MidnightDragon

When will you stop playing PS3?

367 posts in this topic

Considering that the game I am currently trying to platinum is a PS3 game....lol. I still visit it every once in a while to clear a title from the old backlog. I seldom buy “new” games for it. 

Until I get confirmation that PS5 will support backward compatibility and be able to play PS3 discs. Until then, I will keep the console hooked up and ready to go!

I'll stop playing PS3 games when I finish all the ones I have. Even though I told myself I finished buying games for it, I ended up buying a bunch recently. Luckily they're not very long games.

Until i plat every game i have and i have to pretty hard ones, max payne 3, vanquish, Mgs saga, bayonetta. (Yes i know i like to suffer, what can i do)

On 11/6/2018 at 8:58 AM, djb5f said:

Pretty much 3 years ago.

Once in a blue moon I will clean up a random trophy I never got but can’t remember the last game I started new.

Almost 4 years ago now outside a random thing here or there.

This is a question I ask myself a lot. I think at least 3-5 years. Luckily, I only have a few games left to get on PS3 that I want to play.

Posted (edited)

I suspect servers for PS3 will START being shut down in the following 12 months after the PS5 is released (it's a lot of extra networking and cost to keep up a service that at that point will be TWO generations old). I figure all online services for PS3 will be permanently disconnected by the 24 month mark after the PS5 releases.

So that said: I'm going to try to beat all the games in my PS3 library by then (that gives me 2-3 years).

To be honest: I'm a retro gamer as much as a modern gamer (maybe even more so), and I have no interest in stopping playing my PS3 until I have too. And even then. After I've gotten all my games beaten and whatever trophies earned - I will probably STILL return to my system at different points over the years (even without the online support/trophies) just to replay favorites Like Tales of Graces F and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I actually have THREE PS3's. One is my main system, and the other two are 'offline only' hacked (CFW) BC launch PS3's for playing PS2 Backups (ISOs) - so I already have a good Idea of what our PS3's will be like to use when the services, trophies, store are shut off.

Edited by Fragtaster

Likely, never. I have a good bunch of unplayed PS3 games (like between 30 and 35). Enough to keep me going for years, specially now that life begins to collect her toll on me (obligations, house, payments).

dont plan to stop at all also since i wont buy ps5 it will be more important for me regarding my backlog.

I stopped playing it the moment they stopped releasing DLC trophies for Minecraft PS3.

Probably never.  Loading up South Park The Stick of Truth right now.

In a week or two. Currently playing Fallout 3 which is the last PS3 game I’ll ever play.

I actually returned to PS3 games thanks to PS Now. I love playing them with the DS4 controller. Still hope the PS5 will bring backwards compatibility. 

On 8/14/2019 at 11:40 PM, djb5f said:

Almost 4 years ago now outside a random thing here or there.

PS3 is largely a dust collector at this point.  Still may finish up something I started at some point, but no new games for many years now.

I don't think I'll ever stop playing on the PS3 unless the PS5 has backwards compatibility, lots of great memories were created on that console for me and I still have a lot of games to play since I made this new account.

Gonna keep playing the PS3 from time to time until they shut down the servers for it. Can always find a cheap game for it and have fun.

I can’t stop playing PS3 cause, I love Call of Duty all season in ps3 and I’m still enjoying when I played 

I've stopped getting new games for the PS3.  Once I've completed my remaining backlog of about 15 games or so I'll probably get rid of it.

Ha! Back to the PS3! I'm playing DJ Hero 2 (amazingly, the servers are still up for that game).

Only when I plat everything that I want and have for the PS3, so it will be a loooooong time until then. 

Made an Excel file to get an overview of how many games including DLC I have on my backlog per system.

206 PS3 games and 137 Vita games before either system can be retired. 😅

why would any1 stop using any system? im still playing snes and dreamcast games alongside ps4 and 2ds games...whatever i feel like

Edited by MeteoraXV