When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

53 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Every now and then. I barely bother hooking it up, rather play PS4 and Vita stuff.

I'm all gen through and through and only playing current would drive me bananas! ? I've spent the last few hours playing "Syberia" on my PS3 it's been nice ☺️ 

I just love that console. Heck I even made a thread saying it is the best console of all time. Even if I am done with all my backlog games I will turn it on from

time to time to play older games. With friends this console is a beast regarding the huge amount of great fighting games.

I more or less stopped. Killzone 2 brought me back only because of  The server shutdown otherwise it was I would occasionally maybe play something. Only games I really want to finish is Killzone HD, Killzone 3 other than that i can’t see myself really returning to it. Most of my time is spent on either the PS4 or Vita these days.

Edited by DarkSoleride

I recently counted that I have around 50+ games in my PS3 backlog, that's including PS Plus games I have downloaded, and PS1 games I've bought off the store. So I still see myself playing the PS3 for quite a few years to come, especially since a large chunk of the games in my PS3 backlog are RPGs.

My overall gaming backlog is pretty massive in general, I tend to get carried away with buying games I'm even just semi-interested in when they go on sale, or when I simply have some disposable income laying around. Literally the only systems that I still own (I've long since sold off my N64, PS1 and GBC) that I have no backlogs at all for is my Gamecube and my GBA. I have about 2 games in my PS2 backlog that I'm pretty sure I will never complete.

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I probably won't stop playing for awhile but I will say going back to the PS3 after the PS4 makes the controller feel like a kids toy. It is just so small and light :P

I felt that way also after getting my PS4. It was kind of hard handling the PS3 controller. On topic though I did just buy a new PS3 controller so I can keep playing on it. 2 of my PS3 controllers seen there better day and my other is still functional but I believe I will need to replace that one also. 

• Like 1

I didn’t consciously abandon it, but don’t think I’ve turned it on for at least a year - still set up, but the abundence of PS4 games in my backlog has kind of subtly pushed my PS3 into obscurity.

Was thinking recently that I should buy a few PS3s next time there is a good sale, just to have some boxed new ones incase my current one breaks (went through 4 during that generation due to laser burnout!) as I have a lot of games in my psn account for PS3...

Taking another look at my backlog, and games I haven't started/downloaded yet, probably in the year 2030.  Hopefully, the PS3 will still be kicking around then. ?

One good thing is that the PS3 controllers are sure a lot better than the PS4 ones. 

Actually getting really close to finishing off my backlog! Once that is complete, I will retire my PS3 to a nice cozy spot in my attic, next to the Xbox 360. It'll be a sad day, but I'm excited to see where the PlayStation brand goes from the age of PS4 Pro. Hard to believe we're already five years into the PS4's life cycle.

• 2 weeks later...