When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

I been on halt for months since my PS3 got broken but i do intend to get a another system to continue play my backlog that i still perserve and still got a few titles here and there but barely looking for more PS3 games cause i already got all i want . 

Waiting to see if the PS5 gonna to do backwards retrocompatilibty from PS1 to PS3 , so i don't need to buy a PS2 and PS3. to play all my PS1 and PS2 games also.

Edited by Sigma999

WHEN THEY PRY MY CONTROLLER FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!

lol actually man, america sony really is trying to kill this system badly. they quit updating ps plus, for everyone. the "deals" are usually 4 games a month compared to europe that gets like 40 or more games. some of our games get removed like expendables i had to buy on a uk account. the store has been crap ever since they gave it the update years ago. the ps3 cant handle the gui graphics and often freezes and is just slow to browse. i feel like its lagging me on purpose to encourage me to move on. the original old layout i use to browse games for days and buy stuff. but i have a huge backlog. supposedly support for ps3 was suppose to end next year. if it does i dont know how much thatll impact games and servers. they let ps2 run extremely long. i can even connect to ps2 battlefield on my ps3 and find 9 players still playing for some reason. guess they really like the game lol. with 6 ps3s i dont plan on stopping for a while. i have tons of unplayed games and alot more to buy with their cheap prices

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

the store has been crap ever since they gave it the update years ago. the ps3 cant handle the gui graphics and often freezes and is just slow to browse. i feel like its lagging me on purpose to encourage me to move on. the original old layout i use to browse games for days and buy stuff. 

Best way for me to get round this, is to purchase items from the store from a laptop, then go to view downloads when on the PS3. Means you only have to sit through one slow loading screen when opening the store :)

• Like 3

I'm going to keep playing it for quite a while yet. There are still a lot of games I want to play (and replay) on it. Given how cheap the games are, and since when I got mine with it came with several games, I've managed to buy up quite a backlog and I don't want to leave most of them unplayed. The other thing is that I want to try and get as many trophies as I can from it before they shut down the trophy servers which hopefully won't happen for a long while yet. 

Just looking at the list of games I want to finish, there's Tales of Xillia 1 (and 2), Dragon's Dogma, the Jak and Daxter trilogy, Singularity, the Final Fantasy 13 trilogy (at least the first one), Folklore, 3D Dot Game Heroes and also the Bioshock trilogy (replay) and Max Payne 3 (replay). I'll also need to use it for Persona 3 FES. I've also noticed, looking at the PS3's library, that there are quite a few "one and done" FPSes that aren't too long, and it seems that games like that (stuff like Singularity and the CoD campaigns) don't get made as often anymore. Given how much I like games like that, it's just another reason to keep using the system. 

On 8/15/2019 at 1:06 AM, Fragtaster said:

I suspect servers for PS3 will START being shut down in the following 12 months after the PS5 is released (it's a lot of extra networking and cost to keep up a service that at that point will be TWO generations old). I figure all online services for PS3 will be permanently disconnected by the 24 month mark after the PS5 releases.

So that said: I'm going to try to beat all the games in my PS3 library by then (that gives me 2-3 years).

To be honest: I'm a retro gamer as much as a modern gamer (maybe even more so), and I have no interest in stopping playing my PS3 until I have too. And even then. After I've gotten all my games beaten and whatever trophies earned - I will probably STILL return to my system at different points over the years (even without the online support/trophies) just to replay favorites Like Tales of Graces F and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I actually have THREE PS3's. One is my main system, and the other two are 'offline only' hacked (CFW) BC launch PS3's for playing PS2 Backups (ISOs) - so I already have a good Idea of what our PS3's will be like to use when the services, trophies, store are shut off.

• Like 4

Not for a while. Currently playing through Ghostbusters, and I have longterm backlogged saves on countless games like Mass Effect 2, Force Unleashed, etc. I've a pile of Lego games I could easily sink a few enjoyable hours into, same with Gran Turismo 5. The main thing holding me back is that I much prefer the DS4 ergonomics to its predecessor's.

• 4 weeks later...

I have eight bullets to go:

- Spec Ops: The Line

- ICO 

- Shadow of the Colossus

- Okami

- God of War

- GoW II

- GoW: Chains of Olympus

- GoW: Ghost of Sparta

After that, I ll give it the rest that deserves for years of loyal duty. Great machine. So, may be a year but, as others have said, until the servers closing or no syncro for trophies.

• Like 2

Have respect for those of you still keeping that machine going... adult life gives me no time to get through my PS4 list, let alone consider returning for my PS3 backlog! I did buy Fallout: New Vegas' complete DLC on the cheap a while back and have been meaning to at least finish those. I say that, then buy a couple of PS4 games ?

Until they stop caring for it.

Such as not updating it anymore and shutting down the syncing feature so you can no longer sync trophies via PS3. Anything like that would probably put me off using it, or I still might but only to watch Blu-ray movies or play media on it. 

• Like 2