dark souls best weapon for each ascension path

yiazmat50112254

i wanna ask which weapons you would advise to use for each weapon upgrade.

i am curious about this because there are trophies for each upgrade and even while it doesn't matter which one you upgrade, it just feels like a waste to spend all my slabs to just another random weapon. so i would like to use as many upgrades as possible that have a functional purpose as well, even if it's really small. if possible, i would like a versatile bunch of weapon types

right now i use a fire and lightning greataxe, and a normal demon greataxe. i read somewhere black bow of the pharis is good for occult (i only use melee but it's fine with me as long as it has a realistic purpose, even if i don't use it), and i used a demon great machete for enchanted.

if you have any idea's what i should choose for the other paths? or do you have better recommendations for the ones i already used?

• Like 1

If you don't want to waste all your slabs,you can upgrade the weapon,get the trophy and then quit to xmb.If you don't back out from the blacksmith's menu,game doesn't save,so you will keep the slab while getting the trophies.That's what i did with coloured slabs.As for weapons, i found the great scythe extremely powerful for my dex build.

EDIT. If you try this method, you may want to back your save,in case something happens.I had no problem but when i was starting the game i was getting a message ''game didn't save properly or something''

Edited by sephiroth4424

ty 4 the information @sephiroth4424.

actually i don't really like cheating so i don't think i will use the reload blacksmith save strategy (didn't even knew that was possible :)). but thx anyway.

as for the great scythe, i will defenitely give it a look. which ascension path would u recommend?

Edited by yiazmat50112254

21 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

ty 4 the information @sephiroth4424.

actually i don't really like cheating so i don't think i will use the reload blacksmith save strategy (didn't even knew that was possible :)). but thx anyway.

as for the great scythe, i will defenitely give it a look. which ascension path would u recommend?

Well ty 4 calling me a cheater.As for the Great Scythe i went with a normal one, i didn't use a coloured slab.I remember reading that lightning weapons do a lot of damage,so perhaps you will want to try that.But even with the normal one i defeated Smough & Ornstein in my first try in ng+2

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Well ty 4 calling me a cheater.

oops my apologies, not what i intended to say. purely meant that to say that it feels like that 4 me, not you. but i'm sorry if i offended you.

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

As for the Great Scythe i went with a normal one, i didn't use a coloured slab.I remember reading that lightning weapons do a lot of damage,so perhaps you will want to try that.But even with the normal one i defeated Smough & Ornstein in my first try in ng+2

about the scythe, i shall defenitely give it a look, ty for the information.

Edited by yiazmat50112254