School Shooters Inspired By Video Games? Not So Fast!

Bullstomp

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

Donald Trump is a 72 year old man with the mentality of a 10 year old. You can have a spoiled 10 year old kid be the president and I wouldn't see the difference. Trump was already an asshole on The Apprentice. How he even became a political candidate to begin with is beyond me.

These are some of the truest words I've heard lately.  I'd guess a lot of 10 year olds are more mature than him, actually!   To top it all off, he has zero political experience.  It's like a Fortune 500 company hiring someone who's on their 1st day at some frigging greasy spoon to quit there, come in, & be their CEO.  I think these rich bastards like Trump & the Koch Bros. need to be socked with more taxes rather than mooching off the middle class.

I'm all for this political CF getting a hard reset.  Throw them all out & let the people vote anew.  OMG... that reminds me of a good book by Peter Schweizer called exactly that, Throw Them All Out.  Politicians get off scot free with bullshit that would land most others in prison.  Land deals, cronyism, insider stock tips, etc. And... taking bribes.  Bribes?  Yeah. It's just called accepting lobbyist donations.  I think that's a loophole needing to be closed.

Until a 3rd party gets the deserved recognition, it's a matter of who's the lesser evil.  What we need is a None Of The Above option on the ballot.  I'm pretty sure NOTA would've had a good chance in 2016.  This would be a nice way to flip the bird at both major parties.

53 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

These are some of the truest words I've heard lately.  I'd guess a lot of 10 year olds are more mature than him, actually!   To top it all off, he has zero political experience.  It's like a Fortune 500 company hiring someone who's on their 1st day at some frigging greasy spoon to quit there, come in, & be their CEO.  I think these rich bastards like Trump & the Koch Bros. need to be socked with more taxes rather than mooching off the middle class.

I'm curious as to how old you are. I don't like to judge people by their age or anything and I mean no offense, but I'm just wondering.

Trump filed for bankruptcy several times and his Trump University was a complete scam. He has all the makings of a con man, and he's among the most successful con men out there. Even with filing for bankruptcy, he still managed to hold onto a few billion dollars? That right there is fucked up.

Anyway, there's not a lot I can say at this point that I haven't already said. I weep for this future.

If you think it's bad now, wait 20 - 25 years. We're going to be left with nothing.

Just now, Spaz said:

Trump filed for bankruptcy several times and his Trump University was a complete scam. He has all the makings of a con man, and he's among the most successful con men out there. Even with filing for bankruptcy, he still managed to hold onto a few billion dollars? That right there is fucked up.

Anyway, there's not a lot I can say at this point that I haven't already said. I weep for this future.

If you think it's bad now, wait 20 - 25 years. We're going to be left with nothing.

There is that as well.  I feel truly sad for those who got gypped by Trump University.  It had no NY State Education Department license, so Trump tried to rebadge it as Trump Enterpreneur Initiative LLC.  People lost big... $20,000 on the low end, going as high as $60,000.  High pressure sales tactics including bait & switch?  Yep.   Regarding his bankruptcies, Trump should have had to take quite a piece of his billion dollar fortune to pay those creditors out of his pocket.

May the Mueller probe turn up something major.  Even if Trump does end up under impeachment, it's most likely much too late for that to matter a lot. November 2020 will surely come around before the trial wraps up.   What is my feeling about this future?  Yes, I am more than a little nervous about it, while still holding out a cautious hope. Honestly, I pray that things start to straighten out within that 20-25 years so it doesn't have to go downhill.  It's going to take a miracle.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:24 PM, gameoverDude189 said:

There is that as well.  I feel truly sad for those who got gypped by Trump University.  It had no NY State Education Department license, so Trump tried to rebadge it as Trump Enterpreneur Initiative LLC.  People lost big... $20,000 on the low end, going as high as $60,000.  High pressure sales tactics including bait & switch?  Yep.   Regarding his bankruptcies, Trump should have had to take quite a piece of his billion dollar fortune to pay those creditors out of his pocket.

May the Mueller probe turn up something major.  Even if Trump does end up under impeachment, it's most likely much too late for that to matter a lot. November 2020 will surely come around before the trial wraps up.   What is my feeling about this future?  Yes, I am more than a little nervous about it, while still holding out a cautious hope. Honestly, I pray that things start to straighten out within that 20-25 years so it doesn't have to go downhill.  It's going to take a miracle.

My problem is even if Trump gets impeached, it’s going to be too late. 

We need a strong leader who can aspire us to achieve our goals and make a lasting difference. 

Look what Martin Luther King Jr did. There is nobody like that anymore and it’s sad. 

Nothing more I can say really. The school shootings of the past several years reveal a pattern. But nobody is going to step up to try to get people to listen. For one, the lack of funding for mental health, and two, the lack of commitment. 

So our incarceration rates will remain high and those who need help will get charged with criminal offenses and put in prison. 

• Like 1

Well if you don't have private health cover then screw you.

If you need guns as protection against guns, then I'm taking drugs to protect me from drugs. Have private health in a country that doesn't even need it as well.

Edited by Z1MZUM

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

Look what Martin Luther King Jr did. There is nobody like that anymore and it’s sad. 

Yes, he was the type who would surely be a good president.  

Now one real problem is that a POTUS's job is virtually guaranteed for 4 years, bar something flagrant.   I wish Presidential recall referenda were a thing.  If a POTUS would have to fight to keep their job every November, I'd hope it would make them care more about what we think.

• 3 months later...
On 5/25/2019 at 0:42 AM, o__Natalia__o said:

I see no relation between video games and violence. I have played a lot of Battlefield 4 but the idea of holding a real gun scares me a bit. Besides, I am pretty sure there was plenty of violence before video games were created.

I have played my fair share of FPS & gun games (like Razing Storm, Time Crisis 4 & 5). That said, holding a real gun would scare me a bit as well.

All these people trying to blame video games for violence are using them as a scapegoat rather than addressing the real issues. Banning or censoring video games won't bring a halt to violence. To those who say "think of the children"... Sony, Nintendo, & Microsoft already have. That's what the consoles' parental locks are for.

Edited by gameoverDude189