the budget for MGSV, he probably saw a chance to hire a B-list actor to pal around with.

And keep in mind that in MGS 1-3, Kojima had help from a co-writer... and then after said cowriter mysteriously disappeared, we got the narrative trainwrecks that were MGS4 and 5. I think a lot of the Kojima hero worship is sorely misplaced, because the moment he actually takes control with nobody to reel him in, he ends up creating some real disasters. He's like a Peter Molyneux with less self-control.

B list actor? Sutherland? 

Ya 4 wasn't my favorite but it still felt like mgs to me. 5 did not. 

With everything that went down with Konami, I believe we know little. It might take a decade for more information to come out when a lot of people have gone to other projects and their jobs are secured. 

4 hours ago, Starlove- said:

Bless your soul for taking the piss out of some of the cringe fanboys. Fuck Konami for charging 10 dollars for an extra save slot, though. 

I think you know I am just joking, but I really liked the beta. I might get this game lol...

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up

On 2/21/2018 at 0:55 AM, NaseemJohn said:

To my knowledge Kojima is a Jesus like figure and apparently made metal gear by himself. Seriously tho I don’t get why everyone is mad. Do you guys have some sort of personal attachment to Kojima? 

No. It's not Kojima or anything personal against him. It's Konami. There the ones who put that man down and preventing him to attend Gaming Awards 2015 back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Apparently this was left inthe game by the devs ?

i9KzpV0.jpg

Whichever dev slipped this better hope they don’t get caught, or they will be cleaning the toilets at one of Konami’s health clubs or working nightime security at a pachinco machine factory for the rest of their career. 

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/vvbaj4/konami-developers-were-asked-to-clean-gyms-work-at-pachinko-machine-factory

• Like 3

On 2/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, Tusked-Lattice said:

Don't rewrite history he says directly in the interview Kojima was trying to get rid of him since 2.

YES!!!

To be honest, Kojima and Konami deserve each other. I wish both could just disappear in a black hole. They both act like 5-year-olds. Kojima is a prima donna who thinks that everyone who works for him is beholden unto him. He demands credit for every little contribution from every employee (hell - even the little irish theme at the end of Metal Gear Solid is credited to him). Konami is the same way, but just as a company.