Platinum still obtainable?

Yuukiyun

The Disney Infinity servers closed on March 3rd 2017, but the 4 player trophies have achievers after that. Before you say "hackers", the same applies to DI2.0 on the PS4, which by my knowledge isn't hackable. If it were wouldn't these players also have obtained Toy Box Maker and World Traveler? Those 2 trophies do not have timestamps after March 3rd.

Is there a trick to 4 player offline? I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I won't deny that. I just wonder if if you're going to hack anyway, why not hack your way to platinum?

I've just had a look at one guy and you're right why would you just hack those and not the rest so maybe there is something else here.

@T-100 trophies don't work like that. The timestamp is when the trophy unlocks not when it is synched. You could wait years to sync and it would still show the date it was earned

i _think_ they only closed their own online services, which let you make and share levels (this toy box stuff) etc.

the multiplayer may very well just use standard PSN matchmaking, so this should still be possible. but i'm not 100% sure on that one

2 hours ago, T-100 said:

I am not sure, but it could be something like they unlocked it and synchronize it later. I do not know how exactly you can "manipulate" the timestamps in such a way, therefore I am also interested how they did it

Custom Firmware (CFW) allows you to get into the machine and change dates and/or unlock trophies. Yes, it's against site rules.

2 hours ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I won't deny that. I just wonder if if you're going to hack anyway, why not hack your way to platinum?

The normal trick is just to hack the unobtainable online trophies and leave the others to pop regularly to make you list "look" legit. Usually these types of accounts get flagged and then are removed from the leaderboards permanently. @MMDE does a good job at rounding up these offenders. I don't have these titles, but I would suggest game owners try to go online and see if the 4-player trophy is still possible and only the toy box parts are now unobtainable...if not, then start reporting these trophy cheats and getting them removed from the leaderboards.. Any member who has the same game on their list can report suspect trophies from the same game. Just try to be 100% sure that you are correct before slinging any mud onto another. Disputes can be a messy adventure and a false one only makes you look small and vindictive.

14 minutes ago, hipo5 said:

As far as I know there are a couple community run servers. I've read about it before, found this after a quick google: http://letsplayagame.co.uk/ but it appears to be invite only for now. Maybe someone who did trophies could chime in.

The question is then, is that considered "okay"? Depends on what the devs intended.

• 3 months later...

I got an idea not sure if it would work or not. But how about plug in two docking stations with four DIC on them with four controllers. I have had to do that before with two controllers on another game where i had three guest and had to flip back and forth to get a trophy.

• 1 year later...

Very few people have earned the online trophies/platinum since the announced shutdown.

I can confirm that all trophies are still obtainable though, I earnt all of them in the past week.

All the other Infinity games have toybox related trophies which will for sure make them unatainable but fortunately the first game lacks any of these.

45 minutes ago, raing3 said:

Very few people have earned the online trophies/platinum since the announced shutdown.

I can confirm that all trophies are still obtainable though, I earnt all of them in the past week.

All the other Infinity games have toybox related trophies which will for sure make them unatainable but fortunately the first game lacks any of these.

How did you earn the multiplayer trophies? If its doable, I'll start this game.

• 9 months later...
On 29/01/2020 at 7:22 AM, raing3 said:

I used 2 PS3s + 2 copies of the game but should be boostable with anyone else who has the game since the multiplayer seems to be P2P and doesn't require an Infinity account to access the needed menus.

• It's a Party - Requires 2 controllers and another PS3 player with 2 controllers. Load into a toybox, connect player 2, from the pause menu invite the person with the other PS3. Trophy will pop shortly after they join with 2 controllers plugged in.
  • Acrobat - Just press square to pick each other up while you are in the toybox. Trophy will pop if you are on the top of the stack once there are 4 people in the stack.

I did it and it works very well! Thank you!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this thread I just bought everything I need for the platinum. I'm so excited for playing again these games!. Recently I show to one of my friend childs Disney Infinity 2.0 and we were playing for hours, it's really nice and a well done game overall. I wasn't buying Disney Infinity 1 because I thought it was harder, longer and with online trophies like 2.0 and 3.0. Now that I know its still possible to plat, I bought it even on Xbox 360 in order to do 100% too!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:22 AM, raing3 said:

I used 2 PS3s + 2 copies of the game but should be boostable with anyone else who has the game since the multiplayer seems to be P2P and doesn't require an Infinity account to access the needed menus.

• It's a Party - Requires 2 controllers and another PS3 player with 2 controllers. Load into a toybox, connect player 2, from the pause menu invite the person with the other PS3. Trophy will pop shortly after they join with 2 controllers plugged in.
  • Acrobat - Just press square to pick each other up while you are in the toybox. Trophy will pop if you are on the top of the stack once there are 4 people in the stack.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. Never played a Disney Infinity game, but just noticed this was the only obtainable trophyset for the series, so I might just dive in eventually! :D 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, VictoryFanfare_ said:

Good evening, I intend to start all 3 Disney infinity games for PS3.

I wanted to ask if they can still get Disney Infinity 1.0 online trophies by joining two PS3s as written above and if the same works with Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0

Thank you.

1.0 is doable with the above method.

2.0 and 3.0 require the servers which were shutdown, so only 1.0 can be platinumed.