The Hunting Grounds [Winners announced]

Paleblood

Bloodborne,FF9,Dragons Dogma,Witcher 3,SotC would take around 250-300 hours to fully complete from scratch.And i read that Monster Hunter need the same hours alone.Don't know about the two other games on your list.Two months seem like a short window

EDIT.To be honest,when i saw the name of the thread,my mind went to Horizon Zero Dawn, you could add it to the list

Edited by sephiroth4424

44 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Bloodborne,FF9,Dragons Dogma,Witcher 3,SotC would take around 250-300 hours to fully complete from scratch.And i read that Monster Hunter need the same hours alone.Don't know about the two other games on your list.Two months seem like a short window

EDIT.To be honest,when i saw the name of the thread,my mind went to Horizon Zero Dawn, you could add it to the list

Will do.

What do you think is a better time window? I've never done anything this big. 6 Months is the absolute most I wanna do.

• Like 1

Got Bloodborne and working on MHW

maybe after this i will go back to The Witcher III: Wild Hunt to finish it once and for all 

also you can add Horizon Zero Dawn & Final Fantasy XV they count as a hunting games maybe

Edited by dark69knight
  • Like 1

Hunting games off the top of my head would be Horizon, Far Cry Primal, Outlast 2, Aliens Isolation, All Dark Soul games, maybe Destroy all Human series since you hunt humans technically. Technically lots of mp shooters could count depending on what type of hunting you mean or if you want easy games then those Cabela games.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Joker said:

Will do.

What do you think is a better time window? I've never done anything this big. 6 Months is the absolute most I wanna do.

I don't know how you will give points,but if you want the participants to fully complete the games from scratch,i think a two-months is reasonable for Bloodborne,FF9,Dragons Dogma,Witcher 3,SotC and Horizon Zero Dawn.I can't quantify the hours needed for the other 3 games.But then again,it's a point system and some participants will already have completed more than 5% for these game,so they won't be eligible.Some other addition to your list could be Ni no Kuni (ps3) and maybe Persona 5

Edited by sephiroth4424

How about games like:

1. Demon's Souls
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Dark Souls II
  4. Dark Souls III
  5. Salt & Sanctuary
  6. Titan Souls
  7. Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
  8. Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment
  9. Sword Art Online Lost Song
  10. Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
  11. Accel World vs Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight
  12. God Eater Resurrection
  13. God Eater 2
  14. Freedom Wars
  15. Soul Sacrifice
  16. Soul Sacrifice Delta
  17. Toukiden: The Age of Demons
  18. Toukiden Kiwami

The first 4 games are from the same developer as Bloodborne. #5 is very similar, but a 2D version. Titan souls is similar to Shadow of the Colossus. Games #7-11 requires lots of enemy farming too and #12-18 are monster hunting games. I'm sure there are more monster hunting games than the last 7, but this is just from the top of my head.

• Like 3

I'm going to offer some slightly more off the wall options, but still very much in the 'Hunting' Theme.

Heavy Rain - You are on the hunt for the Origami Killer. 'Nuff Said.

L.A Noire - Police are always hunting for clues.

Lords of the Fallen - See Dark Souls.

Red Dead Redemption - Hunting your old gang for the government.

and possibly any Tomb Raider game.

I'd like to enter with Monster Hunter, but i'm already at over 5% completion, still dont think i'm gonna do it in the next two months ?

So i might go with Shadow of the Collosus, i'll just start that one on the 14th. Would also bring some variety to my stream ?

Otherwise i'll see what gets added to the list until then.

(Switzerland account btw)

Edited by Sundr0wn

I added a bunch of games from @Dragon-Archon excellent suggestions. Much appreciated.

12 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm going to offer some slightly more off the wall options, but still very much in the 'Hunting' Theme.

Heavy Rain - You are on the hunt for the Origami Killer. 'Nuff Said.

L.A Noire - Police are always hunting for clues.

Lords of the Fallen - See Dark Souls.

Red Dead Redemption - Hunting your old gang for the government.

and possibly any Tomb Raider game.

I hate Heavy Rain with a passion. 'Nuff said ?

I will add Read Dead Redemption! For the other games I fail to see the hunting theme. Many suggested Dark Souls but I don't think it fits here. It's way more about survival and trying to do something meanngful than it is about hunting.

13 hours ago, M3M0-L30N_2 said:

So, If I'm from Mexico and in case i win (i doubt), I would want the lifetime premium membership, i can't join right?

Yes you can join. The lifetime premium membership is not restricted by any countries. The PSN Codes I have to buy individually, that's where the limitation comes in. Also you could just redeem the code on another account. You still could play it on your main account then, but it's up to you

18 hours ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Uncharted series maybe? Does treasure hunting falls into that category? 

Nah, it's more about hunting something living.

19 hours ago, ee28max said:

Is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim counted as a hunting game? If so, then add it on the list.

Also nah, you basically just roam around and play delivery-boy. Not the most exciting hunting related thing in my book^^

11 hours ago, Sundr0wn said:

So i might go with Shadow of the Collosus, i'll just start that one on the 14th. Would also bring some variety to my stream 1f601.png

Otherwise i'll see what gets added to the list until then.

(Switzerland account btw)

Wecome! Hope you'll enjoy Shadow of the Colossus as much as I did :)

Edited by Joker
  • Like 2

Won't be entering but here are some more games to consider adding to the list:

Amnesia Collection - The shadow is hunting you.
Outlast - You're being hunted by lunatics.
Outlast 2 - I assume it'd be similar to the first game
Final Fantasy VII - You hunt monsters, because reasons.
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy X-2 HD
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy XV
Fallout: New Vegas - A good portion of the game you're hunting for a man.
Until Dawn - Spooky scary creature is hunting you!
The Evil Within
The Evil WIthin 2
Destroy All Humans! - Hunting humanity, how fun.
Destroy All Humans! 2
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Not exactly a third person shooter anymore, you're the prey!
Dead By Daylight
Tales of Zesteria - Similar to final fantasy, hunting monsters.
Tales of Berseria
Nioh - Similar to Dark Souls, the only reason William goes to Japan is in search of an enemy to kill.

Event should end on your Birthday ?

Edited by Avalynch

1- Metal gear survive

2- Ruiner

3- Resident evil 7 

4- sexy brutale

5- Firewatch 

6- The long dark

7- Bleed 

8- Bleed 2

9- The flame in the flood

10- Don’t starve

11- Don’t starve together

12- Outlast

13- Outlast 2

14- Flinthook

15- Axiom verge

16- 7 days to die

17- Prototype

18- Prototype 2 

19- Deadlight

20- How to survive 2

21- Manhunt

22- Shadow of the beast

23- Kona

24- Sherlock Holmes crimes and punishments

25- Sherlock Holmes the devils daughter

26- Evil within

27- Evil within 2

Pretty long list but those are all the ones that come to mind. 

5 minutes ago, Joker said:

I got a bit confused. Who of you wants to enter?  @sephiroth4424 @dark69knight @HailHale81 @ee28max @MSIA_pokwee @M3M0-L30N_2 @Psy-Tychist @NaseemJohn

For the folks mentioned above: Please just give a like to THIS post if you want to enter and I will state you in the participants list, ignore if you don't.

Remember: There is no harm in entering. If you come out with 0 zero points you lose nothing, but you can't enter anymore once 14th of March has passed.

I have already completed 6-7 of the games in your list.For those i haven't completed, i only care about Monster Hunter and SotC (ps4) which i won't buy within 2018 (probably).No reason to compete, i just suggested some games.Have fun 

Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

I have already completed 6-7 of the games in your list.For those i haven't completed, i only care about Monster Hunter and SotC (ps4) which i won't buy within 2018 (probably).No reason to compete, i just suggested some games.Have fun 

You can always create a new account  :awesome:  Ok, thank you for suggesting.

Oh sorry that I didn't mentioned it earlier, I'm just giving suggestions, not interested in participating. Like @sephiroth4424, I have already plat RDR, SoTC (PS3), Alien: Isolation, The Witcher 3, & Far Cry Primal. Not interested in other games that's in the list (except HZD).

May I suggest adding Cabela's Video games to the list? You're pretty much hunting some wild animals in those games. 

Cabela's trophy list

The point system seems good. I have another question for this rule: For the games to be eligible they cannot have more than 5% trophy completion on your account bevor the 14th of march, how you can see if is an elegible game or not according to the percentage completed? Someone could try to cheat in that way I think.

23 minutes ago, M3M0-L30N_2 said:

The point system seems good. I have another question for this rule: For the games to be eligible they cannot have more than 5% trophy completion on your account bevor the 14th of march, how you can see if is an elegible game or not according to the percentage completed? Someone could try to cheat in that way I think.

I will manually check all participants on the day of the dealine and take notes if a game has more than 5% on their profile. Also I like to think that people won't cheat in an event like this.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1