Sony Bans PSN Account Due to Username Violation 8 Years After It Was Created.

Leaderboards

Just now, EternalChaos72 said:

Yeah this is true. Once your account is banned anything you bought with that account is also lost forever since you can't access the PS store with that account. Don't understand why people would want to buy digital copies anyway, the prices are a joke. 

Yes, digital is only for a few games or dlcs, unless you are patient and buy the GOTY,Complete,Royal or whatever edition.One year after release i can find any game around 20-25,physical copies

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dorroile said:

I think the joke's on Sony, because i've seen this story making the rounds, and it's incredibly bad PR for them. After all, who wants to buy digital games on PSN when Sony can, at any time, invent a reason to permanently take away all the digital games you bought? Even if that reason is literally just making a silly account name, eight years ago, when the guy was 12 years old? Sony is getting completely destroyed by Microsoft when it comes to customer service elements like this, since if you have an offensive Gamertag on XBL, MS just resets it and forces you to pick a new one. This is absolutely a bad look for Sony, and with a little bit of luck, once loot boxes are legislated properly, the next step will be to legislate companies like Sony that use EULAs to force you to accept that they will take away your purchased games whenever they want, for any reason they want.

I can't see how MS is destroying Sony outside USA,but anyway

• Like 4

Just now, Elvick_ said:

This is true of every company's digital store. They can ban you and tough shit, all your stuff is gone. That's how it works.

That's why digital is shit... I mean, THE FUTURE~

I agree with you but I feel like digital could be the future if some companies had better policy on losing access to your digital library upon bans. 

They violated their ToS, Sony can do whatever they want to the person. Probably what actually happened, is it took 8 years for someone to report them. Sony doesn't monitor users, they rely on reporting to find out anything. Everytime something like this happens, I say the same thing. They shouldn't have made a name like that in the first place. If it's questionable, or you're trying to get around censors, then you're doing something wrong, and shouldn't be surprised when you get banned.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

account might be 8 years old but maybe no one reported it until now. Looks like the first trophy was not 8 years ago (it was in 2015) and he played very little online it seemed. So could just be that it was never found out as maybe the few people he played with before didn't care.

This^

there are millions of millions PSN ID's out there, and Sony is not going to comb over all of them, they have better things to do.

It just takes a few grief reports if any to issue el martillo del ban (Banhammer)

24 minutes ago, Terra said:

I find it odd it took Sony 8 years to finally ban the username. Something in this story isn't being told.

Maybe not. It could be as simple as someone reporting this person recently, and Sony taking notice.

8 minutes ago, Dorroile said:

When it comes to customer service, Sony is laughably bad and several years behind what is becoming the norm.

Agreed, and it's not like the norm is all that great itself.

Sony's customer service is absolute crap. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

I am looking at the Terms of Service for PlayStation.

Where is the section that regards user names? Anybody know?

Lol found this though:

You may not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfair advantage.

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, xEl_Cidx said:

This^

there are millions of millions PSN ID's out there, and Sony is not going to comb over all of them, they have better things to do.

It just takes a few grief reports if any to issue el martillo del ban (Banhammer)

If someone kills you in Overwatch, just file abuse/harassment reports on PSN, maybe with a few alt accounts, telling them that they said racial slurs at you over voice chat, and maybe they'll get banned. Working as intended!

• Like 2