Since when did PS4 start auto syncing trophies?

Quink666

Have noticed lately that when PSNP updates my profile automaitcally every 6 hours i usually see trophies i havent synced on my PS4. A few months ago i always had to sync trophies for them to show up after an update here.

Tried it with a knack trophy today and it shows up even though i have not synced any trophies on my PS4.

Any idea when this update rolled out?

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Not a chance in hell that im 4 years late. This update is at most a few months....

I think what @kfree7 meant was that the update itself was 4 years too late and that is something that it should have launched with. 

As far as when did they start auto-syncing, pretty sure it was February 2017. That is the last day the Playstation FAQ's were updated and auto-sync is listed there.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arin1979 said:

ok, PSN auto-synchronizes trophies, what's the problem?

That it can not be turned off AFAIK and for example I personally do not like to have a lot of uncompleted games on my profile, so usually I am syncing my list after getting 100%.

However sometimes I forget to log off from PSN and my current progress is syncing anyway... For me it is annoying.

Same like getting the info that I am not connected to PSN while I would like to check my trophies offline...

6 minutes ago, Arin1979 said:

ok, PSN auto-synchronizes trophies, what's the problem?

My guess is it's mainly when don't want a game on your account and want to upload your other saves before deleting your profile. I don't see why you should no longer have the option.

It's also mainly an issue to speedy completionists. When you put effort into making as much progress as possible without popping a trophy, but accidentally do so anyway, you can lose a lot of progress if you haven't uploaded a rollback save in a while and can no longer connect because the trophies will auto-sync.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I find that severely ironic considering the fit he threw here when he was removed for cheating Fuel, MW2 and a couple other games.

2 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Wasnt he removed from the leaderboards

He was removed by Sly for talking bullshit about PSNP.

Edited by Handsome Jack
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Handsome Jack said:

He was removed by Sly for talking bullshit about PSNP.

Yea, he was trash talking because of his flags. I remember that stink well. He kept going on about how it was a long time ago and that it shouldn't be held against him. I think he even had his psn profileremoved before any forum banning happened.