FINAL BOSS

*Potential Spoilers Below*

For those who have managed to beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance I wanted to ask what everyone thought about the final boss "Senator Armstrong". I honestly thought he was a piece of cake. Just kidding, I have never struggled so much on a boss in any video game. I cannot imagine defeating him on the "Revengeance" difficulty. In my eyes there is a fine line between, getting challenged, and getting extremely frustrated. None the less with a little refinement I managed to defeat him. I don't anticipate ever going for a platinum in this game, and I bow down to those who have achieved it and/or are attempting the platinum in this game.

Edit: Well... I did it lol. 

Edited by PipeSwinger
  • Like 1

It was great to have a challenge for once my only problem was you took more damage when parrying the metal gear then you could deal to it and you would need that checkpoint halfway through i think once you got past the metal gear the fight was only a little harder than the others.

• 1 month later...

It was great to have a challenge for once my only problem was you took more damage when parrying the metal gear then you could deal to it and you would need that checkpoint halfway through i think once you got past the metal gear the fight was only a little harder than the others.

But you're NOT supposed to parry him. This isn't a robot (Monkeys, Irving's) this is a full fledged Metal Gear. And to be honest, you can dodge all his attacks by running and jumping. The only attack that is a pain to avoid is the plasma beam. But both boss battles where a blast to play through and an amazing ending to an amazing game.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This boss wasn't really that difficult and the only thing I had a problem with is what to do when he turns green, and with full-time work and all, I simply had no time for trial and error so I had to glance through a quick message board about it.

But now that I'm doing No-Damage with him, I see the challenge.

This boss wasn't really that difficult and the only thing I had a problem with is what to do when he turns green, and with full-time work and all, I simply had no time for trial and error so I had to glance through a quick message board about it.

But now that I'm doing No-Damage with him, I see the challenge.

I honestly think Armstrong was one of the easier bosses to complete on hard without taking damage. Next to Mistral of course. Getting the S ranks are the real pain though... Especially on the boss fights. I did the second mission yesterday, got all S ranks. But I missed one battle so I had one no rank, and that gave me an A. So now I have to do it all over again.

• 3 weeks later...

Not aiming for no damage? Piss easy!! Very enjoyable though.

Revengance no damage? Phase 2 ....I was actually sweating while playing it!! I didnt want to cheese it and just keep running around so i was battling him most of the time. and spent 2-3 hours on that phase. The rest of the fight was easy.

• Like 1

Not aiming for no damage? Piss easy!! Very enjoyable though.

Revengance no damage? Phase 2 ....I was actually sweating while playing it!! I didnt want to cheese it and just keep running around so i was battling him most of the time. and spent 2-3 hours on that phase. The rest of the fight was easy.

For the second phase I just kept running away from him. I was totally sweating too haha! 

• 1 year later...

So what is the strategy for fighting this guy with no damage? I am not worried about the first two phases as all you need to do is parry, but my issue was the last phase when you tackle him with the Muramasa Blade. I have read from others this battle is easy with the sword, but when I got it it was only doing chip damage. It seemed like you do more damage to him on the QTE versus just fighting him.   

• 3 weeks later...

So what is the strategy for fighting this guy with no damage? I am not worried about the first two phases as all you need to do is parry, but my issue was the last phase when you tackle him with the Muramasa Blade. I have read from others this battle is easy with the sword, but when I got it it was only doing chip damage. It seemed like you do more damage to him on the QTE versus just fighting him.

If you have the wigs and upgraded muramasa blade then it will make it much easier. I used the fuel cell wig and went into ripper and blade mode a lot. You can stay in one ripped blade mode for a while getting his health down, quickly dodge his attack and back into ripped & blade mode. Only had 2 QTEs in the fight on revengance.

If you have the wigs and upgraded muramasa blade then it will make it much easier. I used the fuel cell wig and went into ripper and blade mode a lot. You can stay in one ripped blade mode for a while getting his health down, quickly dodge his attack and back into ripped & blade mode. Only had 2 QTEs in the fight on revengance.

Yeah, I managed to loop him fairly quickly, and got the no-damage trophy plus StormBringer :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...