Metal Gear Survive Makes You Pay For Additional Saves

DrakeHellsing

11 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

So if the game came out and only had 1 slot but didn't sell more (like damn near every multiplayer game BTW) you'd be fine with it? A company giving you more options makes you mad? I don't follow that logic.

Every shooter, every sports games, damn near every multiplayer game in general, only gives you 1 save without an option to even delete. You wanna start fresh, you gotta make a new account. Why not get mad at all of them for not having 3-5 saves?

I don't care how many save slots other games give you. The point is they should not be charging for additional ones especially in a $40-$60 game. It's basically gouging customers for something that could be handled a different way.

• Like 4

As much as we may want Konami to fail it's just not going to happen. If Activision can make $4 billion a year on microtransactions there'll be suckers that will lap this tripe up as well. I can't believe a game as magnificent as MGSV was left essentially unfinished and this was made in its stead

I have never played a game from Konami in my life and never had any plans to as none of their games have ever suited my personal interests. After reading the topic title of this discussion I lost all hope in thinking any video game publisher will care about their customers. I mean, sure there's still some companies who do care, but it sure feels like there are only a handful of them out of the vast majority of publishers, of which, sell a lot of copies of a game regardless of whether or not it is / it's gonna be as remarkable than their previous games *cough* Call Of Duty *cough* Back Ops 4 *cough* *wheeze*.

This is just appalling, honestly. This situation essentially added fuel to the fire. Just wait until all the other cash cows follow the footsteps of this untamed beast...

7 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

They don't need to do that, they have the Pokemon Bank which is $5 a year. $5 a year and you can move any Pokemon you want thru all the different 3DS Pokemon games.

Ah, that's right. Instead of 10 dollars once, they take 5 dollars several times for an indefinite amount of time. What was I thinking? xD Maybe MGS Survive should have a character bank! Haha.

15 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

This is ridiculous, but i wonder if you could backup your save. Let’s say you’ve got 2 USB memory sticks, you backup your save, delete it ingame, create a new one, then back that up too, delete it.

Should you now have 2 saves for free, or does online mess this up?

Either way it’s alot of hassle just for 2 savefiles.

Always on connection required. So your character is on their server not your save file. 

41 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'm just here waiting for someone to come by and defend this practice and game. You know there's some people like that. Just look at everyone that defends EA, Activision, and Bungie. I just wanna see that one person that actually defends Metal Gear Survive.

Uh, read the first page of this thread again...

What's the problem guys? Game is awesome. I bought a bunch of additional character slots, it's worth it.

Now if you would excuse me I am going to dip $100 bills in $1000 champagne and smoke them using my $10,000 gold-encrusted flamethrower to light them up

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rrorkk said:

in game currency is being given as a log in bonus, 30 coins a day

So, about a month of logging in allows you to open a new save slot? That actually doesn't sound super bad to me. 

On 2/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, KingGuy420 said:

It's an online only game right? Most of those games limit the amount of saves you can have, to keep server space to a minimum, since saves are stored server side. That's nothing new.

At least they're offering a way to get more. I would've killed for more character slots in Destiny.

I usually kick about microtransactions, but with the comment I just answered above, this doesn't seem terrible. 

Edited by starcrunch061