Meh. Let it go.

Toogie53

1Lb65df4.png

Platinum #66: Hidden Agenda

I liked this game quite a bit. I talked about it above when I reached Rank A on it; and don't have much to add. I think you could save yourself a lot if time. if you make back-up saves at the beginning of part 2 and part 3. The story is kind of done like Tell Tale games are done. However, there is a trophy for each separate ending, so multiple plays are going to be required. I didn't mind playing the game several times without a guide to figure things out. Some of the twists and turns of the plot are pretty interesting. Most of the  trophies that pop at the end are related to things you did early in the story so having saves at the beginning of each act will help you not repeat as much as I did and save time when going down each story branch. 

• Like 3

I added two more games to my profile. So the clean-up list got a bigger again. I'm halfway through the year and still have 53 games on it! WTF?! On the plus side, I've been making progress on things, but not much of that progress is benefiting my clean-up efforts. I have taken a few games off my Spring Fling list now. It was pretty obvious to me that I wasn't going to finish them in time. For example, I feel that I have played too much Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. It's technically checked off the backlog because it is Rank A, but I was trying to platinum it for the event. I stopped having fun and was starting to get annoyed with progression and decided it would be best to take a break from it for a couple of weeks. Nioh and Fallout 4 are too big to wrap up. I might be able to do one of them, but not both and I still have Agents of Mayhem to do too for the bonus badge. 

Like I said though, progress is being made. @donut_plz has gotten me back into Ghost Recon Wildlands. We've spent a few nights playing around with that. We both play late at night so it's easy to meet up. He's more methodical than me. I bring an element of chaos to each encounter, which has led to some amusing failures. Our playstyles are pretty different, but so far we seem compatible. Overall, I think we have been pretty successful and are making progress and not getting frustrated. Rank A won't take much longer and the platinum won't be far behind that. One of the games I added was Beyond: Two Souls and I've somehow managed to never have the plot spoiled in all this time. That and Heavy Rain have been in my too buy list for a long time. Since Beyond was free on PS Plus, I started it up right away. So far, so good! I can tell the graphics are a gen back, but they are still good and the story has been very interesting so far. 

EDIT: It's actually three games that I added! What's wrong with me?!

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Like I said though, progress is being made. @donut_plz has gotten me back into Ghost Recon Wildlands. We've spent a few nights playing around with that. We both play late at night so it's easy to meet up. He's more methodical than me. I bring an element of chaos to each encounter, which has led to some amusing failures. Our playstyles are pretty different, but so far we seem compatible. Overall, I think we have been pretty successful and are making progress and not getting frustrated. Rank A won't take much longer and the platinum won't be far behind that.

Haha maybe we play a little different but Ive had plenty of mishaps due to bonehead moves. Somehow I managed to run over myself with a car, accidentally skydive out of the chopper at the end of a "steal the chopper" mission and plenty of times bringing the Unidad patrols down on us for missing a sniper shot. Either way its great fun and will definitely be in to finish this game up when we can over the next while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Haha maybe we play a little different but Ive had plenty of mishaps due to bonehead moves. Somehow I managed to run over myself with a car, accidentally skydive out of the chopper at the end of a "steal the chopper" mission and plenty of times bringing the Unidad patrols down on us for missing a sniper shot. Either way its great fun and will definitely be in to finish this game up when we can over the next while.

I've had plenty of bonehead moments too. Likethat one time when you opened the door to where Yuri and Polito were and I threw a flashbang in without warning you about it and blinded both of us and got us killed. 

• Like 1

Ok, so far this week, I've managed not to add anything to my profile! Therefore, I don't have any new stuff to clean up. I haven't had a lot of time for gaming though so that might be connected. I started working on Battlefield Hardline. I didn't see my saved game file so I just started it again from scratch. I plan to get all the base game trophies, except for Menz in the Hood. I don't think it's worth the effort and I don't want to beg for a boost. But if someone is reading this and wants to hook me up, that would be awesome! I've still been putting in a couple of hours most nights on Ghost Recon and having a good time. I was going to rush through it to count it for Spring Fling, but ultimately decided that was a bad idea. 

14 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Ok, so far this week, I've managed not to add anything to my profile! Therefore, I don't have any new stuff to clean up. I haven't had a lot of time for gaming though so that might be connected. I started working on Battlefield Hardline. I didn't see my saved game file so I just started it again from scratch. I plan to get all the base game trophies, except for Menz in the Hood. I don't think it's worth the effort and I don't want to beg for a boost. But if someone is reading this and wants to hook me up, that would be awesome! I've still been putting in a couple of hours most nights on Ghost Recon and having a good time. I was going to rush through it to count it for Spring Fling, but ultimately decided that was a bad idea. 

If I got the game Id boost it Toogs. If not I'll likely pick it up on a sale at some point.

2 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

If I got the game Id boost it Toogs. If not I'll likely pick it up on a sale at some point.

Even if we're working together I think it would be dozens of hours for this single trophy. That's why I don't think its very worth pursuing it on my own. That would be cool if you want to do that to. It wouldn't be so bad with a reliable partner because the time in the game would actually be fun. However, to truly boost, you need someone that already has the the double-barrel shot gun and the mac-10 unlocked. If so, they can drop it for you in the game and eliminate the grind you'd need to unlock it for yourself. You could earn the trophy in about 30 minutes if someone willing to do this came along.

bfh.png

It's been almost a month while since I've checked something off or platinumed a game. I've kind of been working my way through Battlefield: Hardline passively as Spring Fling is wrapping up and I've finished my games for that event. Just playing an episode here and there. Last night, I was on episode seven and there are two pretty quick misc trophies in that episode and those put me over the top and I've got Rank A on the game now. I plan to continue a bit further with the game. I don't think I'll platinum it and I'll just move on after the single-player trophies are done. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

celdamage.png lords.png

I am in between seasonal events right now and just bouncing back and forth and playing whatever sounds good at the moment. I booted up Cel Damage and popping all of those trophies only took a couple of hours. I then went back to Lords of the Fallen. I was working on a trophy guide for it months ago, but I got annoyed with the process of getting a guide published for another game and stopped in the middle. I don't plan to write any guides for this site now, mostly because the minutia involved with formatting robbed me of interest. Its kind of funny because running some community events is a lot more work but it's something I enjoy doing more than the guides. I guess it's just not for me. I'm not done with Lords of the Fallen. I plan to platinum it, but it's Rank A and that's all it needs to be checked off my backlog list. Anyway, while playing Monday night, I noticed I'm kind of fatigued with gaming lately. I log in and play in the menus and take forever to actually start a game. So I decided to not play anything for a few days. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

bioshock.png jptg.png

I didn't accomplish much for a couple of weeks. I took a small break and also started some games but didn't finish any. Camp Wannalottaplat kicked off and it motivated me to finally go back to Bioshock and do the Worlds of Hurt challenge room. It was all I had left for the 100% in the game. It didn't take me too long, but it would have been easier if I had done it while I was still familiar with the controls. I also re-subbed to PS Now. I thought it would be fun for my girls to have access to it this summer. So I am working on checking off the random PS3 games I had on my profile from that. Jurassic Park  Episode 1 is the beginning of that. I'm going to play all of the episodes, but I'm just going to post this image once. This game had been on my profile since 2015 so I'm glad to see it go. I'm really tempted to start a bunch of games from PS Now; but I'm going to resist, with the exception of Heavy Rain. I've been meaning to play that game for years and years. Unfortunately, I know the big plot twist but I don't know anything else about the story, so I think I'll still enjoy it.

1Le85b48.png

Platinum #67: A Way Out

This is my first platinum in over month! I had a big streak going for a while. I had high expectations for this game and it still exceeded them. Everything about it was great. The story was compelling. It had some really good funny moments. Even wrapping up the miscellaneous trophies was a good time because the chapter select is broken into lots of little sub-chapters so you rarely had to invest more than a couple of minutes trying get to where you could do the trophy. The only annoyance I had is after you complete a trophy and exit to the menu, it disconnects your partner. Meaning you end up having to re-invite each other over and over. A minor complaint, but would be nice if you could exit as a group and go back to the chapter select screen together. The game is on the easy side and I want to avoid spoilers, so no big tips from me on this one. Just play through it blind once and know that cleaning up after is a breeze and not a chore at all. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2