Trophy thoughts for TT Isle Of Man

TazDevilz1986

On 21/02/2018 at 4:55 AM, Jare said:

List looks easy, though does anyone think the trophy pictures have that similar to ones from flatout 4?

Curiously enough, this game is made by the same developer, Kylotonn games.

Also yeah the trophy list definitely looks easy too, definitely easier than Flatout 4. I might buy or try this in a sale down the line since bike racing games arent usually my thing but i do enjoy them on occasion!

Edited by Snake55wildcat

• 2 weeks later...

The handling mechanic in this game is very true to life and you'll probably fall off lots wondering WTF. It isn't like games like Moto gp, Ride etc and requires a high concentration level to keep the bike upright and in control. That said, it is fun and there's some good graphics, but you won't be platting it with your eyes anywhere but firmly on what the bike is doing. Try to get round Snaefell Mountain course with no damage is going to be hard. A lap is 37.7 miles, has some nasty turns and takes about 20mins to get round. Big kudos to anyone who manages to plat this game!.?️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mysticmosh said:

The handling mechanic in this game is very true to life and you'll probably fall off lots wondering WTF. It isn't like games like Moto gp, Ride etc and requires a high concentration level to keep the bike upright and in control. That said, it is fun and there's some good graphics, but you won't be platting it with your eyes anywhere but firmly on what the bike is doing. Try to get round Snaefell Mountain course with no damage is going to be hard. A lap is 37.7 miles, has some nasty turns and takes about 20mins to get round. Big kudos to anyone who manages to plat this game!.1f3cd.png

Thanks for your thoughts man, but i will take the challenge no matter what. I am a Motorsport fan, same as F1 and the other Car sports. This is something that i might like alot that the game is feeling realistic. Working on Gravel first, but that is extremly easy without any challenge.

22 hours ago, mysticmosh said:

The handling mechanic in this game is very true to life and you'll probably fall off lots wondering WTF. It isn't like games like Moto gp, Ride etc and requires a high concentration level to keep the bike upright and in control. That said, it is fun and there's some good graphics, but you won't be platting it with your eyes anywhere but firmly on what the bike is doing. Try to get round Snaefell Mountain course with no damage is going to be hard. A lap is 37.7 miles, has some nasty turns and takes about 20mins to get round. Big kudos to anyone who manages to plat this game!.1f3cd.png

I agree. The game is extremely unforgiving. 1 fall and your race is over in most of the events. Of course with it being a sim I can see why they made it that way. 

The difficulty levels are very confusing too. You can set the ai difficulty in the menu but each event has a difficulty grade of A, B or C. It’s a bit inconsistent though. I’m playing on easy ai at the moment but I spent an hour perfecting a lap time and shaving tenths of a second off in order to beat a B grade tt race. The next event was a B grade race but on a different sector and I won by 25 seconds on my first attempt while falling off twice so I’m not really sure what’s going on with the ai. 

I also find the ai take a fixed line line no matter what. They never deviate from the race line regardless of where you are. If you are in their way they will literally drive through you and smash you off the track. If you try to take them out in the same way you end up falling and they drive off like nothing happened. 

For the full lap no damage you can do quick race race or enter the full lap training even in career and drive round slowly and carefully. With a bike that handles well it isn’t too hard, especially if you turn the assists up. Just use the racing line and brake whenever it goes red. 

Speaking of the racing line, I find it to be useless when learning tracks on superbikes. For many corners it will be red but you don’t need to brake. At high speeds it even shows as red on the straights. When you come to a sharp corner it usually has you braking too late!

Has anyone managed to unlock the main TT event yet? I’m wondering how many fans are required before it becomes available!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

I agree. The game is extremely unforgiving. 1 fall and your race is over in most of the events. Of course with it being a sim I can see why they made it that way. 

The difficulty levels are very confusing too. You can set the ai difficulty in the menu but each event has a difficulty grade of A, B or C. It’s a bit inconsistent though. I’m playing on easy ai at the moment but I spent an hour perfecting a lap time and shaving tenths of a second off in order to beat a B grade tt race. The next event was a B grade race but on a different sector and I won by 25 seconds on my first attempt while falling off twice so I’m not really sure what’s going on with the ai. 

I also find the ai take a fixed line line no matter what. They never deviate from the race line regardless of where you are. If you are in their way they will literally drive through you and smash you off the track. If you try to take them out in the same way you end up falling and they drive off like nothing happened. 

For the full lap no damage you can do quick race race or enter the full lap training even in career and drive round slowly and carefully. With a bike that handles well it isn’t too hard, especially if you turn the assists up. Just use the racing line and brake whenever it goes red. 

Speaking of the racing line, I find it to be useless when learning tracks on superbikes. For many corners it will be red but you don’t need to brake. At high speeds it even shows as red on the straights. When you come to a sharp corner it usually has you braking too late!

Has anyone managed to unlock the main TT event yet? I’m wondering how many fans are required before it becomes available!

Plat might be 80-100 hours difficulty 5/10? I am getting it today, but i don't know how long the road to 10k fans will take. Probably 3-4 seasons? Also you will probably get the 3 year season trophy in your first i think if you keep winning.

21 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Plat might be 80-100 hours difficulty 5/10? I am getting it today, but i don't know how long the road to 10k fans will take. Probably 3-4 seasons? Also you will probably get the 3 year season trophy in your first i think if you keep winning.

You can’t get the TT in your first or second season. I have won pretty much everything (except for a couple of events I skipped due to the stupidity of the menu system) and haven’t been offered a ride a the competitive TT yet. I’m in my 3rd season at the moment so I’ll see if it pops up this time round. 

Its hard to say at the moment about the fans. The early events give very little but the number of fans per event is getting better now. It will be a grind but might not be too bad. You have to win the TT 3 times for a trophy but I’m not sure if it means 3 times on a super sport/superbike  (as in 3 on one type of bike) or 3 times in total. My guess at the moment is 6-8 seasons. 

Some of the high high level events that give a lot of fans are pretty long too. I accepted an event yesterday that will take over an hour to complete (if I don’t make a mistake). That’s just 1 event and you do 3 events per in game month. 

Update on the difficulty: I’m now doing pretty much all A grade events. Some of them are very easy and I win by 25-30seconds first time even with a couple of falls. Others are much harder and require fast clean runs so I don’t really understand what’s going on. Since unlocking A events the B events have become significantly easier in their requirements though. 

Hey Guys,

I just completet the first real TT event in my career and it is a freaking pain in the a**.  xD

You dont have to win sportsbikes or superbike to count towards your 3 wins you need for the trophy but you need to do both! First I had 1 quali lap with sportsbike then the race with 4 laps. Right after that you have to swich to superbikes. You will have to drive 3 quali laps again and then the race with a painfull lengh of 6 laps ? (took me around 104 minutes)

At the moment I have ~10500 fans but the number increases slowly... The trophy for 500k will be a big grind if later events wont give more fans.  ?

Unfortunately could not get the first TT win within the 3 years for the trophy although I won all the races. Still need to figure out what you have to do to unlock the TT event.

9 hours ago, tirol_terminator said:

Hey Guys,

I just completet the first real TT event in my career and it is a freaking pain in the a**.  xD

You dont have to win sportsbikes or superbike to count towards your 3 wins you need for the trophy but you need to do both! First I had 1 quali lap with sportsbike then the race with 4 laps. Right after that you have to swich to superbikes. You will have to drive 3 quali laps again and then the race with a painfull lengh of 6 laps 1f480.png (took me around 104 minutes)

At the moment I have ~10500 fans but the number increases slowly... The trophy for 500k will be a big grind if later events wont give more fans.  1f601.png

Unfortunately could not get the first TT win within the 3 years for the trophy although I won all the races. Still need to figure out what you have to do to unlock the TT event.

I have unlocked the TT in career now but I still need to do 2 more events before I try it. I unlocked it at the end of season 3 so I should be able to get the trophy I hope. When I got the invitation I was on 12k fans. I’m earning around 2k fans per event at the moment but the length of the grind all depends on how many fans you get for winning the TT and the how high the number of fans gets in the standard events as you progress 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/03/2018 at 6:30 AM, Warlord99956 said:

I have unlocked the TT in career now but I still need to do 2 more events before I try it. I unlocked it at the end of season 3 so I should be able to get the trophy I hope. When I got the invitation I was on 12k fans. I’m earning around 2k fans per event at the moment but the length of the grind all depends on how many fans you get for winning the TT and the how high the number of fans gets in the standard events as you progress 

Did you manage to get the 3 season TT trophy? If so can you share how to get it please?

19 hours ago, Westwoodo said:

Did you manage to get the 3 season TT trophy? If so can you share how to get it please?

I don’t know what triggers it but it unlocked during season 3 when I was at 12k fans as I mentioned above. Just win every event and go for events that have the highest fan gain

On 02/04/2018 at 7:01 PM, Warlord99956 said:

I don’t know what triggers it but it unlocked during season 3 when I was at 12k fans as I mentioned above. Just win every event and go for events that have the highest fan gain

Thanks for replying, I will do as you have suggested!

10 hours ago, Westwoodo said:

Thanks for replying, I will do as you have suggested!

The only other thing to watch out for is the TT unlocking in later seasons. I won it in season 3 but it didn’t show up again until season 7! I think the game glitched on me. I skipped a few events to try and get it to show and that seemed to unglitch it. One last thing - make a backup save after EVERY race as the game has a tendency to crash and corrupt your data. I’m not sure what causes the crashes but I had 3 when I was playing. Luckily I had backups every time

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, safc19 said:

I’ve won the super sport TT twice, both times during season 3, trophies for completing the race, winning the race and for winning in 3 seasons DID NOT UNLOCK, anyone else had this problem?

You need to win the supersport and superbike TT to get the trophies. Win both of them in season 3, 4 and 5 to get all TT related trophies

18 minutes ago, safc19 said:

Ok, thanks for that information Warlord.  Finding the super bikes difficult, gonna need a lot of practice, I’ve put all my effort into super sport so far.

It can be tricky at first. I recommend getting the Suter or Norton as soon as possible (try them both in quick race to see which one suits you best). Remember - the game saves at each sector on the TT course so if you fall you can quit to the menu then continue from the start of that sector. If you play on the easiest difficulty and reload when you fall you will easily be able to win the TT, even if your lap time is not particularly good. The worst part is the length - 3 lap quali and 6 lap race on the superbikes so it’s very time consuming. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...