When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

I wonder of DS5 will work with PS3 by any chance because the only reason I couldnt really enjoy my PS3 is all my DS3 are crap, all my DS4 is becoming crap. Might just have to buy a fake DS3. Still too many games I want to play on PS3. ><

I still have monster backlog of PS3 games I want to to through... I don't think I will stop playing PS3 that easily, but the issue is finding time to play on PS3 because there are so many wonderful games all over the place.

5 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

THEY NEED TO STOP MAKING ONLINE TROPHIES UNLESS THEYRE WILLING TO HAVE AN ACTIVE SERVER ON FOREVER.. 

Preach it, brother.

I made the decision to not buy any new ps3 games. Will still probably take a few years to finish all i have left but otherwise it would be a never ending story. Hopefully i will finish it in the future so i can go back to ps3 occasionally for the memories, just like i'm doing it with the ps2.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I have decided I will retire the PS3 once I get a PS5. Not getting the PS5 for a while, so still gonna be a while. 

I actually like this idea. I think I'll try to handle this the very same way. Finishing all PS3 Games before moving on to the next generation. Still a very long way to go then...

Lately i have dusted off my PS3 and gone back and downloaded a ton of my PS+ games and looked at my backlogged and its going to be a long while for me to get through my digital and physical copies of PS3 games. Also there are many more games on the second hand market that are still be sold so there seems to be many more years of life for the good old PS3. I wouldn't be surprised if i was still playing PS3 5-10 years from now, as long as my consoles still work and my controllers don't die. 

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 1

Guess I've enough for the next 3 years (36 PS3 games in backlog & 27 PS3 games on to buy list)
After finishing with PS3, I can get a PS5, because I can connect 2 consoles only on my TV without changing cables
and haven't space to put a 3rd console on my TV shelf.

• Like 1

I probably won't get a PS5 till I'm done my PS3 backlog either, which will probably take another 3 or so years, especially at the pace I'm currently going (super slow).

I really need to clear off one of my "bigger" console's backlogs to make space for a PS5 anyway. I currently have 8 consoles hooked up to my TV, there's literally no room for an extra console, nor any more free ports in my TV unless I get another HDMI split. I'll probably be done my Wii U backlog before my PS3, but that doesn't take up much room, doubt it'll make enough space for the PS5, especially with how gigantic it seems like it'll be. I'll likely wait till a slim version, I've gotten most of my consoles at or near launch over the years, and I can't say I was pleased about really getting any of them within the launch period (except maybe the Gamecube), 'cause a lot of them didn't really start to have a good library till 1-2 years into their lifespan anyway.

I'll get a series x when I'm done or near done my Xbox One's backlog (and I know the rest of the games in my backlog are compatible with the Series X). Honestly the new Xbox seems more appealing to me this gen weirdly enough, when I've never been a massive fan of Xboxes (never had an original Xbox and didn't get a 360 till like 2011-2012), just based on the features that have been revealed so far anyway. PS5 definitely still has more interesting games though.

• Like 1

Well, let me put it this way. I still play my N64. lol

5 hours ago, microsamm said:

I can connect 2 consoles only on my TV without changing cables and haven't space to put a 3rd console on my TV shelf.

I literally just redid my entire room and although it's beachy/ocean themed, the entire idea centered around the fact that I was running out of space to put my video games. lol I just bought this baby! For scale, the TV in the center is a 50-inch. ?

p635e-20-22-68-90_pro20191.jpg

I stopped when PS4 came out. I had a massive backlog of games that I thought I would play and then never got to them so sold them all and the console not long after. I have a backlog of PS4 games that I would really like to get through so think I will still play when I get the PS5 at launch.

I'll just echo what a lot have said and that's when I'm done with the plats I want to get. I have it hooked up upstairs so I don't play it much but I'll get there eventually. I actually recently went back and platted la noire so there is that haha

• Like 2

I've skipped the PS4 gen because of college and money issues, so my PS3 and Nintendo consoles are still very active. I buy new games every once in a while and I plan on keep doing so even after I get the PS5 later this year. I got my first job back in january and I have been saving since then so I never have to skip a generation again :)

Edited by Joao-OLVR
  • Like 1

Why would anyone ever stop playing Ps3? It has an absolutely amazing catalogue of games and I’d imagine most people like myself have only tried a sliver of them.

I certainly won’t be stopping any time soon. I just picked up a really awesome stack of PS3 games the other day! ?

For the next little while I’m going to try to juggle 1 PS4 game, 1 PS3 game at a time because I have loads to play on both platforms. Yippee!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...