When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

• 3 weeks later...

When my console dies or server shut down. Console seems to be struggling with fps on all games and it's not the system storage so probably not long now. Though has done well for a launch system ?

Edited by Nelius

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'll play Life is Strange (100plat) this december, but then I'll have to find a store with cheap box versions. I wanted to buy every title digitally, but I won't pay full price, so... (I'm collecting PS4 boxes only, didn't want to bother with last gen retail versions, but it seems I'll have to).

Sometime in September of 2014. That is when I got my PS4 and haven't touched it since, sadly!! Don't own any of the old games, other than digital copies I purchased. Mostly due to GameFly, but also from trading the ones I owned in. Long story short, my completion percentage is shite and will definitely be staying that way ?? Just glad that doesn't bother me like it does for many!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Sometime in September of 2014. That is when I got my PS4 and haven't touched it since, sadly!! Don't own any of the old games, other than digital copies I purchased. Mostly due to GameFly, but also from trading the ones I owned in. Long story short, my completion percentage is shite and will definitely be staying that way 1f601.png1f602.png Just glad that doesn't bother me like it does for many!!

Your 58% game completion is nothing compared to my 36% ? As for the topic, I haven't had a PS3 since I've got the PS4 in 2017, but I want to buy a PS3 again soon-ish, maybe in a year or so.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 2:37 AM, MidnightDragon said:

For those of you who still play your PS3, when do you think you’ll stop doing so? It's still going to be a long while for me. 

PS3 is awesome, I have no idea why Sony have decided that they are so embarrassed with it they have to remove the games from the web Store. I really don't care about graphics if the story and gameplay are great. Case in point, Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games of all time, and I only started and Platinumed that in 2017. 

Games are so cheap second hand and I keep coming across titles I have never heard of but sound awesome. I was always going to get a PS4 but held off until 2016 as I really didn't think there were enough games to justify it until then. I will probably get a PS5 in a a couple of years once the price comes down but honestly, I keep hearing that PS3 was a disaster: I consider PS4 a disaster more than PS3 - there were practically no games I was interested in for two years after launch. PS5 will almost certainly be the same, I'm not paying to get backwards compatibility while I have a huge number of PS4 games I haven't even played yet.    

I'll stop playing PS3 when I have played all the great games I still don't know about, which I can probably pick up for less than a couple of quid in most cases. 

43 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I recommend everyone get's 3 or 4 PS3's in case one dies, I bought back a couple from Tokyo for this purpose this year. Pretty cheap as well.

I literally bought a second hand one this year because my old one died. £80 well spent.

On 2/18/2018 at 2:53 AM, ferginator88 said:

I'll play it until the disable the servers!

That would be the biggest douchebag move of all time. I hope Sony execs didn't read this and get any ideas....

• Like 1

Considering I just bought God of War Ascension today from a used game store after I told myself I was done buying PS3 titles, I guess never (or at least once I've finished the PS3 games I do have, I realistically won't be able to spend the time I used to playing on it eventually)

19 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

PS3 is awesome, I have no idea why Sony have decided that they are so embarrassed with it they have to remove the games from the web Store. I really don't care about graphics if the story and gameplay are great. Case in point, Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games of all time, and I only started and Platinumed that in 2017. 

Games are so cheap second hand and I keep coming across titles I have never heard of but sound awesome. I was always going to get a PS4 but held off until 2016 as I really didn't think there were enough games to justify it until then. I will probably get a PS5 in a a couple of years once the price comes down but honestly, I keep hearing that PS3 was a disaster: I consider PS4 a disaster more than PS3 - there were practically no games I was interested in for two years after launch. PS5 will almost certainly be the same, I'm not paying to get backwards compatibility while I have a huge number of PS4 games I haven't even played yet.    

I'll stop playing PS3 when I have played all the great games I still don't know about, which I can probably pick up for less than a couple of quid in most cases. 

I literally bought a second hand one this year because my old one died. £80 well spent.

That would be the biggest douchebag move of all time. I hope Sony execs didn't read this and get any ideas....

Honestly I just wanted a red and a white one, both really cheap and will play JP ps1 games.