Platinum Question

LordNEET

I don't know what would happen but I had a game that was 100% and no plat.

In Killzone 3 the plat didn't pop after earning the last trophy. There was a string of angry and frustrated status updates and I just kept beating the last level over and over again trying to get the plat to pop. 

Finally I deleted the game data and reinstalled it and beat the last boss again and thankfully the plat popped.

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but it's definitely possible to earn a platinum later than the rest of the trophies. In Super Exploding Zoo, I got some trophies on PS4 and I got others on Vita. As a result, my platinum timestamp is more than a minute later than any other trophies since I had to go back and re-earn a trophy to pop the plat.

Fun question I'd like to find out!

But a similar thing happened with me on Battlefield Bad company 2, one trophy completely bugged on me that shouldn't have done. Destroy 1000 objects, which isn't hard at all. With that one trophy left, I deleted my game save and started again playing offline on a blank user, destroyed 1000 objects on an entirely new save and boom trophy actually popped!

I then uploaded my PSN account and synced the trophy, to which then I had 72/73 trophies... I think the post on that forum is still up, you can see it how I freaked out. But to get the platinum to pop, I just had to do something that would unlock ANY trophy, so I completed the first mission which would unlock a trophy. And boom there was my platinum, 2 hours after my last trophy! 

PS3 that would theoretically work, as the plat itself doesn't pop right when the last trophy is earned. It can take multiple seconds for it to occur. PS4 you can't as the plat registers as soon as the final trophy is earned. 

Above examples given of not earning the plat because they played on two different systems can happen though. If you don't sync the console so it pulls all earned trophies to the one you're playing in you can pop all the trophies but not be awarded the plat, as the plat popping is a system level thing based on all the other trophies being earned, and not something dictated by the game. The server will normally correct it though after a certain point, or redoing something that should trigger a trophy like said above. 

In theory it's possible to have all trophies except for a platinum IF you pulled the plug a frame before a game would check plat requirements.

I'm more than sure that most of the games are coded in a way that the game only checks plat requirements when any other trophy is popped (some also have checks coded at the game start-up).

That of course is impossible to achieve (at least not without some coded software/hardware).

Trophies unlock a frame after frame but presented to you with a delay; pretty sure that how it works for any Sony console.

Edit: there are some weird cases when people have all trophies except for a plat but that's due to some syncing fockups.

Edited by Skadoki

17 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

Trophies unlock a frame after frame but presented to you with a delay; pretty sure that how it works for any Sony console.

This is absolutely not how it works for PS3. There is a delay not just between the notification appearing, but also between the trophies themselves popping. If you earn 7 trophies at once on PS3 but pull the plug after the 3rd one pops, you only get those 3.