MidnightDragon

When will you stop playing PS3?

360 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Every now and then. I barely bother hooking it up, rather play PS4 and Vita stuff.

I'm all gen through and through and only playing current would drive me bananas! 😁 I've spent the last few hours playing "Syberia" on my PS3 it's been nice ☺️ 

For all the people who said when PSPlus stops offering them....Well you got a year! :giggle:

I just love that console. Heck I even made a thread saying it is the best console of all time. Even if I am done with all my backlog games I will turn it on from

time to time to play older games. With friends this console is a beast regarding the huge amount of great fighting games.

I more or less stopped. Killzone 2 brought me back only because of  The server shutdown otherwise it was I would occasionally maybe play something. Only games I really want to finish is Killzone HD, Killzone 3 other than that i can’t see myself really returning to it. Most of my time is spent on either the PS4 or Vita these days.

Edited by DarkSoleride

I recently counted that I have around 50+ games in my PS3 backlog, that's including PS Plus games I have downloaded, and PS1 games I've bought off the store. So I still see myself playing the PS3 for quite a few years to come, especially since a large chunk of the games in my PS3 backlog are RPGs.

My overall gaming backlog is pretty massive in general, I tend to get carried away with buying games I'm even just semi-interested in when they go on sale, or when I simply have some disposable income laying around. Literally the only systems that I still own (I've long since sold off my N64, PS1 and GBC) that I have no backlogs at all for is my Gamecube and my GBA. I have about 2 games in my PS2 backlog that I'm pretty sure I will never complete.

I probably won't stop playing for awhile but I will say going back to the PS3 after the PS4 makes the controller feel like a kids toy. It is just so small and light :P

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I probably won't stop playing for awhile but I will say going back to the PS3 after the PS4 makes the controller feel like a kids toy. It is just so small and light :P

I felt that way also after getting my PS4. It was kind of hard handling the PS3 controller. On topic though I did just buy a new PS3 controller so I can keep playing on it. 2 of my PS3 controllers seen there better day and my other is still functional but I believe I will need to replace that one also. 

I'll never stop playing on PlayStation 3. As long as there's games I want to play on it, I won't stop playing it.

22 games in my backlog I haven't started yet. If I want to revisit any of the classics I'd do it on PS4 since everything gets remastered this gen, plus more trophies.

Eventually we all have to move on at some point.  I honestly feel like i have played some of the best PS3 games already and thinking is time to move on.  Just waiting for (Darksiders 3) to be released.

Never. Why? Red Dead Redemption & GTA 4 alone are the reason why.

When most of the servers for the games I own go down I guess. I'm hoping it won't be for a while yet, as my backlog is HUGE! I'm slowly making my way through.

I didn’t consciously abandon it, but don’t think I’ve turned it on for at least a year - still set up, but the abundence of PS4 games in my backlog has kind of subtly pushed my PS3 into obscurity.

Was thinking recently that I should buy a few PS3s next time there is a good sale, just to have some boxed new ones incase my current one breaks (went through 4 during that generation due to laser burnout!) as I have a lot of games in my psn account for PS3...

Until i finish the last games i own

i remember Alien Isolation - doom 3 - kingdom hearts bbs and crysis 3 i think those are the last games i plan to play on my ps3 that's if i didn't forget more

Taking another look at my backlog, and games I haven't started/downloaded yet, probably in the year 2030.  Hopefully, the PS3 will still be kicking around then. 😀

One good thing is that the PS3 controllers are sure a lot better than the PS4 ones. 

Actually getting really close to finishing off my backlog! Once that is complete, I will retire my PS3 to a nice cozy spot in my attic, next to the Xbox 360. It'll be a sad day, but I'm excited to see where the PlayStation brand goes from the age of PS4 Pro. Hard to believe we're already five years into the PS4's life cycle.

never!! i still own MGS1, Crash 2 and 3 original, Medievil and Medievil 2, Tekken 3, CTR ... the nostalgia feeling 😅

Edited by pieroV_86

Still have a huuuuge amount of PS3 games to play so not anytime soon :P 

1 hour ago, Kurofur said:

Still have a huuuuge amount of PS3 games to play so not anytime soon :P 

Same here, over 80 games still to play on PS3 

As long as I can. Still got a huge backlog and stacks of unplayed games.

Though I wonder how long my console will stay alive.

Edited by Pershing24

Not played on my ps3 for a year,   will never sell it,      I got enough games for my vita, ps3 and ps4,  to probably last until I get Great nephews/nieces which means another 20+ years at least. 

Edited by one_more_name

I eventually go back to play old games I've never finished, missed playing, etc. on there. My backlog is ridiculous.

I will stop when i finish most if not all of my ps3 games, that's it