When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

13 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Might do that too. I think some buttons can never work though like the PS button so you can't pause mid game and send messages etc etc. Also I haven't played with a ps4 controller so I don't know if it's better or not or if I'll get used to it, I will try this though if necessary ?

You can play with a ps4 controller without buying any additional things you can use it plugged into a usb cord or pair it as a Bluetooth devices. This does work I’ve done it. Only the rumble function does not work.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually thinking of buying a used one to play some of the games I never got to play. Like Demons Souls and Red Dead Redemption. And some other games probably... Hopefully my trophies can still sync up to my PSN. Some comment before said the servers could be gone and no more syncing of trophies will take place after some time. Idk, maybe I read it wrong.

If there's a PS3 RPG I want to take on, I'll check if it's available through the PS Store first.  If it's cheaper than the physical copy, then I'll just download the digital one and play on PS4.  Otherwise, I'd break out the PS3 and get to work.  Sad thing is, I've been using my headset to chat with PS4 players.  That, plus easy set-ups for streaming on Twitch means sparing myself a lot of money to get the same social aspect for PS3 titles.  If I keep this up, I'll probably sell or trade-in my system sooner than I think.

I am going trough the exclusivities mostly when it comes to the PS3 so once im done with the exclusivities i want to play then ill stop using it. That is not for anytime soon as i still have lots of games to go through. Once the exclusivities are done, MAYBE ill replay some of the games i loved on 360 and earn trophies for them since its always fun to unlock stuff, wich i already done on Xbox. I actually did this already but realized its slowing me down too much so ill stop doing it at the moment. 

I still have PLENTY of 360 games to do as well. So im far from done with the seventh gen and if the video game industry keep going in the direction its going at the moment (lootboxes, "live services", broken games etc) i am happy i have so much to play still on the 7th gen. Cause my 8th gen backlog is nowhere as big as the one i STILL HAVE for the 7th gen imagine that, and i play the 7th gen since 2006 and its been "done" since 2013 pretty much.

Now i just hope the online services remain open on the 7th gen. Im not worried too much for Xbox as they are big on backward compatibility but Sony... we never know. Yes there is the "patten" but until we know for sure i don't trust that too much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll stop playing the PS3 when I've finished my backlog.  However, there are so many good deals on great PS3 games that my backlog keeps expanding. ?

Realistically, the PSN support for PS3 may go away after the PS5 ships.  Nobody knows when PS5 will ship, but it could be 2020 or so.  I'd better finish my backlog by then. ?

Edited by FlatwellSequoia
  • Like 1

Apart from my miniscule backlog (which I'll finish this year or next), my only "exclusives", and thus the only reason I keep it around, are the MGS games and a select few retail titles like the Saw games or Alice: Madness Returns.

If what I hear about PS5 and backwards compatibility is true, it will be well and truly OBSOLETE and ready for DELETION (aka being sold for pennies on the dollar on a local listing site). It's a good little machine and all but I'm not sentimental about consoles.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...