When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

Once I finish my PS3 backlog (which still grows from time to time), it probably won't see much more use...

Backlog:

Spoiler

Disgaea 4

Ar tonelico Qoga

Ar nosurge

Cross Edge

Fairy Fencer F

Mugen Souls Z

Hyperdimension Neptunia V

The Guided Fate Paradox

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

Atelier Meruru

Record of Agarest War Zero

Record of Agarest War 2

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Resonance of Fate

Dishonored

Naruto Storm Generations

Naruto Storm 3

Time & Eternity

Prototype

Prototype 2

Assassin's Creed II

Mini Ninjas

X-Blades

Prince of Persia

Deus Ex: Human Revolution -Directer's Cut-

Brink

The Saboteur

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

However I'll always keep it, I still have my original "fat" model, it's sentimental. :P 

• Like 1

Until complete to 100% all my favorite PS3 games that I have.

I'm really tired of the cheaters in PS3, for example, i play GTA Online, but i play alone to avoid that some "hacker" erase my progress/stats in this game, but i like play alone and i don't get bored, this is good, and also i like single-player games and that keeps me entertained. :)

EDIT: In addition, on PS3 there are many good single-player games, and if i discover any of those games that I still don't know then I will play that game on my PS3, and i will not stop playing GTA Online on PS3 until i buy a PS4 to play the most complete version of Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online, without cheaters. :) 

Edited by LeoHdez888
Additional comment.

3 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Once I finish my PS3 backlog (which still grows from time to time), it probably won't see much more use...

Backlog:

Reveal hidden contents

Disgaea 4

Ar tonelico Qoga

Ar nosurge

Cross Edge

Fairy Fencer F

Mugen Souls Z

Hyperdimension Neptunia V

The Guided Fate Paradox

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

Atelier Meruru

Record of Agarest War Zero

Record of Agarest War 2

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Resonance of Fate

Dishonored

Naruto Storm Generations

Naruto Storm 3

Time & Eternity

Prototype

Prototype 2

Assassin's Creed II

Mini Ninjas

X-Blades

Prince of Persia

Deus Ex: Human Revolution -Directer's Cut-

Brink

The Saboteur

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

However I'll always keep it, I still have my original "fat" model, it's sentimental. :P 

You're lucky, my fat ps3 has died more than 6 years ago. Have a Super Slim since June of 2013

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

You're lucky, my fat ps3 has died more than 6 years ago. Have a Super Slim since June of 2013

I know, I got my PS3 in around... 2008, I think? So it's at least 10 years old, honestly I'm surprised it still works myself (I've opened it up to clean it a couple times, but that's it). :D 

I guess once they stop any kind of trophy syncing, or once I run out of games to play/plat on the system. However, I don't think either of these things will happen. Unless Sony goes under and stops all services for the Playstation brand, I'm sure trophy syncing will always exist. And even if I run out of new games to play, I'm sure there's going to be games I'll want to revisit that don't get ported. Off the top of my head I can think of a few. Like Lollipop Chainsaw, Zone of the Enders HD, Tales of Graces f, Metal Gear Solid 4, Persona 4 Arena, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

So, probably never. Just like how I still play my Genesis from time to time, I'm sure my PS3 will be the same.

• Like 1

I actually wouldn't mind never playing a game for trophies on ps3 again. I still have a few games on my ps3 backlog but I would much rather play on ps4 at this point. Sure I do get game crashes as well on PS4 but not nearly as often, the load times faster, graphics better, easier to stream from, trophies sync faster, messages more organized etc. Heck the last few ps3 games I played for trophies I lost game data and had to start over or got stuck in an auto save in an impassible state. Might just be bad luck but it just worries me every time i play it now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedSkyKing said:

You wouldn't think it'd be a costly service to keep running, if that'd be the problem to shut it down 1f914.png

You should read entire posts. There's usually helpful information in them. I specifically said that that should never happen.

Just now, ExHaseo said:

You should read entire posts. There's usually helpful information in them. I specifically said that that should never happen.

Yes. I did. I am just speculating, and I was curing to hear what you would say as to why you'd think they ever would shut down trophy syncing.

I'm curious, are you trying to act like an asshole?

• Like 1

I'm seriously contemplating picking up a 3rd ps3 before a new one becomes less affordable. Right now they're almost the same price as psvr/ps4-pro when those have been discounted which really isn't great, I should have jumped on it when they were being cleared out for $100-200. My 60GB model is still going strong, slim one is still good too, but in the back of my head I'm always thinking 'I hope these systems last long enough for me to go through all these games'. There's really no end in sight, I could be going for another decade as long as I still have a working system.

• Like 1