Meh. Let it go.

Toogie53

3 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I thought the trophy milestones jumped from 50 to 75 on PSNP.

Been meaning to get to Transistor, as well. Sitting in my backlog waiting for a good weekend I can dedicate to it. Glad it was there to enjoy in lieu of other aspects of life.

You are totally right! I thought it was every 10 until 100. I guess it doesn't matter which plat I do next then. So I will actually cross Transistor off totally for now. It will work nicely for one of the categories I have planned for the April-May event. I'll wrap it up then.

yorbie.png

I took on Yorbie tonight. I bought for like forty-nine cents or something ridiculous like that about two days after I got my PS4. I figured I was probably going to get what I was paying for and it would be a crap game. However, it is better than that thought it would be. If you compare Yorbie to some of the Steam Early Access/Green Light/Direct bull crap this is down right refreshing. The art is nice and original. It's fully functional. The music is a bit generic but does the job. Everything could use some polish and refinement. I don't think they would be the next Ratchet and Clank, but I got some of those vibes while playing it. There are a handful of guns and they were fun to experiment with. The game play is where it struggles most. All the personality I saw through the menus and cut scenes kind of goes away. You kind of play a slow, generic dual-stick shooter while Duke Nukem-like one liners are fired off every now and then by the voice actor. There isn't much animation and movement feels awkward somehow. It feels half-baked; like an alpha release to something that would have been pretty good. I don't recommend this for anyone. Sometimes weaker games can still be good for trophy hunters. However, I can't even recommend this for that purpose. The trophies are split between half very easy and half very hard. One is even downright impossible because there are no profiles that have earned it. I'm sure most hunters would hate having an incomplete on their record. It is interesting to see an impossible trophy related to difficulty instead of bugs though. You don't see that very often. I worked this to rank A in about an hour. There are two easy trophies still out there for the taking. I might grab them and try for a couple of the harder trophies. I left the game installed just in case the mood strikes, but I'm most likely never going to launch the game again.

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 1

I am taking some of my praise for Yorbie back. After going back in and playing through the entire game to the finish, I realized that this game actually is quite broken in places. The plat isn't just difficulty related. There are literally situations where you can't succeed without a death and enough odd glitches that it would be a miracle if you weren't killed at least a few times just from random shit the game does. It went from below average to bad in my book. 

• Like 1

SOMEWHAT DAILY UPDATE:

DESTINY >>> RANK D

I thought my weekend would be more busy but unexpectedly it was not. My wife had made plans and I thought I was included in them. However, instead I was left at home to my own devices. My device of choice is the PS4, of course ?. Friday, it was just me and my almost teenage daughter (13 in a couple of weeks). We played quite a bit of Overwatch. I tried all night for McCree's four kill trophy and never pulled it off. We were taking turns playing Mei or Zarya to try to set each other up. We had a few good looks but neither of us popped trophies that night. After I got bored/frustrated with Overwatch, I decided to finally break out Destiny. It had been ages since I played that last. I left my level 27 Titan waiting some more and I started up a fresh Warlock. My daughter decided she'd try it out too and she started up a hunter. We zipped through a lot of content together and got to level 16 or so. We also made room for random fun times like trying to climb trees and also following around people in the Tower and dancing whenever they stopped. They had their own personal unasked-for entourage. My favorite was a guy that ran around trying to ditch us and then eventually threw himself off the Tower and committed suicide. I told my daughter we might technically be labeled as cyber-bullies now. Last night, I had more free time and I decided to see what my Titan was up to. I did a few Taken King quests and I leveled up pretty quickly. Then started working on boosting some PVP trophies. I got a bit of Mafia 3 in as well. Not much to report there. I saw my first glitch in the game. When activating Vito and Burke the rackets in their district did not show up on the map at all. Restarting the game was enough to solve that so nothing major to complain about. I was confused at what I should be doing next for a couple of minutes. This game is going to be a bigger priority for me during the week. I still need to finish this game and No Man's Sky before The Love Boat's deadline, which I think is the 19th. So I want to wrap up Mafia this weekend at the latest because I am not far into No Man's Sky at all and will need some time for that. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

1L5435f7.png

Platinum #60: Mafia 3

I think this game is great. It took a little while for me to get into it, but the more I played it the more I enjoyed it. The music is excellent!!! The action is pretty steady the whole time and I liked the fake documentary style cut scenes that are interspersed throughout the narrative. I really enjoyed Donovan. He cracked me up a few times. The game will seem a little hard at first. It's really easy to get yourself killed. You just need to play smart. As soon as your playstyle adapts, you'll find it a lot of fun. It enables a lot of stealth elements. Sometimes, you'll slowly take people out one by one. Other times, you're going to be looking for that perfect position to toss a grenade over the fence or through a window. A few times, you might even find a ladder taking you up to a good sniper point. There's tons of different approaches to each situation. Going in guns blazing seemed to be the hardest though. I didn't play the DLCs yet. Someday, I'll gladly revisit New Bordeaux to get the 100% on this very worthy game.

Some tips for future Mafia 3 players

• Figure out brutal take downs early. They stun everyone around you; enabling to you make a dash for cover or heal when the odds are getting overwhelming.
  • Get in the habit of storing your money and stocking up on ammo and healthkits before combat. Just call your associates, they come to you within seconds. 
  • Grenades are great. Especially for Kill missions. Just toss a grenade into the room and walk back to your car like a bad ass. 
  • Once you've bought a gun from the arms dealer, you have it forever. You can call him in and reequip it with full ammo for free.
  • Pick up the Judge, Jury, Executioner DLC pack (free) and you get three guns at the arms dealer. Combine with previous tip and you'll never need to buy ammo or a new gun throughout the entire game, unless you actually want to. You also get a silenced pistol which make stealth play a lot more fun and effective.
Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

SOMEWHAT DAILY UPDATE:

TINY TROOPERS - RANK E >>> RANK C

I had a bit of time this morning and I played through the soldier campaign on this game. It's not very good, but it's not bad either. They have a purchasable power up that makes it overly simple. You can buy a map of each level and it shows the location of all enemies and power ups. So it's more about running around and cleaning up the map. With that you know there will be two guys on the left and a tank on the right and can easily ready yourself to take that on effectively. One bummer was that I realized that I can't 100% because the free version I got on PS Plus doesn't have the zombie DLC. However, they don't sell that DLC separately. So if you want to 100% it, you have to buy the "complete edition" of the game and that annoyed me. It's a small studio and the game isn't half bad, and even the complete edition is less than ten bucks. I'll probably just buy it and show support for an indie studio. I just hate feeling like I'm being tricked into it. I'd happily purchase just the DLC for the 100%. Because of that, I think I will wait for 100% until I can stick this into an event list to match a theme and if it goes on sale before that and I get the complete version for the price I'd expect the DLC to be, even better. 

Edited by Toogie53

SOMEWHAT DAILY UPDATE:

No Man's Sky - RANK E >>> RANK C

I finally got back into No Man's Sky last night. I am a bit worried about finishing it on time for the Love Boat event. The trophy guide estimates 35 hours and I've put in about 8 so far. I think that means I need to play this like it's my job. The trophies are interesting in the sense that they build on each other and you are just doing the same things over and over. You might earn a bronze for scanning all the animals on one planet, and the silver would be like scanning all the animals on 3 planets and the gold would be scanning all the animals on 10 planets. I'm not sure about those exact numbers but they work like that. I'm going to try to focus on one of those things each night to earn a gold before bed. Then on the weekend I can do the grindier ones. Last night was money. Tonight, I'm going to focus on learning words of alien languages. The gold for just walking around might happen too. I'm not really worried about that one though, because I've already gotten silver on it through natural game play. 

• Like 1

enmdrNe.png

I got Tiny Troopers to RANK A after work yesterday. The only gold trophy is for beating both campaigns. I beat the, both but it didn't pop. I was a little worried, but I just reloaded the final stage of one of the campaigns and replayed it and it popped that time. Each level takes about 3-5 minutes, with a couple of exceptions being longer. The game isn't very hard or have any difficult concepts to figure out. You get money really easily and if you ever get in a tough spot, you can just call in a health kit, grenades, more troops, etc. There are plenty of things that will just one shot you though. A few of my deaths came from my own explosives, which usually made me lol. Failing a mission isn't much of a punishment because you aren't ever really heavily invested into it. Overall the game is pretty fun, but it feels like it should be a $1.99 in a mobile app store. There are tons of bad textures. The cut scenes are pixelated because the art assets were probably made with a smaller screen in mind. The levels were small and it seems like something you could hop in and out of quickly, which is ideal for mobile. Still, I'd say I had a pretty good time with the game. I want to take it to 100% but the DLC thing with this game is stupid. I got it free on PS plus and I'd be willing to shell out a couple bucks for the DLC. However, the DLC isn't available separately. If I spot the "Complete Edition" on sale, I'd be willing to revisit the game and finish off the 100%. For now, I am done with it.

I just got a link to just buy the zombie DLC for Tiny Troopers! It is really weird how it wasn't coming up in my searches. @donut_plz sent me a link and it was for a different region, but it did forward me to the same product on the North American store. I'll add it below for the sake of posterity. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4382-PCSE00432_00-TTJODLC01ZOMBIES?smcid=psblog%3Ablognav%3A%3Aps-blog-blog.us.playstation.com

9 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I just got a link to just buy the zombie DLC for Tiny Troopers! It is really weird how it wasn't coming up in my searches. @donut_plz sent me a link and it was for a different region, but it did forward me to the same product on the North American store. I'll add it below for the sake of posterity. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4382-PCSE00432_00-TTJODLC01ZOMBIES?smcid=psblog%3Ablognav%3A%3Aps-blog-blog.us.playstation.com

That game is on my list, that link will come in handy I'm sure

SOMEWHAT DAILY UPDATE:

After I got the link, I picked up the Tiny Troopers DLC. I played through that last night in about 15 minutes. It's pretty short. The main game had two campaigns one with about twenty missions and another with about thirty missions and also a zombie wave survival mode. The DLC had eight missions and that's it. There wasn't anything particularly special about them. Pretty much nothing new objective-wise. You just had zombie enemies instead of normal. However, it felt like the zombies were even easier to kill than the normal dudes. It might just be that my guns are pretty upgraded at this point though. I also worked on the wave based survival mode. The exploit in the PSNP trophy guide where you go behind a fence and the zombies can't get you seems to have been patched. There is a stack of crates blocking the path now, so I had to do get to wave 25 legitimately. It only took three tries. It probably would have been two but I wasn't quite far enough away from a grenade I threw out during wave 21. It killed two of my own soldiers. The loss of firepower made it so I couldn't DPS fast enough to keep up with the swarming zombies and I went down in wave 23. While nothing special, I did feel like this was the funnest and most challenging part of the trophy list. Doing it legitimately paid off in that way. I would have missed out on some of the best this game had to offer.I have one trophy left for fully upgrading my troops and its going to be a bit of a grind. I think I have earned about half of the money I need for all the upgrades. I have most upgrades. However, they are progressively more expensive. The lowest tier upgrades were like 25,000, but the upper tier upgrades can be up to a million each. I'm guessing I need 3-4 hours of grinding for money to earn the rest. Not a terrible grind, but I'll probably spread that out over a couple of days so I can work on No Man's Sky.

I'm in a time crunch with No Man's Sky. I need to finish it up by the end of the weekend for The Love Boat. I'm hopefully earning an trophy right now, while I'm at work. You have to survive for 30 or so days on an extreme planet which is 8-12 hours real time depending on that planet's particular orbit, rotation speed, size, etc. I found an extreme planet and then found a safe spot. I'm basically inside of a storage closet where the radiation won't affect me. I left the game on last night and went to bed, but it looks like the PS4 went into rest mode after an hour or so. So before I left it for today, I rubberbanded the controller and now am spinning around in circles, inside a storage closet, on a random planet, in a random star system. It's kind of funny to think about if the game actually had multiplayer and someone came across this. Anyway, hopefully this prevents the PS4 from going to rest mode. If it doesn't, I'll have to look for a setting to disable rest mode or something. Assuming that works out, tonight's goal is to meet another dozen or so aliens for that gold trophy and maybe AFK grind the walking trophy with more rubber banding. I would have done that today in conjunction with the survival trophy, but there's no where to walk around in that closet sized spot I'm in. The walking trophy is no big deal and would come through natural gameplay. I'm most of the way there already, but I want to pop it today. 

Edited by Toogie53

17 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

So before I left it for today, I rubberbanded the controller and now am spinning around in circles, inside a storage closet, on a random planet, in a random star system.

Haha thats classic.

I had a laugh in Journey last night too when my companion was pinging me to come to his location and I walked towards him and promptly faceplanted in the snow in front of him. He started pinging like mad as I lay in the snow. I can only assume he was shocked and didn't know what was going on. I know I would have been if I hadn't learned about the faceplanting from @PermaFox. xD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, donut_plz said:

Haha thats classic.

I had a laugh in Journey last night too when my companion was pinging me to come to his location and I walked towards him and promptly faceplanted in the snow in front of him. He started pinging like mad as I lay in the snow. I can only assume he was shocked and didn't know what was going on. I know I would have been if I hadn't learned about the faceplanting from @PermaFox. xD

I booted up Journey again over the weekend and freaked people out by face planting at random points of the game and just laying there. It was fun to watch them circle around me and chime over and over etc. thanks @PermaFox for pointing this out. It was fun to goof around with. I still have it installed if you want to make an attempt at companion with me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

I booted up Journey again over the weekend and freaked people out by face planting at random points of the game and just laying there. It was fun to watch them circle around me and chime over and over etc. thanks @PermaFox for pointing this out. It was fun to goof around with. I still have it installed if you want to make an attempt at companion with me. 

May take you up on that tonight if I cant find another decent player to journey with.

I got home from work and No Man's Sky had crashed and I lost my progress on that trophy. I dind't want to leave that planet until I got that trophy, so it kind of screws up my plans for progressing tonight. I was going to keep pushing forward with finishing it but my inner voice was like.. 

giphy.gif

So I was thinking over what I could swap. I have a very short game but I didn't want to play that either. Then @Dr_Mayus made the great suggestion that I replace it with Back to the Future the game! Because Marty's family is from Ireland!

giphy.gif

HELLO MCFLY!! I was totally blown away. I never even thought about the Irish connections in this game. I mean..

giphy.gif

This is perfect. I wanted to finish that game and it's completely doable in my remaining time. It's a total no brainer.

giphy.gif

It's no secret that No Man's Sky is not my favorite game. However, it's perfectly playable in its current state. It's just very not interesting. I plan to finish it in the downtime between The Love Boat and Spring Fling. Maybe...

giphy.gif

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

I dig the use of gifs :), That feeling was exactly how I felt playing Shadow of Modor. I would come home and just not have fun playing it. When that plat popped I was like "DONE" and ejected the game and will never look at it again.

Enjoy BttF, hopefully you enjoy the story as much as I did. Also good luck with the next contest. I will be skipping this one but will look forward to more in the future.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Enjoy BttF, hopefully you enjoy the story as much as I did. Also good luck with the next contest. I will be skipping this one but will look forward to more in the future.

Thanks for the well wishes. It's kind of a shame you're skipping though. You usually made me laugh with your posts about all the weird crap you did on the Love Boat Voyage. I'm not pressuring you to join. I will just eagerly anticipate the next time you do.