Where are the other DLC trophy lists?

Soufwar

6 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

This game has 14 DLC trophy lists, on top of the main vanilla trophy list, can anyone tell me why the developers are not updating the trophy list for their episodes, especially since the game has 30 episodes on PC and 29 of them are already on PS4! 

They reached the DLC trophy cap long ago, and once they do that it's hard to go past it. For example the Rocket League developers were talking on a podcast not too long ago before their last DLC trophy set released and they said that they had to go through a process of explaining Sony why their game should have more DLC trophies since they've reached the cap :P 

It was likely too much work and/or too expensive to keep doing DLC trophies for each episode. They also stopped doing trophy packs once they started releasing episodes in smaller parts. I'm guessing that made it even more difficult to do.

Speculation aside, I'm glad they finally stopped, the list is incredibly intimidating even as is, and has made me hold off on getting a sub. Even getting the plat auto-popped after subbing, there's still another 109 trophies to get, which is a pretty daunting task. Especially since it's an MMO.

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

It was likely too much work and/or too expensive to keep doing DLC trophies for each episode. They also stopped doing trophy packs once they started releasing episodes in smaller parts. I'm guessing that made it even more difficult to do.

Speculation aside, I'm glad they finally stopped, the list is incredibly intimidating even as is, and has made me hold off on getting a sub. Even getting the plat auto-popped after subbing, there's still another 109 trophies to get, which is a pretty daunting task. Especially since it's an MMO.

The trophies aren't that bad, you're looking at 150-200 hours worth of gameplay to get everything done. for an MMO thats nothing, i had 290 hours on the first Borderlands last year just to give you an idea of how easy DC Universe Online is to accomplish and 100% not to mention that the PS3 version was auto popping for people so thats 1 work for 218 trophies, pretty rewarding work if you ask me. 

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

They reached the DLC trophy cap long ago, and once they do that it's hard to go past it. For example the Rocket League developers were talking on a podcast not too long ago before their last DLC trophy set released and they said that they had to go through a process of explaining Sony why their game should have more DLC trophies since they've reached the cap :P 

I just thought of this: 

That argument isn't relevant because Warframe is at 23 updates now. And DC Universe Online is made by Daybreak which used to be SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) which was Sony's PC gaming devision at the time so they know the company politics when it comes to trophies and everything since they helped with console gaming too. I feel like its just laziness from the developers more than anything. 

3 hours ago, Soufwar said:

I just thought of this: 

That argument isn't relevant because Warframe is at 23 updates now. And DC Universe Online is made by Daybreak which used to be SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) which was Sony's PC gaming devision at the time so they know the company politics when it comes to trophies and everything since they helped with console gaming too. I feel like its just laziness from the developers more than anything. 

Yeah but Warframe has like 2 or 3 trophies per DLC, and the base game doesn’t have a platinum - due to total points Sony probably allows this. Sony has always been weird but at the same time sensical with their trophy list limits in my opinion xD 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah but Warframe has like 2 or 3 trophies per DLC, and the base game doesn’t have a platinum - due to total points Sony probably allows this. Sony has always been weird but at the same time sensical with their trophy list limits in my opinion xD 

I see what you're saying, but Greg Miller recently said that the game he's going to be in wasn't going to have a platinum until he told the developers they should just ask for one and they would get it and ended up having it by the end of the day. Makes me think that Daybreak (former Sony company) knows this and due to the Rocket League dev saying the same thing about DLC trophy lists i'd say its Daybreak been lazy and not Sony been uptight. Idk why i want more trophies but i want each and every episode to have its own trophy list. 

14 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

I see what you're saying, but Greg Miller recently said that the game he's going to be in wasn't going to have a platinum until he told the developers they should just ask for one and they would get it and ended up having it by the end of the day. Makes me think that Daybreak (former Sony company) knows this and due to the Rocket League dev saying the same thing about DLC trophy lists i'd say its Daybreak been lazy and not Sony been uptight. Idk why i want more trophies but i want each and every episode to have its own trophy list. 

you may be the only one...

9 hours ago, Soufwar said:

The trophies aren't that bad, you're looking at 150-200 hours worth of gameplay to get everything done. for an MMO thats nothing, i had 290 hours on the first Borderlands last year just to give you an idea of how easy DC Universe Online is to accomplish and 100% not to mention that the PS3 version was auto popping for people so thats 1 work for 218 trophies, pretty rewarding work if you ask me. 

It may be easy, but it's definitely a lot of time. It may not be much "for an MMO", but it's still 150-200 hours. For people like me, who have a job and a family, that equates to at least a month of time. And that's only if I play every second I can, work is slow enough for me to play a lot, and I largely ignore my family. Not to mention that I could get even the hardest plat from my backlog done in about half that time. I could probably get up to 10 plats in that time. Not even all easy plats, just normal ones.

If you have a spare 200 hours to play a single game, then good on you for having so much free time, but that's definitely not a small amount of time. Especially compared to most other trophy lists.

Also, the PS3 version was taken down on Jan 31st. So you can't auto-pop both lists anymore.

On 2/22/2018 at 1:55 PM, ExHaseo said:

It may be easy, but it's definitely a lot of time. It may not be much "for an MMO", but it's still 150-200 hours. For people like me, who have a job and a family, that equates to at least a month of time. And that's only if I play every second I can, work is slow enough for me to play a lot, and I largely ignore my family. Not to mention that I could get even the hardest plat from my backlog done in about half that time. I could probably get up to 10 plats in that time. Not even all easy plats, just normal ones.

If you have a spare 200 hours to play a single game, then good on you for having so much free time, but that's definitely not a small amount of time. Especially compared to most other trophy lists.

Also, the PS3 version was taken down on Jan 31st. So you can't auto-pop both lists anymore.

I know about the PS3 version and i was referring to people who did already. I am a college student, i work freelance and have a job and my personal life and i still make time for my video games, yes 200 hours is a lot of time but tbh thats a 200 hours well spent if you ask me. If games start becoming work like the way you describe them, you should stop. Remember that platinums are not the reason you play games, they're a bonus. I would much rather spend 200 hours on DC Universe Online enjoying it than working on 10 platinums in the same amount of time, but again this is off topic. The topic is why Daybreak didn't update the trophy list, this is for people to discuss that, not whether or not you would like that to happen. 

1 hour ago, Soufwar said:

I know about the PS3 version and i was referring to people who did already. I am a college student, i work freelance and have a job and my personal life and i still make time for my video games, yes 200 hours is a lot of time but tbh thats a 200 hours well spent if you ask me. If games start becoming work like the way you describe them, you should stop. Remember that platinums are not the reason you play games, they're a bonus. I would much rather spend 200 hours on DC Universe Online enjoying it than working on 10 platinums in the same amount of time, but again this is off topic. The topic is why Daybreak didn't update the trophy list, this is for people to discuss that, not whether or not you would like that to happen. 

You should really speak for yourself. Platinums are the reason a lot of people play games, and for many, their profile and stats are more important to them than any other aspect of gaming. Plats are even a reason some people don't play certain games. You shouldn't be so presumptuous of other people's lives and motives.

You're also assuming I've never played DCUO before, when in fact I have. I played for over 100 hours on the PC version shortly after it first came out, and have 4 max level characters on the PS4 version from playing the console version of the game on and off. Playing on the PC version there was no worry about having to get trophies that will drag the whole profile down. I originally planned on slowly playing through the PS3 version until I got all of the characters maxed and could get the plat, but then they started adding trophies, and didn't stop for a long time. I didn't want to have to redo a bunch of stuff I had already done, and I didn't want to put in all of the time to do so when I had other things to do. Even now, I'm still considering getting a sub once I've done everything for the plat, and just seeing how many trophies I can get within a month. I just don't know if I want to or not, because I know that the majority of the list will stay unfinished, and it's already hard enough for me to raise my stats. Point of all of that being, maybe next time ask "why", instead of just projecting. Or even at least accepting that not everyone is like you, and that everyone is different and are in different situations in life. It would have saved us both some time.

Also, you may feel like you're busy, but I can assure you, you have absolutely no idea how much work a family is. Especially children. Between babysitting, cooking, cleaning, taking them to and from school, doing things with the SO, and having to work full time on top of all of that, you're left with an incredibly limited amount of time. When I was in college, I was taking a full schedule and working full time, and I had far more free time then than I do now. I have to choose what I do with that free time a lot more carefully, and if I'm given the option of playing through 10 games sitting on my shelf, and playing 1 that I've already played fairly extensively, just to get trophies, I'm going to play the 10 games.

Lastly, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that I addressed the topic in my first post, and said as an aside that I was personally fine with the fact that they've stopped trophies. It's the internet, and I wanted to give my opinion. That happens and is a part of normal conversation as well. Anyway, you latched on to my opinion of that instead of what was said about the topic. So, if you really wanted to discuss that, then you shouldn't have addressed my aside. There isn't really anything else to discuss about why they stopped adding trophies anyway. As far as I know, they never explicitly said why they decided to stop doing trophies, so it's mostly speculation. No matter what the reason, I'm still glad they decided to stop putting them in.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:30 PM, ExHaseo said:

You should really speak for yourself. Platinums are the reason a lot of people play games, and for many, their profile and stats are more important to them than any other aspect of gaming. Plats are even a reason some people don't play certain games. You shouldn't be so presumptuous of other people's lives and motives.

You're also assuming I've never played DCUO before, when in fact I have. I played for over 100 hours on the PC version shortly after it first came out, and have 4 max level characters on the PS4 version from playing the console version of the game on and off. Playing on the PC version there was no worry about having to get trophies that will drag the whole profile down. I originally planned on slowly playing through the PS3 version until I got all of the characters maxed and could get the plat, but then they started adding trophies, and didn't stop for a long time. I didn't want to have to redo a bunch of stuff I had already done, and I didn't want to put in all of the time to do so when I had other things to do. Even now, I'm still considering getting a sub once I've done everything for the plat, and just seeing how many trophies I can get within a month. I just don't know if I want to or not, because I know that the majority of the list will stay unfinished, and it's already hard enough for me to raise my stats. Point of all of that being, maybe next time ask "why", instead of just projecting. Or even at least accepting that not everyone is like you, and that everyone is different and are in different situations in life. It would have saved us both some time.

Also, you may feel like you're busy, but I can assure you, you have absolutely no idea how much work a family is. Especially children. Between babysitting, cooking, cleaning, taking them to and from school, doing things with the SO, and having to work full time on top of all of that, you're left with an incredibly limited amount of time. When I was in college, I was taking a full schedule and working full time, and I had far more free time then than I do now. I have to choose what I do with that free time a lot more carefully, and if I'm given the option of playing through 10 games sitting on my shelf, and playing 1 that I've already played fairly extensively, just to get trophies, I'm going to play the 10 games.

Lastly, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that I addressed the topic in my first post, and said as an aside that I was personally fine with the fact that they've stopped trophies. It's the internet, and I wanted to give my opinion. That happens and is a part of normal conversation as well. Anyway, you latched on to my opinion of that instead of what was said about the topic. So, if you really wanted to discuss that, then you shouldn't have addressed my aside. There isn't really anything else to discuss about why they stopped adding trophies anyway. As far as I know, they never explicitly said why they decided to stop doing trophies, so it's mostly speculation. No matter what the reason, I'm still glad they decided to stop putting them in.

I am speaking for myself, and everybody else. No one buys a PlayStation, a game and signs up for PSN to hunt trophies, they do it to play games, trophies are a plus, not the main dish. Its true, with time people forget why they started playing games in the first place and get consumed by trophies, thats why we're on this website, thats why i paid 12.99$ to a website to get pemium membership for something i truly enjoy. 

Your first post was off topic, its true that you touched on my question but you wanted to rant "for people like me, who have a job and a family" so what i am i supposed to be? an unemployed fat guy who sits in his mom's basement? guess what, its life! i have school, a job, freelance work, a girlfriend, a roommate and friends and family that i have to keep meaningful relationships with! 

I am one of those guys who believe that if you like something you will make time to do it, instead of losing focus and talking about your personal life with me like i just did, maybe answer the question like Mango did so we can have a discussion that is interesting instead of making this a school yard showdown. Anyways, take care of you and the family!