When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

On 17/11/2019 at 4:07 AM, iceblade997 said:

I'm going to keep playing it for quite a while yet. There are still a lot of games I want to play (and replay) on it. Given how cheap the games are, and since when I got mine with it came with several games, I've managed to buy up quite a backlog and I don't want to leave most of them unplayed. The other thing is that I want to try and get as many trophies as I can from it before they shut down the trophy servers which hopefully won't happen for a long while yet. 

Just looking at the list of games I want to finish, there's Tales of Xillia 1 (and 2), Dragon's Dogma, the Jak and Daxter trilogy, Singularity, the Final Fantasy 13 trilogy (at least the first one), Folklore, 3D Dot Game Heroes and also the Bioshock trilogy (replay) and Max Payne 3 (replay). I'll also need to use it for Persona 3 FES. I've also noticed, looking at the PS3's library, that there are quite a few "one and done" FPSes that aren't too long, and it seems that games like that (stuff like Singularity and the CoD campaigns) don't get made as often anymore. Given how much I like games like that, it's just another reason to keep using the system. 

Thank you so much for this. The four ps4s is good too

• Like 1

One of my two PS3s was dead when I started it up yesterday.

I can only turn it on and off with powerbutton. There's no power on USB ports. Safe Mode isn't available.

I did some research and came to the conclusion that it's the GPU that's causing it.

It was a SuperSlim I bought as a backup around the time the PS4 released.

I've done all my gaming since then on a Slim so I expected that one to YLOD/GLOD first.

This is what worries me, you can't trust the hardware anymore.

Hopefully Sony includes a PS3 Emulator in their PS5 Backwards Compatability plans.

It would be nice if you could download and play your PS3 library on PS5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still play my mega drive (genesis) so why should I ever stop playing ps3 or any other of my systems. There is so much fomo in the air nowadays that things that are perfectly fine are declared obsolete as soon as the next shiny thing is available.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 16/03/2020 at 3:33 PM, charxsetsuna said:

When I plat, skyrim , fallout 3 and new Vegas, dragon age origins and 2, g1 jockey , gran turismo 6,  final fantasy13, multiple dynasty warriors list goes on.

Never, its never happening . I have too many unfinished games from my old psn I want to do on my new one.

I'm similar, got some games I want to play on my new psn. I also have the Dynasty warriors games ?

I've been playing my PS3 more recently. I'm going to keep playing until PSN connection from PS3 is disabled, which I hope isn't for a while as long as they still have PS3 games on PSNow since they do have custom PS3 hardware for it. I currently have 4 PS3s but I'm planning on buying another PS3 sometime this year.

• 4 weeks later...

When I'm done with my backlog, It's not that big (about 10 titles), but going back to a console with no sleep mode... I have to work myself up to it. Some of these games are huge rpgs (fallout 3/nv, FFXIII-2, Lightning Returns, Mass Effect 1). My controller is on it's last legs.

I still hold out hope that some of the games I've got to do will get remastered.

Edited by Bratinov
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamehelp said:

Plug your PS4 controller into your PS3, use the official sony cable, might motivate you to start playing some more on PS3 :) , it surprisingly works, wouldn't have believed anyone unless I did it myself.

I did try once, two years ago, got very mixed results. No harm in trying again I suppose :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be dipping into mine for a few years yet I think unless it dies or the BC on newer gens covers PS3. There's still a large collection of games that I would like to experience even if a lot of the servers have gone. With more and more remasters occurring though, that PS3 backlog does slowly go lower and lower.

I’m actually hoping to be done it by the end of the year, where I will then move on explicitly to PS4 and 5. I’ve had a good run with it though, my backlog to play is:

LA Noire

Jaks 2 and 3

FF X-2

Lightning Returns

Class of Heroes 2G

Dishonoured

Yakuza series

Retro City Rampage

3 LEGOs (Hobbit, Jurassic, Pirates)
Thief

Record of Agarest War

Far Cry Series

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I’m actually hoping to be done it by the end of the year, where I will then move on explicitly to PS4 and 5. I’ve had a good run with it though, my backlog to play is:

LA Noire

Jaks 2 and 3

FF X-2

Lightning Returns

Class of Heroes 2G

Dishonoured

Yakuza series

Retro City Rampage

3 LEGOs (Hobbit, Jurassic, Pirates)
Thief

Record of Agarest War

Far Cry Series

Some of those are on ps4.  Unless you're aiming to stack trophy sets, you can cut away half your list

Once I've cleaned up my PS3 trophy list and gotten to titles I've bought for the system but have yet to play. At that point, I'll probably retire it or just have only stuff impossible to get installed for the odd play (Scott Pilgrim, Simpsons Arcade, etc). That said, my poor old system is starting to chug a bit on start up. Would really like the PS5 or beyond to have complete PSN BC, but until that pipe dream comes true, I guess I'll look into getting another.

• Like 1