When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

I don't think I'll ever stop playing mine. I'm so glad I kept it and didn't trade it in when I got a PS4, alot of my friends did and they regret it! I love going back to it and playing the old titles, plus I still have a huge backlog to get through on it aswell lol

If the FFXIII trilogy ever gets a PS4 (or later gen console) port then it's lifespan will be limited. Until then I'll play it until it breaks. Although it's usage will probably decrease once I platinum KH2, Saw, and restart Yakuza 3 on this account. 

already have. its hooked up in my bedroom but I rarely use it. if I do its for movies. most gaming I do is in the living area.

that being said I haven't used it in a long time. however I have 3 backlog games I want to play on it, Vanquish, Fear 2 (maybe 3 as well), and Far cry 3. unless I import it for ps4. but that's it.

RIP ps3. lol

• 4 weeks later...

My PS3 wishlist is getting to an end. I am playing Dragon age origins right now and I guess DA2 will follow and I am planning one more playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy (such a shame there is no remaster of it). But after that my PS3 will most likely just stay were it is and getting the dust removed once in a while^^. I won't sell it or anything, I love to have the option to get back to some stuff or maybe I stumble upon a game I had not on the radar and is worth playing :)

Edited by Savyna
  • Like 1

Back in the days when PS2 got released I sold my PSX. A mistake I'll never do again. Although I haven't played on my PS2 in at least the last 6 years, I still own it, while it  simply stands inside the closet. Same will happen with the PS3. But honestly I can't see this happening in the nearby future. I still have to play many many games on it and there's still new stuff incoming. I just got mine in 2012, so there's lots of titles I missed out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not likely to happen anytime soon.  My backlog is ridiculous, just in games I've never started, let alone games I haven't finished.  I've only played about 3 hours of ME2 despite owning the entire PS3 series, and I have a ton of other RPGs, just as a genre for instance, so realistically it's going to be at least 3 more years.

• Like 1

I have about 50 games that I own on disc format and still have the urge to play. Classics like Deus Ex, Xcom,  GTA 4, and Mass Effect 3, games that still hold up. I have maybe 20 more digital games to play too. Maybe another 20 that I intend to buy sometime if I ever find them used or in a PSN sale. 

Out of my 112 PS3 games, I have platinumed or completed (to where the only trophies left are multiplayer or DLC I wont buy)  42 games, 38%. a good portion of that I just have 1 or 2 trophies left to beat it on hard mode or whatever and a couple others I have the plat but I also have the DLC, (Fallout 3 and NV) so theres still some work to do. I would say I am 50% there to completing everything.

• Like 1

I only got ps3 very late in the cycle (a little while before getting ps4). I've played all the games I want to o it, and haven't booted it up since I finished Tales of Symphonia (and gave up on the plat). Don't really see myself playing it much, but it'll stay plugged in until I get another console (PS5 if Sony reverse their new censorship policy, otherwise something else). This is unlikely to be for a year or two after next gen releases though, still have a lot of PS4 games to play (and buy second hand and trade in unless that censorship policy is changed).