Meh. Let it go.

Toogie53

16 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Thanks for the well wishes. It's kind of a shame you're skipping though. You usually made me laugh with your posts about all the weird crap you did on the Love Boat Voyage. I'm not pressuring you to join. I will just eagerly anticipate the next time you do. 

Well thanks :) It just when I thought about what I was playing and what the "goal" of the event was it made me laugh.

I just want to start working on my Ultra Rare Alphabet goal so Quantum Theory (once I find enough boosters) is going to take up all my gaming time :| Hopefully I can get my Ultra Rare Q out of the way and get back to events :D

FYI I have some good Horror games saved up if you do a Halloween event.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well thanks :) It just when I thought about what I was playing and what the "goal" of the event was it made me laugh.

I just want to start working on my Ultra Rare Alphabet goal so Quantum Theory (once I find enough boosters) is going to take up all my gaming time :| Hopefully I can get my Ultra Rare Q out of the way and get back to events :D

FYI I have some good Horror games saved up if you do a Halloween event.

That's a cool goal. I'll probably look into something like that once my profile clean-up project is done. I think I have about 20 or so fitting games for a Halloween event. I definitely plan to do it again. It will follow the 3 plus a bonus format because my events became more casual after that initial one. To honor the past though, I'm going to offer free lifetime premium membership to people that want to go for 13 games during it. They'll of course have to finish and I'll probably have to set a cap based on how many I can afford at that time. 

Edited by Toogie53

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

That's a cool goal. I'll probably look into something like that once my profile clean-up project is done. I think I have about 20 or so fitting games for a Halloween event. I definitely plan to do it again. It will follow the 3 plus a bonus format because my events became more casual after that initial one. To honor the past though, I'm going to offer free lifetime premium membership to people that want to go for 13 games during it. They'll of course have to finish and I'll probably have to set a cap based on how many I can afford at that time. 

Well I can't wait :)

The nice thing about the events is it encourages you to finish off games you have been ignoring. That extra incentive is a good kick in the ass :D

13 horror platinums is quite a lot so hopefully you won't have to buy too many :)

1Lecf755.png

Platinum #61: Back the the Future: The Game 

I started this game several months ago. I was trying to play it with my wife following along because she's a big fan of the movies, but it just never worked out that we played it again after episode one. Overall, I really enjoyed it. I found some good guides by T_I_M_B_O and they helped me make sure I wasn't going to have to repeat sections because of missable trophies. Except, I somehow still did miss one in episode 3. I don't have any pro tips on this game. This is typical Tell Tale Game fare. The missable trophies are way more frequent here than in their more recent titles. The two things that I didn't like were the super generic platinum trophy image and the guitar sections. It somehow kept putting Marty into situations where his guitar skills or guitar noise were supposed to save the day, and then the guitar music/sounds were just shit. I've heard better guitar music coming out of toddler toys. All of those scenes fell flat and made me wonder why they kept writing themselves into these corners. Other than that, the rest of the game music was pretty good and fit the environments and story. The story was entertaining and fits in pretty well with the movies. There was one odd part towards the end where you are helping a delusional old lady that I thought was kind of dumb. But again, small complaint compared to the quality of the rest. I think I'll leave it at that. It's a good game, but I don't think this would win them new fans. I would only recommend it if you like Tell Tale Games or Back to the Future already.

Sfbb60b.png - Titanfall 2 added to backlog

Despite not wanting my backlog to grow, I somehow picked up Titanfall 2 for sale this week and I started right in with it. I really appreciated that the developer went out of their way to make single player the focus for trophies. The multiplayer trophies are super simple. The hardest being simply for getting a single win. I do enjoy multiplayer games, but I hate trophies like the ones in Overwatch where luck is more important than anything else you bring to the game. Everything so far, tells me I'm going to really like this game. I'm going to try to finish it ASAP. I'm only worried about the Becomes the Master trophy. I decided to play through the game before I spend much time on the guantlet. However, I'm dying so frequently, that I don't think I'm learning much about the fluidity possible in the movement this game has.

Edited by Toogie53

Well, I got a random stomach bug and took the past couple of days off of work. I've played a lot of games at home in the meantime. I ground out the final trophy in Tiny Troopers. I just played a 30 second level over and over again while listening to an audio book to earn up the funds needed to buy all the upgrades. I also started trying to re-familiarize myself with Bloodborne, since I plan to do the DLC in the upcoming event. I suck at it again though. I pretty much instantly got stuck on the cleric beast. I'm not feeling good and I don't think I'm playing at my best; but still, It's the first boss of a game I have played before. LOL. I've only made about five attempts at him, but it's just not working out. I'm going to level myself up a bit and try again when I'm not level one. 

titanfall2.png

I have gotten Titanfall 2 up to rank A. I've enjoyed it more than I expected to and think it's a good game. I haven't done a ton of it but the multiplayer is very good. The campaign has a lot of variety and is interesting. Playing through on Master difficulty is a little bit harder than something like Uncharted. It forces you to play defensively, but often doesn't give you much in the way of cover. The tooltips will say things, like "Wallrunning makes you harder to shoot." but the bad guys seem to hit me no matter how much I move. On the plus side, it is usually possible to just run forward to the next checkpoint; so you can advance the game if you're getting frustrated. You even have an invisibility cloak that last for a couple of seconds to help out with this tactic.

I want the platinum but two trophies stand in my way. The difficult trophy for running the gauntlet in under 33.65 seconds. I've tried it for about a half an hour and got below 40 seconds a couple of times. I think there is hope that I can pull it off. I haven't made many attempts at it,. I've been spending time on the other trophy I am missing. It's called Annihilation and you have to kill 20 enemies in less than 2 seconds. It glitched on me though. There's really only one spot in the game to get it. I did it about five or six times before I gave up on it. I deleted my save and am replaying the campaign. I have to replay pretty much the whole thing because the spot to do this is at the very end of the game. It's going a lot faster though since I am playing on easy difficulty and don't need to worry about the collectibles. Hopefully, the replay will be worth it. I believe trophies glitch because they register as being done in the save file but that it isn't communicated to the PS4 OS. Since PS4 OS never gets the message, the trophy doesn't pop. Wen you fulfill the requirements again, the save file thinks you already have the trophy and doesn't bother to resubmit it to the PS4 OS. But a fresh save file should fix it.

Edited by 2G53

I got the glitched "Annihilation" trophy late last night after replaying the Titanfall 2 campaign. Going through the game on easy was a lot of fun and took much less time than the Master playthrough. I died a few times but mostly due to platforming issues where I was trying to go too fast. I was crushed by a titan dropping into combat once and thought that was really funny. Tonight I will work on the dreaded "Becomes the Master" Trophy. I made a few attempts at it last night after the campaign and hit 38-45 seconds each time. I think I just need to find a more ideal route through it. My biggest slowdown is not smoothly sliding under the gap in the wall. I'll watch those Youtube videos in the guide tonight and hopefully I can make it happen. 

Edited by 2G53

5 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

I got the glitched "Annihilation" trophy late last night after replaying the Titanfall 2 campaign. Going through the game on easy was a lot of fun and took much less time than the Master playthrough. I died a few times but mostly due to platforming issues where I was trying to go too fast. I was crushed by a titan dropping into combat once and thought that was really funny. Tonight I will work on the dreaded "Becomes the Master" Trophy. I made a few attempts at it last night after the campaign and hit 38-45 seconds each time. I think I just need to find a more ideal route through it. My biggest slowdown is not smoothly sliding under the gap in the wall. I'll watch those Youtube videos in the guide tonight and hopefully I can make it happen. 

Annihilation is glitched? I just used chapter select and killed 25 infantry in 2 seconds in the area specified in the guide on the site. :hmm:

Just now, Kent10201 said:

Annihilation is glitched? I just used chapter select and killed 25 infantry in 2 seconds in the area specified in the guide on the site. :hmm:

Annihilation glitched on me, but I think its mostly bad luck. I don't think it's a glitch many people will experience. I ran that portion several times and it wasn't popping. I then reviewed the recorded video to see if I just thought I was doing it right. But upon review, I clearly killed 30-40 in a single second multiple times. I think what happens is the trophy registers to your save file and not to PSN because of some random happenstance. Then as you try again and again and do the trophy, it never pops because your save file thinks it is already done. By deleting the save file, and trying again, you free it up to tell your console, "Hey! They just did the trophy!" After I ran through the game on a new save file, I got the trophy the first time. I also reinstall the game at the same time, but I think the save file is the culprit. This approach has worked for me on four or five games now. I also told @Lorajet recently when they had a similar issue in The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.  They had performed the trophy requirements multiple times and it just never popped. They were frustrated and gave up on the platinum. I told them what I do and they tried it out and it worked for them too. I am only annoyed with Annihilation because the only opportunity for this particular trophy is pretty much at the very end of the campaign. If it was the stealth take-down trophy which you can do right at the beginning it wouldn't be worth mentioning. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Annihilation glitched on me, but I think its mostly bad luck. I don't think it's a glitch many people will experience. I ran that portion several times and it wasn't popping. I then reviewed the recorded video to see if I just thought I was doing it right. But upon review, I clearly killed 30-40 in a single second multiple times. I think what happens is the trophy registers to your save file and not to PSN because of some random happenstance. Then as you try again and again and do the trophy, it never pops because your save file thinks it is already done. By deleting the save file, and trying again, you free it up to tell your console, "Hey! They just did the trophy!" After I ran through the game on a new save file, I got the trophy the first time. I also reinstall the game at the same time, but I think the save file is the culprit. This approach has worked for me on four or five games now. I also told @Lorajet recently when they had a similar issue in The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.  They had performed the trophy requirements multiple times and it just never popped. They were frustrated and gave up on the platinum. I told them what I do and they tried it out and it worked for them too. I am only annoyed with Annihilation because the only opportunity for this particular trophy is pretty much at the very end of the campaign. If it was the stealth take-down trophy which you can do right at the beginning it wouldn't be worth mentioning. 

That's a shame. On the bright side the game is awesome so doing two playthroughs of it isn't too much of a pain. Good luck on the gauntlet, you're gonna need it. :ninja:

@2G53 Came across this thread. You've made amazing progress on platinum trophies and completing games in just under a year man, congrats! I was actually considering making a similar post myself to organize my ever growing backlog of games and my desire to catch up is still there. You've got some really nice formatting and layout to your organization ? Good luck on your pursuit of beating them games.

I had actually considered doing the same thing you almost did, starting a completely new psn profile. For the same reason as you, I've got a few crappy ps+ titles that I just can't seem to want to finish or am capable of finishing lol.

9 minutes ago, LordSlashington said:

@2G53 Came across this thread. You've made amazing progress on platinum trophies and completing games in just under a year man, congrats! I was actually considering making a similar post myself to organize my ever growing backlog of games and my desire to catch up is still there. You've got some really nice formatting and layout to your organization 1f44c.png Good luck on your pursuit of beating them games.

I had actually considered doing the same thing you almost did, starting a completely new psn profile. For the same reason as you, I've got a few crappy ps+ titles that I just can't seem to want to finish or am capable of finishing lol.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback on the layout and the praise on the progress. I think it's funny to look at my stats. I can clearly see when I decided to start the hunt for trophies. If you make a similar tracking post, let me know. I'm happy to go root for you. 

Untitled.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback on the layout and the praise on the progress. I think it's funny to look at my stats. I can clearly see when I decided to start the hunt for trophies. If you make a similar tracking post, let me know. I'm happy to go root for you. 

Untitled.png

I absolutely adore the ability for a stats screen to even exist here. Being able to see all the dips and flat lines is a really amazing feature imo. Definitely will!

I was hoping to finish off Titanfall 2 yesterday since there is just one trophy left. After work I ran some errands and took my daughter to the store so she could spend a gift card she got for her birthday. When we came back, my wife was unexpectedly awake and felt good enough to come out of the bedroom. So I took advantage of that. We watched Bright on Netflix and it was really enjoyable. There's room for improvement but I liked it quite a bit. Afterwards, I spent 15 minutes or so trying for the trophy but I was pretty tired. I had a couple of heart breakers. I feel that any run could be the one. Here's a video of my first heartbreaker. When it happened my face must have been something to see! I was like NOOOOOOO!  

1L8f9b2f.png

Platinum #62: Titanfall 2

Friday, I just had one goal. I wanted the Becomes the Master trophy in Titanfall 2. We had a bunch of stuff going on that night, so I got about 45 minutes to try after work and just didn't quite get there. Had about 2 or 3 heart breaker runs. One, I think I would have finished around the 30 second mark, but I was coming in high and my guy gripped the wall like I was wall running and would not come down! Another one happened that looked like I might finish in 31 something, and I was too low and ended up dangling from the door ledge and by the time I pulled myself up I finished at 34+. Late that night, I got my next chance. I was working on it while the kids were getting ready for bed. They were playing with the dog and doing something funny and my wife was trying to show me something on her phone and stuff. I just kind of mechanically was playing it, and finished under the time and popped the trophy. It didn't even register with me that I was having a good run or anything. I kind of just glanced at the clock as I was making my final jump and realized this was it! I just kind of dropped the controller at the end in disbelief. I don't think the run was particularly impressive because it had a few "mistakes" in it. I slid through the door just a hair under the requirement, but I'll take it!

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 1

Saturday morning, I was trying to decide what I should work on next, I kind of still need to spend time on No Man's Sky because I want the platinum, but I was in the mood for something in the horror genre. I downloaded three games, Killing Floor 2, SOMA, and Little Nightmares. I played them in that order. Killing Floor 2 seemed alright, but centers around wave based survival and I wanted more of a horror movie kind of feel. I stopped after a couple of minutes and decided to check out SOMA. I was annoyed with SOMA kind of quick. You just start in a apartment and need to find some fluid your doctor asked you to drink, but you don't know what it looks like just that "it's around here somewhere." I went through everything multiple times, but somehow overlooked the top drawer of the desk. So I spent about 30-45 minutes goofing around and throwing all of the food that was in the fridge into the toilet and stuff like that. I was about to give up and look at a guide when I finally opened the correct drawer and saw the damn stuff.

After that, you have a quick cut scene, and then you're in a new room. It's your doctor's office and its completely void of any people and the doors are locked. You again need to look around and find things with no real indication of what you are looking for. In real life, if I went to my doctors office and no one was there, my next move wouldn't be to jump onto their computer and start going through email or going through their desk hoping to find a way to break into the back office. If this was an escape room game, then fine. But I was hoping for something more narrative. Bad motivation aside, this puzzle was much easier for me.This time there was a longer cut scene but you are again put into a new room to escape. After about 15 minutes, I think to break the window and climb out of the room instead of trying to find a way to open the door.

Now you're in a reasonably scary hallway, with a bunch of rooms and I fell like I am actually in a worthwhile game. I get the omnitool thing, figure out how to repair it and use it to unlock the next door and saw that I'm in a cool underwater research lab type place, kind of are reminiscent of Bioshock. After that, I was out of time and needed to do real life things like feed my kids, take the dog to the park etc. My kids played a bunch of Titanfall 2 multiplayer together (We have two PS4s). One of them eventually noticed I had installed Little Nightmares and they jumped into it and started playing it. I watched them play it for a while and I was sucked in and knew that would be the next game I would work on. Sorry SOMA!

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 2

@2G53 Great write-up on the games!  Laughed through your commentary, especially the "food in the fridge into the toilet".  Done stuff like that hoping something would trigger.  Always sucks when you get into the game and RL steps in to take you away. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

nightmares.png

I really enjoyed Little Nightmares. It's got this odd visual style that's pretty charming. It totally scratched that itch I had where I wanted something in the horror genre. It's not scary with over the top violence or jump scares etc. It has that same feel as a nightmare you might have had as a kid where everything is just a little bit creepy and ominous; and everyone is out to get you. I thought it was very enjoyable during the initial playthrough. The "Hard to the Core" trophy kind of ruined my positive impression though. The controls are pretty poor to have a speedrun with no deaths trophy. The controls are kind of loose and she has exaggerated movement. Also, you often are perched up high on beams or pipes etc and you can't seem to run in a straight line. Sometimes this is further complicated by the camera moving and changing your orientation with it. If they would have just made it a no deaths playthrough, where you could just worry about being careful, that would have been much better. It's still not a horrible trophy, but it lowered my overall enjoyment because it added a level of frustration to the experience. I think this game is great for the casual player who wouldn't be going for that trophy. I'm kind of sad that I didn't spring for the complete edition. I should have known better. I will eventually get the DLC so I can 100% this game. Overall, I really liked it. I'll probably go back to SOMA now. I think I left off right when it was starting to develop into something promising.

One last thing, one of my girls accidentally started a game on my profile.  She went to my profile so she could download some games from the library, as purchases are done on my account. She forgot to switch off though and started SPY CHAMELEON! UGH!! I have only heard  about it from one person, @Cassylvania, but it sounded like they thought it was really awful. I was planning to avoid it. It might not be that bad though. Cassylvania gets 100% on everything and my standards are lower. @donut_plz was saying he thinks that most trophies are easy and there's just a couple of terrible ones. If that's true, I can probably get it to Rank A before I hate life. Anyway, it's on the record now, so I had to add to my list to be cleaned up. 

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 3

Just now, donut_plz said:

Nice job Toogie! Was going to play Little Nightmares for the Spring challenge but decided I might save it for fall closer to Halloween. Now you got me rethinking that. :lol:

It would be a good fit for Spring Chicken. If you want to drop our Oceanhorn commitment, I got something else I could fit into Spring Fling too. 

1 minute ago, 2G53 said:

It would be a good fit for Spring Chicken. If you want to drop our Oceanhorn commitment, I got something else I could fit into Spring Fling too. 

Nah. Im going to keep Oceanhorn on the list. Should be fun to do for the event.

I just started Battle Chasers last night anyways and will be busy with that for a good while.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2G53 said:

One last thing, one of my girls accidentally started a game on my profile.  She went to my profile so she could download some games from the library, as purchases are done on my account. She forgot to switch off though and started SPY CHAMELEON! UGH!! I have only heard  about it from one person, @Cassylvania, but it sounded like they thought it was really awful. I was planning to avoid it. It might not be that bad though. Cassylvania gets 100% on everything and my standards are lower. @donut_plz was saying he thinks that most trophies are easy and there's just a couple of terrible ones. If that's true, I can probably get it to Rank A before I hate life. Anyway, it's on the record now, so I had to add to my list to be cleaned up. 

*GASP* NOOOOOOOOOO!

Just kidding. The game isn't awful. The levels are short (mostly 10-20 seconds), and the platinum could be earned in a single sitting, if you're really determined. It's just very frustrating because the controls are kinda clunky, and there isn't much room for error. You can tell it was meant to be a mobile game.

As for me...um, I forgot we weren't supposed to start until April 1st, and...I kinda started kicking the crap out of Dragon's Dogma. I'm not sure it's going to survive March. I would say there's an 85% chance that I'll need to replace it with another game. My bad.

• Like 2