The Hunting Grounds [Winners announced]

Paleblood

Not going to lie, this was pretty confusing to go through. Perhaps the edits you promised to the original post are in order? Just to make some things clearer. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I have 100% with Horizon: Zero Dawn. So I guess I'm entering this giveaway with that?

Edited by ddracarys

what about Final Fantasy 15? there are 3 different types of hunts, about 300 of them in the sidequests...

unfortunately I either have the plats in your list or I am not interested in the games I don't have the plat.

Well mybe I could buy shadow of the colossus... but Final Fantasy 15 could increase my interest since I have 2 trophie lists of it yet to start.

On ‎25‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 11:50 AM, ddracarys said:

Not going to lie, this was pretty confusing to go through. Perhaps the edits you promised to the original post are in order? Just to make some things clearer. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I have 100% with Horizon: Zero Dawn. So I guess I'm entering this giveaway with that?

I edited the ''RULES'' section just now, you can take a look if you want. Is it clearer now?

On ‎25‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 0:02 PM, ApriIis said:

I'd like to join,I'll edit in the games i'd like to enter later in the week once I find out which ones I can get. 

Welcome & happy hunting!

4 hours ago, GTA_Darren said:

I would like to join. Since you have couple Toukiden games in the list right now,  why not add Toukiden 2 into it? Also, I would like to suggest Hunting Simulator, God Eater 2: Rage Burst and School Girl/Zombie Hunter.

Welcome & happy hunting! No hunting Simulators, as stated in the opening post. ?

I'm not that familiar with Toukiden and God Eater, I assumed these were just repackings of the original games, I'll add them in.

3 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

what about Final Fantasy 15? there are 3 different types of hunts, about 300 of them in the sidequests...

unfortunately I either have the plats in your list or I am not interested in the games I don't have the plat.

Well mybe I could buy shadow of the colossus... but Final Fantasy 15 could increase my interest since I have 2 trophie lists of it yet to start.

I didn't want to include it, but since there are many suggestions I'll add it now.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 0:11 AM, Joker said:

I edited the ''RULES'' section just now, you can take a look if you want. Is it clearer now?

Yup, that's fine now. Thank you for making some things clear. I am assuming you will also be editing the participants list in the original post eventually too? Or did I do something wrong, and am I not eligible to enter?

EDIT: Thank you for adding me in. Good luck to all of the other participants!

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Your list looks good for the games that qualify.  I'd like in - my games would be:

The Witcher III

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Red Dead Redemption

I'm bummed.  The Witcher III is 7% on my account, that sucks.

Another possible game for your list might be Prey.

I am 6% for The Witcher 3. However, I don't think I will ever be able to plat that game.

1 minute ago, GTA_Darren said:

I am 6% for The Witcher 3. However, I don't think I will ever be able to plat that game.

I'm wondering on the DM if I'll be able to do it!  Many hours!

Just now, wackt1 said:

I want to enter but I have a question. Do games I have already completed/started count towards the contest.

I believe the rule "no more than 5% completion" is applied towards games

Thinking outside the box a little but what about the Uncharted series; hunting for treasure? And the Assassin's Creed series which is a little less obscure as you're hunting down various Templars. Or The Last of Us since you're being constantly hunted down. Far Cry 4 has a lot of hunting elements too. I'll leave it at that for now in case none of these are what you're looking for :P

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

A quick question about stack games like Alien: Isolation or The Evil Within is having multi list of the same game count for both game point ?!

Edited by dark69knight
Sorry i just read the rules again nvm ignore this post

Whoosh, lot a of comments over the weekend. Let's get to it then.

On ‎27‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 5:33 PM, PermaFox said:

Another possible game for your list might be Prey.

Added! Thought about it, just didn't came around adding it till now.

On ‎03‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 9:54 PM, Zolkovo said:

Thinking outside the box a little but what about the Uncharted series; hunting for treasure? And the Assassin's Creed series which is a little less obscure as you're hunting down various Templars. Or The Last of Us since you're being constantly hunted down. Far Cry 4 has a lot of hunting elements too. I'll leave it at that for now in case none of these are what you're looking for :P

Just because the word ''hunting'' can be applied as a term it's not automatically eligible. In the Hannah Montana game you hunt for points, do you want to play Hannah Montana here? ?

No but seriously, hunting living things only as stated prior. I will add the Far Cry series more and The Last of Us is a good pick.

Do you want to enter?

On ‎27‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 6:38 PM, MarioMan200 said:

Entered 

But I think that some of the games on the list are a little too much for just platinum and feel like they should be adjusted.

lol, try platting Monster Hunter: World and say that again. You are talking about too much points per game, right?

On ‎28‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 10:27 AM, ApriIis said:

Another game that could fit in here is Metro: Last Light.Considering you're hunting down the little dark one, I think it represent the theme pretty well.

Added! Have you played Metro 2033 also and do you think it fits? I don't have that much experience with those games but I believe the general vibe is pretty similar.

2 hours ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

I'd like to enter with Bloodborne, I'll play the game anyway so might as well enter :D 

I have some other games in the list that are in my backlog

Welcome, and happy hunting!

3 hours ago, BHK3 said:

Right now this list looks super easy to do by August and I feel like you will have many people that are tied, what happens then?

I don't think anyone will have all games platted in this event, let alone two or more people. If there is a draw I will think of something.

Are you entering?

5 hours ago, dark69knight said:

A quick question about stack games like Alien: Isolation or The Evil Within is having multi list of the same game count for both game point ?!

Yup, you can do them twice and get twice the points.

On ‎27‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 6:40 PM, Arielferrari19 said:

You can add far cry 5 and ni no kuni 2 since they drop this month :) the only ones in this list below 5% i have is god of war 3 and the evil within 2. I already plat tw3, bloodborne, far cry primal and more than 5% in other ones, i'll pass this one, and good luck for everyone^_^ 

You could still try though, maybe you will buy eligible games?

Edited by Joker

38 minutes ago, Joker said:

Just because the word ''hunting'' can be applied as a term it's not automatically eligible. In the Hannah Montana game you hunt for points, do you want to play Hannah Montana here? ?

No but seriously, hunting living things only as stated prior. I will add the Far Cry series more and The Last of Us is a good pick.

Do you want to enter?

Fair enough! I didn't really catch the hunting living things theme in the OP, other than the title I suppose. I only mentioned Uncharted because Treasure Hunting is a well coined phrase, and the series is highly rated as well as involving a rich story around hunting for a specific treasure. Nothing like Hannah Montana I'm sure :P

I'm open to suggestions for included games and I emplore you to post some, it will increase your and everyone's chances since there are more games to choose from.
Don't shy away from making any suggestions. If I don't want to include the game I just won't, no loss here. But if I like it - the more the better.
They should feature some kind of hunt - It doesn't matter if the player does the hunting or is indeed the hunted one.
As you can see with the inclusion of Inside, the game does not have to have a platinum trophy and the hunting theme can be somewhat obscure.
As mentioned before, I am talking about fictional hunts. So no hunting Simulators and boring games in general.

Sounds like a great comp, but I'll sit this one out thanks!

I'll enter the comp. I will be interesting getting into/back towards some of those games......particularly Bloodborne.

I have some recommendations for some of the games that can potentially be put on the list as well......although some I'm already past 5%, so I can't go for them.

My 1st recommendation is Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. Hunting Plays an important part of the game, and I've heard many people generally consider it their favourite side content. You have to unlock the hunt by taking the request at a notice board or Guild hall you join, talk to the person who sent the request for the hunt, perform the hunt and then go to the person to receive the reward. Some hunts are easy to do as you just have go to the location and fight the monster while others you have to perform certain tasks to have the monster to appear, such as defeat all common monsters in the location before leaving then coming back to find it there or have a team with only one gender. The marks themselves are are generally mini bosses or full Side bosses.....7 of the trophies are from defeating specific marks. Then there are also the rare game, 80 mini-bosses that you have to find yourself and might only appear rarely or need specific tasks to complete.

My second recommendation is Prototype. I'm not fully sure about this one as while you are being hunted and are hunting certain opponents it's more of a Hack and Slash game. Then again, God of War is as well.

My third recommendation is Final Fantasy XII. There is a hunting system you can unlock if you reach chapter 11, where you do hunt for crystals for certain opponents. It admittedly wasn't as enjoyable as the TZA hunts for myself, but i'll thought i'll mention it as they are hunts.

I also heard Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA and Nioh has you hunt monsters, but I've yet to play them. If they fit for your list however, I recommend them.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mapa said:

I'd like to enter. ^_^

Aaand you're entered. Welcome & happy hunting!

6 minutes ago, giantturnip said:

I'll enter the comp. I will be interesting getting into/back towards some of those games......particularly Bloodborne.

I have some recommendations for some of the games that can potentially be put on the list as well......although some I'm already past 5%, so I can't go for them.

My 1st recommendation is Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. Hunting Plays an important part of the game, and I've heard many people generally consider it their favourite side content. You have to unlock the hunt by taking the request at a notice board or Guild hall you join, talk to the person who sent the request for the hunt, perform the hunt and then go to the person to receive the reward. Some hunts are easy to do as you just have go to the location and fight the monster while others you have to perform certain tasks to have the monster to appear, such as defeat all common monsters in the location before leaving then coming back to find it there or have a team with only one gender. The marks themselves are are generally mini bosses or full Side bosses.....7 of the trophies are from defeating specific marks. Then there are also the rare game, 80 mini-bosses that you have to find yourself and might only appear rarely or need specific tasks to complete.

My second recommendation is Prototype. I'm not fully sure about this one as while you are being hunted and are hunting certain opponents it's more of a Hack and Slash game. Then again, God of War is as well.

My third recommendation is Final Fantasy XII. There is a hunting system you can unlock if you reach chapter 11, where you do hunt for crystals for certain opponents. It admittedly wasn't as enjoyable as the TZA hunts for myself, but i'll thought i'll mention it as they are hunts.

I also heard Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA and Nioh has you hunt monsters, but I've yet to play them. If they fit for your list however, I recommend them.

Welcome & happy hunting!

This is the first post that gives a reason as to why I would include Final Fantasy XII. I'll add it.

Prototype I won't include, mainly because I don't like the game and don't see the hunting theme. Also I only want what I consider good games on the list.

Final Fantasy XIII for me feels like the ''hunts'', if you can even call them that, are only included to have some sort of side content and are not at all well utilized. I'd go more for ''the group'' are the hunted ones, but even that I find a little fishy. I'll think more about it.

Nioh is a consideration of mine but I also need to take a deeper look at it, as I haven't played it yet.